MO MO - Marie Beulah Mueller, 43, Frontenac, 5 Mar 1972

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did Marie have help caring for the children? I expect the cancer treatment was debilitating?

Did Marie or Donn have siblings?

Thank you for sharing with us. We're kind of nosy, but our intentions are good!

They did have a nanny to help with the children. I'm not sure what her schedule would have been at the time.

Marie was one of 13 kids and as far as I know Donn only had 1 brother.

Re: asking about Donn's brother.

There is a Delores Mueller interred in Maricopa County, Arizona. I wondered if the children spent time with an aunt & uncle in Arizona, and moved there as adults to be near these relatives?

Just trying to fit the pieces together.

Wonder if LE ever interviewed the nanny....

@Esta , can you tell us anything about Delores mentioned upthread? Was Donn a widower when he met Marie, or divorced?

Thanks so much!

I'll do my best to answer some of the questions that have popped up on this thread.

Donn, Marie and the two kids were all living at the home at the time she went missing. The children would have been ages 7 and 5 at the time.

You are spot on that the blonde hair was a wig. She had a number of wigs and wore them frequently.

According to a statement from Donn made to Marie's mother, she left with a set of keys to the house and the house alarm. He also said that she did not have her car keys. Obviously the truth may differ from what was stated. As for car type, she normally drove a Cadillac but I can't say for sure if that was her car at the time.

I have a photocopy of one of the fliers from the Frontenac police department with a date in April of 1972 so she was reported missing at least within a month. I'm still trying to piece together the timeline of events as best as possible.

Thank you Esta for answering our questions and for offering your to help us try and find Marie.
I have a question about the wigs. By any chance do you happen to know the color of her wig that she was last seen in? Did anyone remember. Thank you again xx

There is a Delores Mueller interred in Maricopa County, Arizona. I wondered if the children spent time with an aunt & uncle in Arizona, and moved there as adults to be near these relatives?

@Esta , can you tell us anything about Delores mentioned upthread? Was Donn a widower when he met Marie, or divorced?

Thanks so much!

I don't know much about his first wife but I'm fairly certain they divorced. I have a statement that indicates they may have dated again after Marie's disappearance but I really can't say for sure if this is true.

Thank you Esta for answering our questions and for offering your to help us try and find Marie.
I have a question about the wigs. By any chance do you happen to know the color of her wig that she was last seen in? Did anyone remember. Thank you again xx

Unfortunately we don't know anything about the day she went missing as far as clothing or any other effects.

I don't know much about his first wife but I'm fairly certain they divorced. I have a statement that indicates they may have dated again after Marie's disappearance but I really can't say for sure if this is true.

Unfortunately we don't know anything about the day she went missing as far as clothing or any other effects.

Do you think she actually went missing that day (Sunday, March 5, 1972) or is it possible she went missing sometime that weekend? Do you know if her husband related any details about where he was and what he was doing that weekend? Is there a report on file with the Frontenac, MO police department?

Surely they questioned her husband about the events of that weekend when a missing person report was filed.

TIA for any info you can provide.

Do you think she actually went missing that day (Sunday, March 5, 1972) or is it possible she went missing sometime that weekend? Do you know if her husband related any details about where he was and what he was doing that weekend? Is there a report on file with the Frontenac, MO police department?

Surely they questioned her husband about the events of that weekend when a missing person report was filed.

TIA for any info you can provide.

I think it is possible she went missing sometime that weekend but we just don't know. None of the family really has any details about what he said. There is a police report and the next step for me is to see if I can get a hold of her file. I've never done anything like that before so I'm not sure how to go about it.

I've attached the original flier from the Frontenac police department.

Attachments

• missingFlier.jpg
    missingFlier.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 33
Bran muffin a poster here had said they were going to submit a 'possible' UID that could be MBM. Did that happen and has a response been received from LE. I forget the name that was going to be submitted, it was several pages back, but people here seemed to think it was a good prospect.

I think it is possible she went missing sometime that weekend but we just don't know. None of the family really has any details about what he said. There is a police report and the next step for me is to see if I can get a hold of her file. I've never done anything like that before so I'm not sure how to go about it.

Interesting. The information in the flyer indicates the husband told police that she was "despondent" and that she may have a pistol of "unknown caliber" in her possession. Why wouldn't he know the caliber? We can assume the gun was one her husband owned or at least was in their home. He told police that she was suicidal, too.

The flyer is dated April 14, 1972, but her husband says she was missing since March 5. Why the long delay in reporting her missing? Didn't police ask about that? There's no mention of an automobile, so are we to assume she left her home on foot? With a husband, 2 children and a nanny, one would think someone was at the home when she left. Or did she disappear when everyone was gone from the home?

Text of flyer distributed by Frontenac Police

Name: Marie Beula Mueller
Alias: NEE Smith "SAM"
Auth: Frontenac Police Department

Subject is described as a Caucasian female, 43 years of age, 5' 5 1/2", 103 lbs., front teeth visibly bad, has appendectomy scar and also scar on extreme lower abdomen. Resides #2 Country Estates, Frontenac, Missouri.

Subject was reported missing by her husband, Dr. Donn W. Mueller. Subject has been missing since March 5, 1972.

Subject has been despondent and possesses possible suicidal tendencies. May have in her possession a pistol of unknown caliber.

Any information concerning the above subject should be directed to Captain A. H. Piotraschke or Patrolman E. E. Smith, DSN#4 of the Frontenac Police Department.

