MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Young say something like " If police had enough to charge someone in connection with Lisa's disappearance they would charge them." during the p/c? I'm quoting that from the cliff notes I read.

I think that is a very strange statement... as if they have something on someone, but just not enough to officially make the charge. Hmrph.

Look I personally cant jump on the parents yet.My God I would be losing my mind right now. You know they have been interrogated, sleep deprived, in shock and everything else. I'm just not ready to jump on the condemn bandwagon. Hope I'm right

Didn't LE just say (earlier) that there were 'no holes' in the stories of the parents? I'd link if I could find...

It's on my timeline...not for today, but back a bit further.

It seems to me that LE either said something that they took to be accusing them or straight out told them they didn't believe them. I mean, if they just said that the parents have intimate knowledge of what's going on that is as good as saying they are somehow involved.
There is no good reason for innocent people to not help LE find their child. How the He!! do they think they will find her without their help?

If they have cooperated the whole time and felt LE was not being open with them in return then i can see them shutting down, especially feeling they told them everything they could already.

Not the smartest of moves but if a lawyer relative is involved too...i can see it happening with no guilt on their end.

This is horribly sad.

I'm trying to remember, but I can't remember either parent asking that people look for the baby. I know they asked if someone has her, to return her, but I'm just not remembering them asking people to look for her.

It could very well be my old brain malfunctioning though. Does anyone else remember?

When Mom was talking on that last video interview, it seemed to me that she felt the need to overly-explain about the cell phones being on the counter and why they were there even though it is a normal place to find cell phones IMO. She also garbled her way through her story, saying "I, uh, we, um, woke up/he woke us up...

The other thing I noticed about Mom was that she kept talking about how she feels, what she needs...she has to have baby home, she, kids need baby home etc. instead of focusing on what Lisa needs...to be home in her own bed and getting meds for her cold, to have her blankey and mommy and daddy. I didn't hear either one ask someone to return her but they sure did a lot of 'splainin'.

Dad's flat affect reminds me of Josh P.

OK...hold on for a minute. That was a bizarre PC. I have faith in LE to a considerable extent. But we don't know the reasons or circumstances here. Maybe the mom and dad are so angry or upset or losing it, they got mad at some cop and just lost it. Maybe something the cops said or did upset them. Maybe they felt "accused" and just said "no more!" We don't know. "Decided to stop cooperating." That's a potentially loaded phrase. Young was obviously pissed. But didn't know the answers to a number of questions.

I say we should withhold judgment. There's more to learn. Take it easy. This does NOT mean the parents are guilty of anything. Other perhaps than being torn and emotional. It doesn't mean the opposite, either. We need more info.[/QUOTE]

BBM
I agree. I think the parents and LE have their feelings in this and everyone is tired and nerves are frayed. Not making excuses for anyone but it could be a confict in personalities too.

We don't know what has occured and probably never will but this doesn't mean they won't find her and it doesn't mean they can't mend fences. Hopefully, they will get past this for the sake of this precious little baby girl.

Not saying it would help a thing, but it seems like there is always a reward offered ... this case has received national publicity, Lisa is a beautiful baby, LE says they are stumped ... everything about this case is strange to me.

OK what if the parents think they know who it is and the Police haven't made an arrest and they are just very upset. There appears to be some problem this afternoon some misunderstanding. So maybe they have a good idea who did this and want LE to arrest them and bring the baby back but LE can't yet?

I don't think LE believes the bit about the phones...JMO
And if they don't believe even one thing, I am sure it makes it difficult to believe everything else. Again, just my opinion. I also feel coming up with a laundry list of possible suspects was pretty unusual. The first instinct we've seen from most parents is "I can't think of anyone who would do this..."

When Mom was talking on that last video interview, it seemed to me that she felt the need to overly-explain about the cell phones being on the counter and why they were there even though it is a normal place to find cell phones IMO. She also garbled her way through her story, saying "I, uh, we, um, woke up/he woke us up...

The other thing I noticed about Mom was that she kept talking about how she feels, what she needs...she has to have baby home, she, kids need baby home etc. instead of focusing on what Lisa needs...to be home in her own bed and getting meds for her cold, to have her blankey and mommy and daddy. I didn't hear either one ask someone to return her but they sure did a lot of 'splainin'.

I was just thinking about that comment.but did not want to type it...

If they have cooperated the whole time and felt LE was not being open with them in return then i can see them shutting down, especially feeling they told them everything they could already.

Not the smartest of moves but if a lawyer relative is involved too...i can see it happening with no guilt on their end.

If they had nothing to do with it how does not cooperating with LE help find the baby? Isn't that all that matters?
Remember Marc Klass when Polly was missing? He begged the police to give him a LD so they could focus on the real kidnapper.

anyone know if maybe TE was called in, could this be the Texas connection?

I don't know, LE made it sound to me as if they no longer believe in the parents...not as though they are covering up for a possible ransom, etc...JMO

LE sure didn't waste any time calling a presser just to announce the parents were no longer cooperating. Usually LE does this much further into an investigation...if they do that at all. LE usually keeps that info from the public. They could discuss cooperation with the parents behind closed doors. Holy cow LE called the parents out publicly big time!

Okay, million dollar question, WHAT DID LISA'S HALF-BROTHERS SEE?! They were home that night; heck, one was sleeping with his mom. They would have been awake when all heck broke loose. Surely, they have been interviewed and told LE what they saw. Even if their parents told them not to tell the truth, I think the LE can tell when a 6-year-old is lying.

I'm very curious to hear what they told LE.

I don't think Lisa's parents are directly responsible for her disappearance. However, I wonder if they are involved in something -- sinister? dangerous? -- that could have caused her to be taken.

That "heated" or "animated" discussion today was followed by the parents going to the command center. Reporters said that the parents were reminded of another potential suspect. Perhaps that suspect is the right one, but the parents don't want to admit their role in something potentially illegal that would have caused the suspect to take Lisa.

OK...hold on for a minute. That was a bizarre PC. I have faith in LE to a considerable extent. But we don't know the reasons or circumstances here. Maybe the mom and dad are so angry or upset or losing it, they got mad at some cop and just lost it. Maybe something the cops said or did upset them. Maybe they felt "accused" and just said "no more!" We don't know. "Decided to stop cooperating." That's a potentially loaded phrase. Young was obviously pissed. But didn't know the answers to a number of questions.

I say we should withhold judgment. There's more to learn. Take it easy. This does NOT mean the parents are guilty of anything. Other perhaps than being torn and emotional. It doesn't mean the opposite, either. We need more info.[/QUOTE]

BBM
I agree. I think the parents and LE have their feelings in this and everyone is tired and nerves are frayed. Not making excuses for anyone but it could be a confict in personalities too.

We don't know what has occured and probably never will but this doesn't mean they won't find her and it doesn't mean they can't mend fences. Hopefully, they will get past this for the sake of this precious little baby girl.

LE may also have been frustrated with no new leads and then started to point fingers at the parents in interviews..once again even though parents answered all their questions the first time.

That might get me to shut down. i.e. what is the point if they are only going to look at me and blame me rather than search for her elsewhere.

imo

p.s. and if thats the case it was a bad mistake on LE's part..they do it and quite often but sometimes you push an innocent person to far and especially if they told a lawyer friend about it...i totally understand the anger and fear..they also have two other little boys to look after.

OK what if the parents think they know who it is and the Police haven't made an arrest and they are just very upset. There appears to be some problem this afternoon some misunderstanding. So maybe they have a good idea who did this and want LE to arrest them and bring the baby back but LE can't yet?

That makes sense to me! I can see this happening under these circumstances.

I also sensed something weird in Dad...can't put my finger on it but in the Today show video from this morning, his demeanor just struck me as "not quite right." kwim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member