MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been away most of the day- what's the latest? Can someone fill me in on what I've missed?

Thanks so much in advance!

After reading the posts by the poster who had this exact same thing happen to his family I just have to stay neutral. Actually I have been there all along. I always look at things by trying to walk in that persons shoes if I even can. Again, Lavanda Dolce has kept me grounded in the sense of providing insight as to the advise families in this situation are given. The media swarms, LE is all over them, the neighbors are either there for them or there not. In the mean time, the have a child missing. If they are innocent they are living a nightmare.If they are guilty there are living a nightmare. I'm still on the fence and continue to give the parents the benefit of doubt. Hope Pumpkin Pie is safe in the arms of someone who wanted a child. The odds are against that.

Good night all, hug the ones you love

I know everyone thinks the police suspect Deborah, but I'm starting to wonder if Jeremy is their suspect and they did the LDT on Deborah to see if she was involved, too.

I have been wondering about that from the beginning. Deborah had the other children with her and watching her so unless someone else helped, I'm not sure how she would have been able to do much (at least while they were awake). It is his description of events and potential opportunity (especially without a cell phone on him) that makes me wonder. Unless he had an absolute airtight alibi, (which seems questionable given the likely time lapse between him getting home and the call to 911) it also makes no sense that he wasn't asked to take a LDT. Just my latest thinking out loud. :cow:

One more thing that has been begging me since day one. Why when they released photos was one of the first two released a very, very young picture of Lisa? I would guess she's less than 3 months in that picture and they have it on the posters. Wouldn't the most recent pictures be better? I just think about how much my kids have changed and grown. They look nothing like they did at 3 months.

Since I keep seeing this brought up...can anyone provide a source that says that there was DNA taken from the "teen?" TIA

Sure.

"On Friday, investigators questioned a teenage neighbor of Lisa's parents and forensic experts took a DNA sample, a source told ABC News. That neighbor apparently was at the home the day Lisa vanished and knew the access code to the family's garage."

Snipped: http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-teen-questioned-police-california-tip/story?id=14695496

not that we know of. the father says when he came home he tried to close the window and he couldn't because the screen was "bent inwards" in other words, not popped out completely. i have a hard time picturing this, maybe another poster can paint a clearer picture. lol. i believe he also said that he didn't think a person could come through it. if i'm wrong on any points someone please correct me, my brain is all melty right now.

My German Shepherd has bent our window screens in like that several times. If the windows are open and she is out back and she wants to come inside she will stick her silly nose through the screen really hard until the screen comes partially lose and bends inward.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...bpoenas-nbc-action-news-footage-in-irwin-case

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Early Monday evening NBC Action News received a grand jury subpoena in relation to the search for 10-month-old Lisa Irwin search.
The Clay County Prosecutor's Office is asking for specific footage.
The office has requested any raw video of any interviews given by family, friends of family and neighbors regarding the missing girl.
Other media outlets have also been served including CNN.
Baby Lisa went missing a week ago from her crib sometime between the hours of 10:30 p.m. last Monday and 4 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Looks like CNN also received a subpeona, so it isn't just local stations

I've been away most of the day- what's the latest? Can someone fill me in on what I've missed?

Thanks so much in advance!
The case will be presented to a grand jury on, I think, 18 October. That's pretty substantial (and nothing else that happened today really is).

The key evidence we have not seen IMO are the cell phone records. The cell phones may have been found also.

The media interviews show over and over that she went to bed at 10:30, yet reportedly there is cell phone activity at 2:38. The loss of her and his phone tells me they are both involved in that call/text.

The couple will be arrested soon. I suggest they re-think their strategy. MOO.

at age 6 and 8 the boys could tell someone what happened if they saw or heard anything.

Yes the certainly could! They could also tell if someone left the house during the night, and other things that may have gone on.

To the best of my recollection a grand jury indictment was used for Edwin Hall in Kansas. The prosecutor went this route in order to prevent from having to disclose evidence in a preliminary hearing. Although this subpena is different than a criminal case I am wondering if it isn't for a similar reason....the LE doesn't want the public to know what evidence is on the tape they are requesting. Also, from reading the subpena ABC News can choose to hand over the tapes at any given time prior to the 18th and avoid having to go to the hearing, but if not then they must show up on the 18th and follow whatever the GJ tells them.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291736,00.html

Has this been posted yet?

LIBERTY, MO (KCTV) - The Clay County Prosecutor's Office has served a grand jury subpoena on KCTV5 as part of the investigation into the disappearance of baby Lisa Irwin.

KCTV received the subpoena late Monday afternoon. Prosecutors asked KCTV5 for "all footage, including raw footage of any interviews or statements given by neighbors, family or friends of the family, regarding missing baby Lisa Irwin."

KCTV5 was ordered to bring the footage to the "Grand Jury Room" at the Clay County Courthouse on 9 a.m. Oct. 18.

Management at KCTV5 has turned over the subpoena to our attorneys. We do not know what this development means in this case, including what a grand jury could be considering.

At least one other media outlet reported receiving on Monday a grand jury subpoena from the Clay County Prosecutor's Office.

Snipped: http://www.kctv5.com/story/15661276/kctv5-receives-subpoeana-in-search-for-baby-lisa

They just said on Nancy Grace that the boys had fallen asleep in bed watching a movie together.

This may be a dumb question, but can the news stations that have been subpoenaed still use the video footage or is this a way for LE to keep the footage off the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member