GUILTY MO - Nicholas, 35, & Justin Diemel, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My apologies, I forgot to ask if we have more than one video from Foster. Knowing me I could of missed something. In respect for your post and response. We all work together and ask questions. No ill intent in my post, I am just trying to piece this together with facts even though we all have opinions and assumptions. Thank You.

Besides the video, there are a number of phone interviews he did with Kansas, MO or Green Bay news stations. Some of the quotes are slightly different. IMO, the bottle/bucket feeding calves are a conclusion based on these statements including Foster who said "“Our arrangement was that I was going to purchase the calves,” Foster said. “He was going to feed and raise them and when they got to weaning weight we were going to sell them and split the profit.” So if the they were to be at weight about 5-6months and he entered the contract in November that mean that the calves would likely have been bottle or bucket feed. So this "conclusion" is just based on a mathematics calculation.

Last fall, Diemel Livestock advertised groups of 50 calves or more available weekly, 3-10 days old, bottle calves. So in MOO, the calves were likely bottle calves. But there has not been a quote by the news or document proof made public that this was the case.

With all the new information, and especially seeing the condition of the cattle that came from her farm, it seems pretty clear that momma's farm neglected and ultimately killed cattle which were entrusted to her care. There is NO excuse for this. Yes, Missouri farmers took a hit last year. Hay was high and the winter was long. But there is NO excuse to allow animals to deteriorate to this degree. If I couldn't have fed my cattle, I would have sold them (and many auction houses held special sales with enticing offers to bring in buyers from other states in an effort to keep prices reasonable so that their farmers didn't lose the farm). If I couldn't have fed someone else's cattle, I would have notified them so that they could make an informed decision about THEIR property. To sit back and watch animals deteriorate to this point and beyond ... and hide it and lie about it ... there is no excuse. Everyone in this home (where, it seems Joey himself did not live) saw this (and according to one article, momma says they all participated in animal care) and they should each pay the price (maybe not for the murders, but certainly for the animal neglect and abuse). She had a responsibility to the Diemels and others. If she has to sell everything she owns and spend her future cleaning toilets as a second job in order to prevent the Diemels from losing as much money as it sounds like they had entrusted in her care (according to Foster, it was enough to place the Diemel farm in financial jeopardy), well so be it. My rant ... My opinion.

I am confused. I wonder if Nelson agreed to raise ND cattle? Then sold them to Foster and again agreed to raise them.

newspressnow.com | St. Joseph news, sports, entertainment and business.

Nelson is known to do cattle business in the Midwest region. According to the Kansas City Star, a Kansas dairy farmer, David Foster, bought more than 100 cattle from Nelson in November.

Foster said the cattle were supposed to graze at Nelson’s farm, but the pair would share in the profit once they were sold. Foster said that Nelson only returned 35 of the cattle and that they were malnourished.

Was JN's farm in any condition to take on 100+ head of cattle to graze? Is it regular practice to ship cattle without checking facilities? Just a question from an outsider with a broken heart. Diemels are well loved & respected here in our area.
Traveled from WI to Montana last week. Cattlemen are aware and heartbroken of this case. Seems like a brotherhood IMO.

I would doubt if he ripped them out, removed them yes. Many farmers do for various reasons but in his case was because he didn't want them identified. After removing them the calfs ear is a lot like a piercing, the ear will grow back and hair will cover where it was. If it is ripped out the ear would have a slit just like an earring being ripped out. That would make it noticeable to the owners and potential buyers of the cattle.

Is this usual time frame? Seems like this case should move to top of list!!

We don't know the condition of the remains and if they were able to get viable DNA to test. Even if they did and were able to get confirmation, they might not release it immediately to the public. Their goal is to have enough evidence to be able to put together a case for trial and convict someone. Once the criminal complaint is released more info might be available through that.

I would doubt if he ripped them out, removed them yes. Many farmers do for various reasons but in his case was because he didn't want them identified. After removing them the calfs ear is a lot like a piercing, the ear will grow back and hair will cover where it was. If it is ripped out the ear would have a slit just like an earring being ripped out. That would make it noticeable to the owners and potential buyers of the cattle.

The USDA report linked upthread and in previous threads noted that calves from JN did not have ear tags and their ears were torn. They were also emaciated, underweight, and many had ringworm.

IMO, anyone with calves in this condition/deliberately lets them get this way would not be likely to humanely remove ear tags.

You may have a different opinion, as is your right.

The USDA inspector that visited Foster's farm, wrote in his report, "It is evident by the torn ears that the identification tags had been removed from several of the calves."

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned.

Tuesday at 10pm CST on Kansas City CBS Channel 5 there is suppose to be a Big Update on this case as far as evidence.

<modsnip - the info asked about is not permitted>

Has this been confirmed? I cannot find any info on it as I am not local to the Kansas City area. Is anyone willing to post a link if something is available?

I am local and do not have confirmation this will occur. But I do not watch local news that often. Not sure why KCTV5 would be the only ones reporting on this.

I am local and do not have confirmation this will occur. But I do not watch local news that often. Not sure why KCTV5 would be the only ones reporting on this.
Just an update and have spoken with local KCTV 5 personally. Not sure what will come out but what was said to me an update at 1000pm CST will be provided. As in all respect the local stations have been busy with a shooting at the legends area in Kansas City, Kansas today. Right outside my daughters place of work (Cerner). I understand. Keep your head down all and protect yourself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams
Back