MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing they know for sure is there should be a 10 m/o in the house and she is not there. They have talked to other family members.

People should do what they always do, be careful. Talking to Missing and Exploited children folks right now to see what the next steps should be.

working with NCMEC
Family cooprated yesterday, they are free to do what they want, not in custody, if they don't want to talk to us, they don't have to

UGH can't hear the questions.. just the answers

Not pointing any blame or fault, but I'm not sure I'd want to stay at a relatives house...I think I'd want to stay at my own house...just in case.

Not being snarky, but in case of what? I doubt if a kidnapper would bring her back, and she sure isn't going to come back on her own, being that young.
Sorry... I know it was just an observation on your part, but maybe being close to her crib and toys and other belongings is too painful for them. Or it could be just protection for the other kids as well.

dogs going through woods for 2nd and 3rd time, covering all doors, checking houses that didn't answer the door yesterday

Have been doing "knocks and talks" in every area around the home. Going back again today to those houses with no answer yesterday.

are parents considered suspects..

NO
are they ruled out..
No

If you see something call tips hotline..

volunteer searchers would not help

worried about maintaining crime scene integrity is a worry with volunteers

Manpower is adequate based on what they know. Do not want public searching, just call in tips to the hotline. No plans right now to shut down command center.

still have leads coming in, no plans to shut down command center

Not being snarky, but in case of what? I doubt if a kidnapper would bring her back, and she sure isn't going to come back on her own, being that young.
Sorry... I know it was just an observation on your part, but maybe being close to her crib and toys and other belongings is too painful for them. Or it could be just protection for the other kids as well.

Like I clearly said, I'm not judging...it's purely me. I'd want to be at the house. You just never know.

Not really any new info, but I'm still impressed with this group of LE. I think he was very honest, and at least we didn't have a ton of "no comment"s/"I can't comment in that" etc. Very forthcoming about the fact that they don't seem to have any real leads. :(

Interesting that he did say the dogs made no hits/gave them no information. :sigh:

Did Captn. Young mention the time of the next press conference?

Isn't 26-30 lbs. awfully big for a 10 month old baby? I know babies can vary a great deal in size but that's a whopper for a girl!

Like I clearly said, I'm not judging...it's purely me. I'd want to be at the house. You just never know.

I understand, and I was not trying to be rude.
Could be LE wanted them out of the house for them to process it, search for any evidence, and also clear the parents. I didn't think of that at first, I'm not fully awake yet. Sorry.

if someone had stolen my child out of my home, my other children would never spend another night there, and I wouldn't want my other children out of my sight either, therefore we'd all be staying together somewhere else... MOO

Isn't 26-30 lbs. awfully big for a 10 month old baby? I know babies can vary a great deal in size but that's a whopper for a girl!

yes! this would be large for both height -30 inches- and weight at 11 months and she is just 10 mos.

I think they say an average baby will roughly double their birth weight in 6 months, quadruple by 2? So say a baby is 7 lbs at birth, 14 by 6 mos, 28 by 2?

26 to 30 seems a bit big. Maybe a bit more like 22 to 24 lbs? She didn't look like a huge baby to me either. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14