Area Code: 314 994-3200 or 432-8000

My notes:

1. Two adopted children, a girl age 7 and a boy, age 5, were living at the home at the time of her disappearance.
  2. Children had a nanny who looked after them
  3. Husband reported she was missing since Sunday, May 5, 1972.
  4. Left with a set of keys to the house and to the home security alarm
  5. Did not leave with keys to a car. Her car was a Cadillac.

Last edited:
Interesting. The information in the flyer indicates the husband told police that she was "despondent" and that she may have a pistol of "unknown caliber" in her possession. Why wouldn't he know the caliber? We can assume the gun was one her husband owned or at least was in their home. He told police that she was suicidal, too.

The flyer is dated April 14, 1972, but her husband says she was missing since March 5. Why the long delay in reporting her missing? Didn't police ask about that? There's no mention of an automobile, so are we to assume she left her home on foot? With a husband, 2 children and a nanny, one would think someone was at the home when she left. Or did she disappear when everyone was gone from the home?

Text of flyer distributed by Frontenac Police

Name: Marie Beula Mueller
Alias: NEE Smith "SAM"
Auth: Frontenac Police Department

Subject is described as a Caucasian female, 43 years of age, 5' 5 1/2", 103 lbs., front teeth visibly bad, has appendectomy scar and also scar on extreme lower abdomen. Resides #2 Country Estates, Frontenac, Missouri.

Subject was reported missing by her husband, Dr. Donn W. Mueller. Subject has been missing since March 5, 1972.

Subject has been despondent and possesses possible suicidal tendencies. May have in her possession a pistol of unknown caliber.

Any information concerning the above subject should be directed to Captain A. H. Piotraschke or Patrolman E. E. Smith, DSN#4 of the Frontenac Police Department.

Area Code: 314 994-3200 or 432-8000

My notes:

1. Two adopted children, a girl age 7 and a boy, age 5, were living at the home at the time of her disappearance.
  2. Children had a nanny who looked after them
  3. Husband reported she was missing since Sunday, May 5, 1972.
  4. Left with a set of keys to the house and to the home security alarm
  5. Did not leave with keys to a car. Her car was a Cadillac.
Ok, the flyer is very interesting: the date is 14 of April, 1972... that is more than a month after the supposed last sighting. Why so late? How did he justify this delay?
He mentioned Marie was despondent, had possible suicidal tendencies and may have had a weapon... However, all this information is not included on current reports (NamUs, for instance). Why? Do LE not believe anymore this version? If she owned a weapon, was it ever found?
My thoughts: Husband's properties should be checked thoroughly.

Thanks so much!
I am Donna Mueller, Donn and Marie's daughter. My brother and I are the adopted children of Donn and Marie. Marie's relatives have set all this up and put our mother's name all over the internet searching for her. I will say that a few years ago a detective from Frontenac PD called both of us to say they found the files that had been "missing" for years. They copied everything and gave them to us. After reviewing all the paperwork, we feel that our father was directly involved in her disappearance and feel confident that he murdered her in the home we grew up in. The police reports indicated that he may have doused her body with muriatic (pool) acid and with that info, we feel she will never be found. We know in our hearts and minds what really happened.
That said, no one has given two cares about us. Our mother's relatives and the Frontenac PD allowed us to be raised by a murderer. Why did no one care about US?

Ok, the flyer is very interesting: the date is 14 of April, 1972... that is more than a month after the supposed last sighting. Why so late? How did he justify this delay?
He mentioned Marie was despondent, had possible suicidal tendencies and may have had a weapon... However, all this information is not included on current reports (NamUs, for instance). Why? Do LE not believe anymore this version? If she owned a weapon, was it ever found?
My thoughts: Husband's properties should be checked thoroughly.
The property was thoroughly search in April 1972 by Frontenac PD who brought out cadaver dogs.

I can say for certain she did not have any suicidal tendencies.

I am Donna Mueller, Donn and Marie's daughter. My brother and I are the adopted children of Donn and Marie. Marie's relatives have set all this up and put our mother's name all over the internet searching for her. I will say that a few years ago a detective from Frontenac PD called both of us to say they found the files that had been "missing" for years. They copied everything and gave them to us. After reviewing all the paperwork, we feel that our father was directly involved in her disappearance and feel confident that he murdered her in the home we grew up in. The police reports indicated that he may have doused her body with muriatic (pool) acid and with that info, we feel she will never be found. We know in our hearts and minds what really happened.
That said, no one has given two cares about us. Our mother's relatives and the Frontenac PD allowed us to be raised by a murderer. Why did no one care about US?

Oh my, Donna, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad the Frontenac PD gave you more information about your mother's "disappearance", but its sad to hear of how she may have died at the hands of your father. Did the police search your home and find suspicious evidence relating to her disappearance? Based on the report, do you have an unanswered questions about her death? Is there anything we can do to help?

Oh my, Donna, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad the Frontenac PD gave you more information about your mother's "disappearance", but its sad to hear of how she may have died at the hands of your father. Did the police search your home and find suspicious evidence relating to her disappearance? Based on the report, do you have an unanswered questions about her death? Is there anything we can do to help?
Yes the police searched our home. Twice. Once with cadaver dogs. Did find that dad redid the entire garage and had a company help clean up his “mess”. I think we just want to know if dad did it on purpose or was it an accident.

Are you a relative of Marie?

@Laughing is another member of Websleuths who has followed Marie's case with the rest of us.

@Betty P is right, just an old genealogist hanging out at on Websleuths.

No intent to invade your privacy or your family's life, interested in justice for crime victims whether they have a thread here or not.

All my best to you & your brother, Laughing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unsloved387
Back