MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This pretty much sums it up for me.

#1 would be hard to believe if it were John Q. Idiot playing drunken games with his buddies. Factor in the fact that these were highly trained weapons professionals, supposedly sober, and I think we’ve got a better chance of being collectively struck by lightning while shooting baskets in the basement with a circus monkey.

Yes, I have a difficult time believing both officers abandoned their post and risked and punishment by superiors just so they could rush home to Hendren's apartment to drink a beer and play Russian Roulette.

I also don't understand how they got started on this alleged game of RR. Is that something people do when they're sober or do you have to be pretty drunk? They hadn't been at Hendren's apartment very long when he shot her, probably less than 30 minutes. It certainly didn't seem to be enough time to get drunk enough to play RR, unless they were shooting beers or drinking shots of hard liquor. Seems you wold need to do something to screw up your courage for that game.

Yes, I have a difficult time believing both officers abandoned their post and risked and punishment by superiors just so they could rush home to Hendren's apartment to drink a beer and play Russian Roulette.

I also don't understand how they got started on this alleged game of RR. Is that something people do when they're sober or do you have to be pretty drunk? They hadn't been at Hendren's apartment very long when he shot her, probably less than 30 minutes. It certainly didn't seem to be enough time to get drunk enough to play RR, unless they were shooting beers or drinking shots of hard liquor. Seems you wold need to do something to screw up your courage for that game.
It is stunning to me that on duty officers just leave their patrol area and just go hang out at their apartment, have a few beers. I wonder if this was something that they routinely did. I'd love to see the text messages between KA and NH in the hour or two before arriving at the apartment.
I seem to recall that the partner voluntarily took a blood alcohol test and it was nera 0. NH had to give a sample for the internal investigation but did not consent to give one for the DA and there was some interference by police and no warrant for a blood test was obtained. So we won't know what NH's BAC was. We should find out about KA, since it should be in the autopsy report.

Agreed. That's where I'm at with this case.

Which scenario seems more plausible:
1) On-duty male police officer shoots off-duty female officer dead playing game of Reverse Russian Roulette at his apartment during his shift.
2) Married female involved in an extramarital affair is shot dead by the boyfriend.

JMO.
Both could be true

I believe they were at the apartment much longer than 30 minutes. It was reported that they did NOT take the alarm call as reported earlier, but asked another unit to check on it. (i.e., they were already at apartment). MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06