MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the alleged LE statement to mom "we have nothing" was actually followed by words such as "that indicates a stranger came into the house" or something like that. JMO

I have personally witnessed the baby outside with the family within a couple of days. I just don't remember which day, but it was VERY recently. Like I have said before, this family raises no red flags with their kids! I am still very neutral on if the family is involved or not, but these kids were outside playing very frequently and somebody in the family was out with them everytime that I noticed. They were happy, bubbly kids who by all appearances were very well taken care of.

Do/did they have a dog that you are aware of or noticed playing with the children? TIA

Some cable and satellite providers don't carry the smaller local affiliates. Better to go national and catch a larger audience. GMA is shown on KC's ABC channel. I think it was a efficient choice.

I didn't realize this station was a small local affiliate?

http://www.kmbc.com/index.html

Also, I live in an area where there is only 1 NBC, 1 CBS, 1 ABC, 1 Fox, & 1 CW affiliate. All cable & satellite providers carry each station.

curious ... could people here think of a list of 9 or 12 suspects in a disappearance of your child?

I'd be hard-pressed to think of one (in fact I can't think of anyone atm) so just wondering if others might want to weigh in on this ...

ITA and it makes me a little hinky of the dad. This is very odd IMO.

nursebeeme, thanks for the link. Indeed it was awesome. I like MF and his experience.

In the first place, you don't know that no one has accused them. From what I read, the cops as much as did so. Are you following the media reports? Did you see the Today show article and vid? In my view, it is fair to say they have been accused. And there's certainly a lot of people here accusing them, directly or indirectly...you could be said to be one of them, in a way.

Secondly, having a lawyer to advise you is never a bad thing, really, especially if you are innocent. Among other things, a lawyer might be able to tell them how far they can push LE, whether they have to accept LE's strategies, and what other kinds of things they can do on their own to help search for the child. A good lawyer can also help smooth communications, by providing a less emotional voice between the various parties.

There are some sleazy lawyers out there, no doubt. But it is very unfair and narrow minded to make blanket assertions that imply someone must be guilty if they hired a lawyer. I had a client once whose child was abducted (case got a lot of publicity, she was released unharmed at a mall the next day). I was one of the first people he called. His family were also 9/11 victims. Sometimes people just need some good help and advice.

I sincerely hope Lisa's family has someone such as yourself in their corner. I believe in their innocence at this point and I can't even begin to imagine the hell they are living right this very minute...the hell they will continue to live every day of their life until their baby is returned to them.

Thanks Mojen!
I have been doing searches, and the only thing I could find was a Channel 9 reporter update that a neighbor said her dogs didn't bark..or something to that effect. All the other text is forum chat.
I remember her being interviewed sitting in a chair outside, and the dogs barking at the reporters. I was trying to verify if they said she was a next door neighbor... that's what I remember at the time.
I have been doing a tremendous amount of channel surfing since Monday, so I could not remember what station I saw it on :waitasec:
Still couldn't find any video to back it up

I totally remember her sitting outside and them showing the dog (I only remember one). I, too, remember the next door neighbor thing!

I have been channel surfing big time watching this, but only 9 and 41. I saw it on a day channel 9 still had the 24 hour caption running at the bottom of the screen, so that must mean it was on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I do get the "protecting my butt" part of it, and I'm sure they were probably approached (never had to go looking), but my own butt would be backseat to my child---I have a faulty panic button anyway, so I can't imagine what I'd really do in those moments....

I'm curious the thinking behind "were probably approached"? Are you aware that there are ethical rules prohibiting lawyers from soliciting clients in that manner? Possible you are not aware of such rules, as they've only been in place for a couple of decades.

Does anyone else remember something very early on where the parents (I think mom) mentioned something to effect that the reason for the delay in contacting the police was because their cellphones were taken?

I feel certain I remember this, because at the time I thought, "we've never heard there was a delay in it being reported." We've heard dad arrived home around 4am and police were contacted shortly after.

I still wonder who called 911. Are the calls typically released? If it was a neighbor, I'm surprised they haven't spoken up by now.

When I got home from work yesterday, my dh also told me of the interview with the lady who said her dog went missing that night. He said the woman lived behind them and maybe over a door one way or another. The dog did return home at some point. In my mind, this is highly suspicious and indicates a likelyhood of a stranger passing thru the neighborhood. Often you can just let a dog out of his fence and he will happily run off rather than stay and bark at you. I was never able to locate the interview that he said had played during the day.

THANK YOU!!!! I felt like I was going crazy. :crazy:

Do we know if Dad always worked nights, in previous jobs? I know it took me years after my husband started working graveyard shift before I could feel comfortable falling asleep, alone in the house, and even now, many years later, my sleep is extremely light and any little sound wakes me up, from the fridge noises to any old creak from the house. Just wondering.

It was his first time ever to work at night.

Do we know for sure that little Pumpkin Pie (I love that nickname so much!) was put into a crib, in her own room, and remained there until the abduction?

In other words, do we know there was not another crib - such as in the parents' bedroom or in the computer room? Do we know that mom didn't at any point put Lisa into another crib in another room other than Lisa's own? (I had 2 cribs for my son - one large and one small in 2 different rooms.) Or bring Lisa into bed with her?

Mom checked Lisa at 10:30pm. Did she say what she did after that? Go take a bath? Read a book or watch TV? Go directly to her own bed and to sleep?

I'm just trying to get straight in my head what I'm assuming and what I've actually heard mom say.

She went to bed.

I didn't realize this station was a small local affiliate?

http://www.kmbc.com/index.html

Also, I live in an area where there is only 1 NBC, 1 CBS, 1 ABC, 1 Fox, & 1 CW affiliate. All cable & satellite providers carry each station.

Yes, it is the KC Metro area local ABC affiliate. I can understand limiting it to the national media as it would be nearly impossible to grant interviews to every single media outlet that wanted one. Every local affiliate has access to replay the interviews done with the national network so there is no real need to repeat those with the local ones. It would work back the other way too....national network could pick up reports from local.....but if you want to make SURE the news goes national, of course you would prioritize their requests. It just makes logical sense in terms of time and effort to do it the way they are.....trying to maximize coverage. The local stations aren't going to drop the story.....they'll just have to run clips instead of using their own reporters directly.

jmo

BBM.... very interesting to me....

"The main problem I think that we're facing is that everybody (else) has an alibi," Irwin said. "I was at work. I've been cleared. All these other people we were worried about ... the FBI said they've been cleared. The only one you can't clear is the mother that's at home when it happens `cause there's nobody else there."

http://ap.onlineathens.com/pstories/20111007/896530303.shtml

It was his first time ever to work at night.

Link please????? It has repeatedly been stated that it was just his first time at a new job LOCATION, not his first night job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nycissa