Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this case, but haven't posted until now.

Its heart shattering anyone could be so callous, and evil. Yet we see these kind of murderers way too often.

Two beautiful young men who were hard working have had their lives destroyed, and that of their families, workers, and friends.

Imo, they came there fully expecting everything was okay, and he was tending to their cattle properly. Yet when arriving they instantly knew things were not as he had promised to do ...so to protect his own dark evil secrets he murdered both good men in cold blood imo.

I'm glad he has been arrested on other charges. That is just a prelude of what is to come.

What I fear most is the family may never have their bodies found so they can be brought home for the proper burial each brother deserves. They died together, and they should be properly buried side by side.

Wherever he put them there are so many ways where LE may find very little of their bodies if any at all. All they may find is possible small tiny pieces of what was once two vibrant young men.

So many in our society seem to have turned dark, and ugly, and will kill others in a heartbeat for their own personal greed, and to protect their own illegal deeds.

My prayers are with all the many who loved, and greatly admired both brothers. I know all of their hearts are shattered from their tremendous loss which will always leave a hole in their hearts than can't ever be filled.

Jmho

Maybe it’s already been discussed but I think it’s interesting that the employee who talked to one of the brothers at 11am said all was well still at that point. They were there for awhile before said phone call... strange that the murders would happen soon after, their interaction turned sour very quickly before JN went to dump the truck.

Hard to know because we don’t really know what was said or discussed-if this was a pre planned trip or a surprise visit-what they found in the 2 hours they were there-many pieces missing-Was Nelson the person who ran the farm or a hired hand? Did the brothers know of his past criminal activity with cattle theft and fraud? His friend said they were discussing the cattle situation so that doesn’t really mean everything was good-a situation could mean there were animals missing etc...If he was in the truck getting ready to leave at 11 and Nelson saw him on the phone maybe he thought he was calling the cops? Driving the truck around town doesn’t make much sense either- people from that town say they are stunned- who wouldn’t be- such a terribly sad situation
Press conference tomorrow at the high school maybe some of these questions will be answered

Investigators release minor details on Wisconsin brothers investigation, search continues for bodies

SABBM:
The team has been out here for four days working 12-14 hours per day,” Puett said. “We will remain here supporting as long as they need to finish the scene.”

“We’re working the pole barn and the area around it,” Puett said

He also said the Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office was charged with examining the brothers’ rental truck

Clinton Co. LE is getting a lot of help from neighboring LEAs, volunteer fire department personnel, etc. assisting them with the various aspects of their investigation.

It's always encouraging to see cooperative efforts like we do here.

JMO.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s already been discussed but I think it’s interesting that the employee who talked to one of the brothers at 11am said all was well still at that point. They were there for awhile before said phone call... strange that the murders would happen soon after, their interaction turned sour very quickly before JN went to dump the truck.
I think he was still trying to be a smooth talker and was stalling them. When he couldn’t weasel out of it, he chose murder. MOO

He didn't drive around town with it. He drove directly to the Holt junction where the truck was found. It is the correct amount of time to get there. He had to go through the town of Polo to get there. There is a 4 way stop with a bank there. That camera got him.
Oh ok that makes sense then ya think he would have known about the camera-makes ya wonder how he got home?

It appears as though JN was committing cattle fraud against the Diemel brothers. I’m sure there are others that were being ripped off as well. Investigators are going to be very busy with this case. I can’t imagine how the entire community must feel to have this happen. It’s tragic on so many levels. :(
I hope the FBI gets involved if this is the case. JMO.

Oh ok that makes sense then ya think he would have known about the camera-makes ya wonder how he got home?

I’m not sure he’s smart enough to have thought about the buildings along the route that would have cameras that would capture him driving along the road. Just reviewing his criminal history, along with watching the interview about his fraud case, he strikes me as arrogant, but not especially bright. He seems to think the rules/laws of society don’t apply to him.

