GUILTY MO - Mark, 61, & Shaun Staudte, 26, poisoned with antifreeze, Springfield, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate that religion is being brought into this, as if religion caused this woman to do this, or as if she is a religious person who was led astray or was a typical "Christian hypocrite."

Evil people find ways in this world to perpetuate their evil in as safe a way as possible. This woman obviously shrouded herself with her participation in the church to give her a "cover" for her evil doing. Who could ever suspect a good churchgoing woman of such a thing?

This same argument goes for the Catholic church...and the church itself fell for it. They viewed predatory priests as "fallen" when in fact, they were imposters. These were evil men who are sociopaths and who decided to enter into a profession that would allow them unquestioned access to their victims, an image of piety in the community, and ultimately "flawed" men who deserved a second chance. WRONG!!!

I can tell the world that I am a vegetarian, but secretly go home and eat steak every night for dinner. That doesn't mean that vegetarians are hypocrites. It simply means that I'm not a vegetarian-just a liar.

What compels me most about this story, however, is not this ruthless, psychopath of a woman, but that she was able to bring her own daughter in on the plot!!! I can't remember ever hearing of such a case! I really feel for the poor girl in the hospital who is not only very sick, but also must feel so betrayed. I also hope the other children (I understand one of the girls is very young still) will be cared for by loving family members or the people of their church. The people of the church are also victims here-victims of her lies. They seem sincere in their concerns for the young woman in the hospital, and it seems as though they will rally around the remaining girls.

Horrible, horrible people! How could you just go on about your daily life while your victims are slowly and painfully dying because of your actions?

I'm sure we'll soon hear about the suspects state of mind, depression, bi-polar, etc.

Hell, I'm a diabetic & have clinical depression, but I don't go around blaming my self-made problems on those conditions.
Hell in a handbasket, I tell ya

I don't get the mention of foxtrot though :confused:

Whoa, did you read the court documents at the link? She left her son dying to go to church.....found him dead when she returned home. Guess she considers herself a Christian!

English Standard Version (©2001)
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

There are any number of people who attend Christian churches who know good and well that not only are they not Christians but that they have no intention of ever being such. They attend for their own selfish purposes: Business contacts, obtaining the help of the church, making people look at them and think, "Nah, no way she killed her family...she went to church!"

One of the most disturbed (and disturbing) people I've ever known claimed that he was baptized and "once saved, always saved," and, therefore, could do whatever he wanted to do because he was "covered" and it would be forgiven. People can use anything and twist it for their own purposes. Unfortunately, it's these type people who others point to and say, "See! That's a Christian for ya!" They give all the good, decent Christians a bad name.

can you please paraphrase for those of us that do not have Facebook?

tia

She became the new clinical review supervisor at her work in mid-2012.

(I don't have FB either and was able to see it...wonder why?)

Not wanting to slur the religion or church is why I said the one she inserted herself into. Dennis Radar also used the church and quite a few other psychopaths.

The pressure on the daughter who was arrested must have been immense, to measure up to mommie dearests belief in perfection. I would not be surprised if she is anorexic and has other problems. It doesn't excuse what she did but I wonder how much of it was forced to keep her own life.....

I don't think that this has anything to do with Munchausen by proxy. She seemed to have liked the one daughter who is accused of helping her. And didn't like her husband, her son, or the daughter she is accused of poisoning. Son was mildly autistic (no job, I presume). Daughter graduated from college but wouldn't get a job. Husband was a musician-no high income, I presume.
She might have been simply getting rid of people who didn't live up to her expectations.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone see what denomination the woman was into? I'm not interested in knowing the name of an actual church, just what denomination she may have inserted herself into.
The church listed in the husband's obit is LCMS.

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) - Greene County prosecutors say they will seek the death penalty against a Springfield woman accused of killing her husband and son with antifreeze.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crim...t-in-springfield-antifreeze-killings/8088777/

Another article:

Diane Staudte appeared in court for a pre-trial conference Wednesday morning. A hearing on the motions filed Wednesday is set for 10:30 a.m. July 29.

Rachel Staudte is scheduled in court for a pre-trial conference on June 24. At this time, no notice of intent to seek the death penalty has been filed in her case.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/...-seeks-condition/60177/fgHkHzpxV0yq5E3ibzisqA

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/antif...nterviews-kept-out-of-trial/21048998_30140632

A woman accused of helping kill her father and brother by poisoning them with antifreeze in 2012 is trying to keep a jury from seeing and hearing interviews that she gave to police. Rachel Staudte was in court on Tuesday afternoon for a motion hearing as defense attorneys and prosecutors prepare for a trial that is scheduled for next March...

Rachel Staudte's mother, Diane Staudte, also is charged with the same murders and assault. At a separate hearing on Tuesday, Greene County Circuit Judge Tom Mountjoy scheduled Rachel Staudte's trial for next November.

If prosecutors get a first-degree murder conviction against Diane Staudte, they intend to seek a death penalty. If they get a first-degree murder conviction against Rachel Staudte, she will have to serve a life prison sentence without chance of parole.

I had forgotten what a horrid case this was (and let's face it, we see a lot of horrible cases here on WS). I just looked back on the FB posts of Diane (the mother) and she barely batted an eye when her husband and then her son died. (They warranted a post each...never to mentioned again.)

I am truly curious regarding what twisted influence Diane had on her daughter Rachel. This case truly shocks me. I am simply too naive, logical and "human" a person to ever understand a case like this.
:banghead:

http://ksn.com/2015/05/06/woman-pleads-guilty-to-killing-relatives-with-antifreeze/

Rachel Staudte, 24, on Tuesday pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and agreed to testify against her mother, Diane, in the April 2012 death of her father, Mark, and the September 2012 death of her brother, Shaun. Staudte, of Springfield, also admitted to one count of armed criminal action and one count of first-degree assault in the 2013 poisoning of her sister, Sarah, who survived.

Under the terms of the plea agreement, Staudte will serve two concurrent life sentences for the killings and a 20-year term for the other charges.

Her mother’s trial is scheduled for November and prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty.

Pastor told police parishioner might be poisoning her family

"...She has since been charged with killing her husband, Mark Staudte, and 26-year-old son, Shaun Staudte. Prosecutors say she slowly poisoned them with antifreeze. Authorities also believe she poisoned another daughter, Sarah Staudte, who became very ill but survived...

Greene County Prosecutor Dan Patterson said Mountjoy’s ruling on the motion to suppress evidence could come at any time, but he expects it will be fairly soon, given that Staudte is scheduled to go to trial in November..."

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...-parishioner-might-poisoning-family/71284438/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back