MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in KC. I don't believe the police have stopped investigating. I believe the command post was for the searches going on in the wooded areas, not the entire investigation.
I don't understand the parents decision to no longer cooperate.
I can understand that perhaps they were feeling overwhelmed by the questioning, but would it not be better to cooperate with an attorney present, than to shut the door entirely?
As someone else stated, if this is just a matter of them feeling the police aren't doing enough, then we should be seeing them all over the tv soon. I guess time will tell.
I did some shopping today, in the northland where I live, and did not see one missing poster for that sweet baby.

BBM. Ditto. :(

someone smack me with some limp noodles or something...

I really have no words that I am able to cogently contribute/am at a loss for words (imagine thaaat!)/confused/confuzzled/shocked etc etc etc.....

first thing this morning the family had the media and the world audience in their hand and now after all of this news this will change... and how does this help baby Lisa.

oh my...

oh oh my....

IMO somebody knew where the dammed light switches were in the house to get the lights on - this was not a total stranger abduction. I for one could not go into a strange house, turn on lights, take a baby out of a crib, grab 3 cell phones, go out and leave the door unlocked unless I knew the layout of the house, where the light switches were and maybe ... possibly had a key to the house or knew where a key would be hidden outside the house. Nigh to impossible to do all of this in a house that one did not know w/o waking somebody up. All moo.

IMO there had to be familiarity with the surroundings to do all this ... moo.

Figuring out the light switches is the easy part. If the door opens to the right the switch is on the left and vice-versa. All are about the same distance from the floor.

The phones are strange...........

Finding the correct bedroom would be the problem. The person had to know which room she slept in. moo

That " intimate knowledge " comment seems to imply that LE thinks the parents may well know who harmed ( or took ) their child. LE seems to be imploring them to tell. "Our door is open "...

Thing is, IF the parents do know, why wouldn't they tell LE FGS ? If it was : a jealous ex, a weird neighbor, a weird uncle, a fellow employee etc. ? I cannot believe there was a demand for ransom ; they are a blue collar family with 3 kids ? ?

I wonder who the parents would protect from LE IF they knew what had happened ? MOO

This won't be popular but I'll say it anyway - if anything like this ever happens to you, get a lawyer immediately; THIS DOES NOT MEAN you can't cooperate fully with the police, and I know you would. What it means is that your rights are protected. But I'm guilty of nothing! you say. Fine - then you really need a lawyer. I've read of too many cases - one would be too many - where LE put the screws to parents who were guilty of nothing and fell into a trap. It happens. Forget the "Oh, they lawyered up!" crowd. Know your rights.

I completely agree! Of course, I have a sibling who is a defense attorney and would probably make sure I was represented, but this is excellent advice.

this evening police spokesman was quoted saying....

"I challenge anyone to come up with an idea we haven't tried already"

i know that statement would have pizzed me off if i were them.

another note: Police never said parents will no longer speak to them.

Well good night all, saying a prayer for this family tonight. And I don't pray often...

Please, to all the powers that be, bring Baby L back to loving arms and safety. May she be with her family and the ones that will treasure, nurture and love her for many many years.

I can only think of five cases where there was a ransom note:

The Lindbergh Baby (ransom paid but Charles was found dead)
Leopold and Loeb (Bobby's body was found before ransom was paid)
JonBenet Ramsey (JonBenet was found dead in the basement; depending on your thoery, the RN was written by the parent or an intruder)
Zahra Baker (RN was written by stepmom (and dad?) who killed Zahra)
George Weyerhaeuser: Ransom was paid and George was released

I should mention that George was kidnapped ONE MONTH after the Lindbergh baby case which got tons of publicity, so it's very likely that the kidnappers got the ransom note idea from that case.

So that's five cases in 80+ years. And technically, only in one case was the ransom note true.

Add in the grandson of J. Paul Getty who had his ear cut off and sent with the ransom note.

If they indeed gave the police a laundy list of "suspects" today...what changed, I wonder? They seemed eager to provide names, from what we heard. So I can't imagine who they would be protecting all of a sudden...

I live in KC. I don't believe the police have stopped investigating. I believe the command post was for the searches going on in the wooded areas, not the entire investigation.
I don't understand the parents decision to no longer cooperate.
I can understand that perhaps they were feeling overwhelmed by the questioning, but would it not be better to cooperate with an attorney present, than to shut the door entirely?
As someone else stated, if this is just a matter of them feeling the police aren't doing enough, then we should be seeing them all over the tv soon. I guess time will tell.
I did some shopping today, in the northland where I live, and did not see one missing poster for that sweet baby.

BBM. Ditto. :(

That makes me so sad to hear this. It is true, of all of the photos that we've seen, not a single one has been of volunteers putting up missing posters or handing out flyers. I don't understand... :(

this evening police spokesman was quoted saying....

"I challenge anyone to come up with an idea we haven't tried already"

i know that statement would have pizzed me off if i were them.

another note: Police never said parents will no longer speak to them.
LE has made several defensive statements.

"We are continuing to track down leads as we get them," Kansas City Police Department spokesman Capt. Steve Young. "But earlier, the mother and father decided to quit cooperating with police, but our door is always open."

Police said they were closing the command post as a result. They also began taking down the crime tape from outside the family's home about 8:30 p.m. Thursday.

another snip

He refused to say whether the parents had taken polygraph tests. He said police have no suspects.

another snip

The parents had told reporters that three phones, including cell phones, were taken from their home by the kidnapper. They said this meant a delay in notifying authorities about the kidnapping.

But Young said those claims had turned up nothing.

"We have looked into it. Obviously, it hasn't produced really anything we can go forward with," Young said. "It has produced really nothing."

Hundreds of police officers and others have saturated the area, Young said. Regarding the closure of the command post, "That's probably inevitable at some point," he said.

Less than 40 minutes later, police announced Thursday night that command post was folding.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15637354...ents-no-longer-cooperating-with-investigators

I live in KC.

Respectfully snipped by me:

This puts me into an outright RAGE....:furious:..............:furious:

Why did Lisa's father come home from work early, during his first night on the job?

We don't know what has been happening behind the scenes; LE may have been stretching the truth earlier when they said that there were "no holes" in their stories, to keep them cooperating, for all we know. Maybe stories were not matching up and LE finally called them on it. JMO

were missing posters even put up of Lisa?

I don't know. I was shopping in the northland today, around the 1-29 corridor and did not see any.
I would say the area I was in is within 5-7 miles of their house..so there might be missing posters closer to their residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member