I think he was still trying to be a smooth talker and was stalling them. When he couldn’t weasel out of it, he chose murder. MOO
Would that mean that he had a weapon at the ready? What was it? A handgun? I can't imagine him attacking them while they were in the car - there would be evidence left behind. How come that there isn't blood revealing where the atack started? Would tracking dogs detect it?

Investigators release minor details on Wisconsin brothers investigation, search continues for bodies

SABBM:
The team has been out here for four days working 12-14 hours per day,” Puett said. “We will remain here supporting as long as they need to finish the scene.”

He also said the Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office was charged with examining the brothers’ rental truck

Clinton Co. LE is getting a lot of help from neighboring LEAs, volunteer fire department personnel, etc. assisting them with the various aspects of their investigation.

JMO.

Pole barn and the area around it.
And calling it the scene: "as long as they need to finish the scene.”

SABBM:

JMO.

This news article quotes the Sheriff as saying remains have not been found but in listening to the interviews with the Sheriff, I thought he sidestepped that question, without ever directly answering it. I thought he deferred to Monday’s press conference. Anyone else hear him confirm one way or the other about finding remains?

Would that mean that he had a weapon at the ready? What was it? A handgun? I can't imagine him attacking them while they were in the car - there would be evidence left behind. How come that there isn't blood revealing where the atack started? Would tracking dogs detect it?

We don’t know yet what forensic evidence they may have yet, or whether dogs alerted in a location. There were earlier MSM reports of searches in the vicinity of the parking lot where the truck was found. I expect more information will be released Monday.

<modsnip - stating info as fact without links>
It does seem like they did everything in their power to work with farmers before taking them to court or seeking legal action against someone. In 2015, you can see that a farmer in Indiana owed them over $275k and they still did business with him, dropping off another load of cattle for $78k, getting $50k that day, and it wasn’t until he owed them over $300k and didn’t pay that they had to seek legal action.

It is just so sad that the ‘almighty dollar’ is what seems to have caused such terrible events.

Link to court documents from 2015/2016 where they had to seek legal action for Indian farmer below.

https://www.gipsa.usda.gov/psp/enforce/complaints/D-17-0012.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
This news article quotes the Sheriff as saying remains have not been found but in listening to the interviews with the Sheriff, I thought he sidestepped that question, without ever directly answering it. I thought he deferred to Monday’s press conference. Anyone else hear him confirm one way or the other about finding remains?
Well, the article states that so far they have been unsuccessful at finding any remains.

When I listened to the sheriff it sounded more like they had some type of evidence that points to him as a suspect and/or which leads them to believe the brothers are deceased, and they will explain in more detail tomorrow.

Of course that could have changed since then, but I would think it would be hard to keep it from the public if they find remains. Imo

Keep in mind the original crime was a non-violent crime. Those criminals do often get reduced time, parole, etc. it certainly appears the new crime is violent.

Posts from one of the Diemel’s employees on the missing person post from July 22nd, states that JN ‘invited them to pick up the money and see the rest of their cattle. Nick was extremely patient and always willing to work with someone if they fell on hard times. They had no ill intentions....’ it goes on to say that he (poster) did not care for the individual (JN). This was in response to someone naming the amount owed by JN to the Diemel brothers as $250k.

It does seem like they did everything in their power to work with farmers before taking them to court or seeking legal action against someone. In 2015, you can see that a farmer in Indiana owed them over $275k and they still did business with him, dropping off another load of cattle for $78k, getting $50k that day, and it wasn’t until he owed them over $300k and didn’t pay that they had to seek legal action.

It is just so sad that the ‘almighty dollar’ is what seems to have caused such terrible events.

Link to court documents from 2015/2016 where they had to seek legal action for Indian farmer below.

https://www.gipsa.usda.gov/psp/enforce/complaints/D-17-0012.pdf

This makes me so sad to read, thinking that these guys may have been giving JN a chance (I really can’t believe in the cattle community that his reputation isn’t known), working with him to allow him to pay off his debt, trying to do the right thing. I really hope they are able to build a solid case against JN. This whole thing is just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay