MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I say that I suspect the mom in the disappearance of baby Lisa? Is that allowed?

The first night Kyron went missing I found his step mother's Facebook and after reading it I decided that there was no way she had anything to do with what happened. She was a teacher FGS. It just shows that some people are good at portraying themselves in a positive light. When it is a family like Haleigh's no one doubts the family could be involved but when it seems to be a nice, middle class mom and dad who look so normal it is easy to put blinders on.
For the record, I didn't doubt the parents a bit until they stopped cooperating with LE. And now with an attorney and a "deal" I have great big honking doubts. I hope it doesn't turn out that way.

when families place "deals" a higher priority than cooperating with police, they shouldn't be surprised that they lose credibility with the police or the public.

JMO

Color me positive....again....but if the police that we were supposed to be cooperating with searched the same square footage around my house for the 3rd time in a 72 hour period, I would be LIVID! The police have said it themselves. They have no leads, no idea what happened to this baby. I probably wouldn't cooperate with a shotty investigation either.

Curious here, I've read for awhile but not everything, can someone tell me if the FBI and the CART team has been called in? Not heard it mentioned yet.

I'm not ready to accuse or assume anything as far as the parents doing anything to their baby. It could be tempers flared and things went south. sts Think of how many parents get frustrated and angry when LE doesn't give them information on their missing child.

Do I need to make a list straight off WS. Spierer, Bobo, Drexler, etc, etc.

LE isn't always forthcoming with information to the family or the media as we well know. Maybe the family had been asking and getting no information, they had words, LE accused them of not being honest, said mom failed the LD. Maybe she wasn't forthcoming on something. If you show deception on any part of it they can say you failed it. What if she smoked a little before bed and lied about it.

Maybe they are putting pressure on the parents to be sure they aren't hiding anything. I don't know but I for one am stunned that LE held a news conference to make this kind of announcement. What was their motivation?

If they want everyone to look at the parents, they succeeded. Or were they jumping to discredit the parents before the parents talked to the press?

My big question, what if LE is wrong? I can think of a lot of things LE could hold a press conference for but this is not one of them. Unless they have some rock solid evidence in this case I believe they went overboard. Can you say testosterone?

I'm not so sure ego didn't get in the way of common sense. If they wanted the parents to cooperate this certainly wasn't the way to get it.

I think they all need to stop and realize who this is all about, LISA.

NOT THE PARENTS AND CERTAINLY NOT LE.

Why aren't we putting the LE spokesman to the same scrutiny as the parents. Body language, tone of voice, choice of words, truth, how they are handling the investigation, contradictory statements.

IMO until proven otherwise, the family are still victims and their baby is missing.

My prayers for baby Lisa, her parents, and LE.
MOO

when families place "deals" a higher priority than cooperating with police, they shouldn't be surprised that they lose credibility with the police or the public.

JMO

Where's this "deal"? I saw the word used, but I haven't seen anything to explain or substantiate it. Can you help me out with that?

Color me positive....again....but if the police that we were supposed to be cooperating with searched the same square footage around my house for the 3rd time in a 72 hour period, I would be LIVID! The police have said it themselves. They have no leads, no idea what happened to this baby. I probably wouldn't cooperate with a shotty investigation either.

I believe LE has reasons for doing what they are doing, I don't think they are searching in the same places just for lack of anything better to do, JMO. And I can't think of anything, anything at all, that would cause me not to cooperate with police, but again, JMO.

Excuse me, but if you were innocent, how would you know LE was wasting its time?

Everyone has a choice but they also shouldn't be surprised if their choice leads to criminal charges.

JMO

I think hiring a media advisor or even having a family member speak for them is the dumbest thing parents can do. Let police handle the media. That is what police spokesmen are trained to do.

JMO

If a case is becoming high profile, then I don't blame the parents for getting someone to help them deal with all the media. It's better than having dozens of media outlets calling the house. Erin Runnion, who was completely uninvolved in the murder of her daughter Samantha, had a media relations person.

In 2002 RMS was called to assist Erin Runnion following the kidnap and murder of her then nearly six-year-old daughter, Samantha Runnion. RMS was tasked with handling the media storm surrounding this highly-publicized incident. Following Samantha's death, media were hounding Erin to speak, in detail, about her daughter’s tragic death. Erin was overwhelmed and needed assistance to manage the deluge of media and offer counsel on which interviews to take and on which to pass. In addition, a front line of defense was needed when dealing with these editors to not only find out what the purpose/angle of the story, but to also establish boundaries with the press and determine what questions were off-limits.

Source: http://www.rms-biz.com/joyfulchild.html

Excuse me, but if you were innocent, how would you know LE was wasting its time?

Everyone has a choice but they also shouldn't be surprised if their choice leads to criminal charges.

JMO

Anybody who has criminal charges brought against them for "not cooperating with LE" can call me and I'll represent them for free. No one has an obligation to "cooperate with LE". You can sit there stone faced and refuse to answer any and every question, and you cannot be charged with a crime for that.

JMO

I would want everyone I know, and don't know, to be out looking for my baby...door to door. But, I'm also not one to sit back and wait patiently either. I'm one of those "do it yourself, so it's done right" kind of moms.

Curious here, I've read for awhile but not everything, can someone tell me if the FBI and the CART team has been called in? Not heard it mentioned yet.

Hi Peliman, in one of the articles today I read LE and Federal Investigators. I've read so many that I don't know if I can find it but there is one page that has a lot of info on it. I'll go see if I can find it if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I'm not ready to accuse or assume anything as far as the parents doing anything to their baby. It could be tempers flared and things went south. sts Think of how many parents get frustrated and angry when LE doesn't give them information on their missing child.

Do I need to make a list straight off WS. Spierer, Bobo, Drexler, etc, etc.

LE isn't always forthcoming with information to the family or the media as we well know. Maybe the family had been asking and getting no information, they had words, LE accused them of not being honest, said mom failed the LD. Maybe she wasn't forthcoming on something. If you show deception on any part of it they can say you failed it. What if she smoked a little before bed and lied about it.

Maybe they are putting pressure on the parents to be sure they aren't hiding anything. I don't know but I for one am stunned that LE held a news conference to make this kind of announcement. What was their motivation?

If they want everyone to look at the parents, they succeeded. Or were they jumping to discredit the parents before the parents talked to the press?

My big question, what if LE is wrong? I can think of a lot of things LE could hold a press conference for but this is not one of them. Unless they have some rock solid evidence in this case I believe they went overboard. Can you say testosterone?

I'm not so sure ego didn't get in the way of common sense. If they wanted the parents to cooperate this certainly wasn't the way to get it.

I think they all need to stop and realize who this is all about, LISA.

NOT THE PARENTS AND CERTAINLY NOT LE.

Why aren't we putting the LE spokesman to the same scrutiny as the parents. Body language, tone of voice, choice of words, truth, how they are handling the investigation, contradictory statements.

IMO until proven otherwise, the family are still victims and their baby is missing.

My prayers for baby Lisa, her parents, and LE.
MOO

Are you suggesting the LE spokesman was involved in Lisa's disappearance? Sorry, that's too far a leap for me to make. Until proven otherwise, I think the parents are still the focus, not the investigators.

JMO

Can I say that I suspect the mom in the disappearance of baby Lisa? Is that allowed?

I don't see a problem with that as long as you make it clear it is your opinion, and you don't go overboard bashing her or supporting your suspicions with rumors an hearsay. Otherwise, a theory built on facts reported by MSM is fine.

I think from watching the presser yesterday when the parents first spoke there was a de ja vu moment for me. When the dad was speaking, behind both parents, there was some man intensely watching the dad and listening. It reminded me of Haleigh's Cummings case when Ron spoke early on in front of a group of people and a Hardy was watching & listening to him intensly, like profiling parents.

They finally speak out and to me might just have helped the LE to determine their honesty. Who was it, Adrea Yates, that gave herself away with her first public announcement in front of the cameras?

If my child is missing no way in heck would I even do or say anything to step on the police toes. Yes I would ask a lot of questions but I know they have the resources I don't. Now the spokesperson said they want to find their child...great how are they going to do that when they stopped cooperating with LE? Are they rich to hire PI's? Just how are they going to find their daughter without LE? LE's job to investigate but now I bet the case gets assigned one detective instead of the entire force. Way to go PARENTS what a way to find your daughter /rant

Anybody who has criminal charges brought against them for "not cooperating with LE" can call me and I'll represent them for free. No one has an obligation to "cooperate with LE". You can sit there stone faced and refuse to answer any and every question, and you cannot be charged with a crime for that.

You're correct, no one can be forced to cooperate with LE. But these parents did cooperate and then stopped. Anything they have said can be used against them. There have been successful prosecutions without a body being recovered.

JMO

Are you suggesting the LE spokesman was involved in Lisa's disappearance? Sorry, that's too far a leap for me to make. Until proven otherwise, I think the parents are still the focus, not the investigators.

JMO
I don't think that's quite what she meant by that post, but I could be wrong. I've been wrong before! Once I thought I was wrong, but I was really right... :floorlaugh:

I think from watching the presser yesterday when the parents first spoke there was a de ja vu moment for me. When the dad was speaking, behind both parents, there was some man intensely watching the dad and listening. It reminded me of Haleigh's Cummings case when Ron spoke early on in front of a group of people and a Hardy was watching & listening to him intensly, like profiling parents.

They finally speak out and to me might just have helped the LE to determine their honesty. Who was it, Adrea Yates, that gave herself away with her first public announcement in front of the cameras?

You're thinking of Susan Smith? She didn't fail her poly but it was inconclusive and LE took it from there because she still spoke to them.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members