Identified! MO - Pemiscot Co., WhtMale UP14552, 18-25, JH' tattoo, Jun'78 - James Hendricks

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, Rose! And thank you, June, for doing the interview. It warmed my heart to see all those pictures of your brother.

Thank you for the interview clip!
You have a lot of support here June.

Thanks, Rose! And thank you, June, for doing the interview. It warmed my heart to see all those pictures of your brother.
I wanted to be thier voice,they sure didn't deserve what ha to them. I'm so grateful and thankful for all of you and all the support.i love you all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wanted to be thier voice,they sure didn't deserve what ha to them. I'm so grateful and thankful for all of you and all the support.i love you all.

They surely didn't deserve it but I'm so thankful they're identified! I've followed their case a long time

They surely didn't deserve it but I'm so thankful they're identified! I've followed their case a long time
I ve been asked not to reveal names,but I have talked to a couple ppl who knew Kim it has helped us,in all of this.I am so grateful for this.In due time I'm sure it will be revealed.im respecting thier wishes,it's all fresh for them and I sure know what thier going through..Thank you again.Much love and respect to you and others.The ppl I talk to followed me from the news,and they were very humble in asking me if I was willing to talk to them.What a blessing.God does help us, in bringing ppl together.Im very grateful.

Thank you for the interview clip!
You have a lot of support here June.
Thank you for all you do.The support I've had is so appreciated and needed.Ive had the oppurnutity to talk to a couple ppl who ,has ask me ,not to reveal names or imfo at this time.I respect them.In time ,I'm sure it will get revealed.Alot of love for kim,from our conversation s.They heard of my brother,but didn't know him.So we are helping each other.Im very grateful.

There are comments from me on here I'm very grateful,thankful God gave me the strength to reveal and talk to reporters.i love all of you.One person I've talked to is so kind ,followed my comments and said I was a loving and kind person with a big heart.very touching.My brother was too,and Kim same.They were just young and in love,

Any new pics of jimmy....how is the case going towards possible motive for deaths??
So glad he has his name back!!!!!
I found photos of Jimmy,i found 1 of Jim n kim 77 Christmas Eve,photos from may 78 I.Just found them recently..It's more like they (photos) found me.I wasn't looking for them . Blessed,Taking 1 day at a time.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

I found photos of Jimmy,i found 1 of Jim n kim 77 Christmas Eve,photos from may 78 I.Just found them recently..It's more like they (photos) found me.I wasn't looking for them . Blessed,Taking 1 day at a time.

I love when something finds you. I've had it happen a lot.

Did you have any signs from Jimmy or Kim over the years that they were deceased?

I love when something finds you. I've had it happen a lot.

Did you have any signs from Jimmy or Kim over the years that they were deceased?
No, and yes.My brother and I were very close.After the first and last time he called me,i held onto hope.Alot ran through my mind.It was a long time of hope confusion.So much crossed my mind.One thought was Mexico prison,one was he's protecting his loved ones from something.I tried and tried to find any one someone who knew kim.I didn't know if she had came back to mi,that she may know something.Every thought or hope I held onto,I could never get any where with .My heart didn't want to accept the worse ,I knew if Jimmy could he would find me.The last few years,I told myself they were murdered and thrown off a mountain ,never to be found.I told myself we would meet again when my life here was done.Thats how I coped for all these years.I would hold a sweater he got for me,at Christmas time in 77,look up in heaven and say where are you where are you two,What happened,I did this often.Then I'd put sweater back,i did this many times.I still have the sweater ,and to be honest I dk where it's at,i know I have it.It will reappear ,when God decides it's time and I'm ready.Thank you

I've got questions if anyone here can help me.I was told my brother Jimmy was buried in cutherzville Missouri little prairie ,I called today to find out regulations on head stone.The guy said he has a John Doe from 82.I was told by person on his case that's where he's buried.i know he's a busy man and don't want to bother him .And now I dk where.

I've got questions if anyone here can help me.I was told my brother Jimmy was buried in cutherzville Missouri little prairie ,I called today to find out regulations on head stone.The guy said he has a John Doe from 82.I was told by person on his case that's where he's buried.i know he's a busy man and don't want to bother him .And now I dk where.

I wonder if someone reading this thread has a newspapers.com account to see if there's an article on his burial

I wonder if someone reading this thread has a newspapers.com account to see if there's an article on his burial

I have an account and will look up what I can. Can you give me suggestions for search terms. I'm not too familiar with this case but assume he was still unidentified when buried.

ETA: Here's a link to Little Prairie Cemetery in Caruthersville, MO

https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/29867/little-prairie-cemetery

Also, if it helps, my family recently had a memorial stone (cenotaph) placed at my gr-grandparents grave (it was a smaller stone placed at the foot of their graves). The stone was for my gr-father, their son, who disappeared in the 1930's and was rumored to have been murdered. When I talked to the cemetery, they were very helpful. They said as long as we were family members of the people who were already buried there, it was considered our property and we were free to put another stone there.

Since she's a relative of James Hendricks, the cemetery shouldn't object to having a stone placed there. She would need to check on the regulations of the cemetery for the size and type of stone. Contact the local monument company and they will be familiar with what she needs and what the cemetery wants. The cemetery should have the location for James grave in their records.

https://www.yellowpages.com/caruthersville-mo/mip/little-prairie-cemetery-536092084

Here are YP listings for local monument companies. Looks like the closest are in Dyersburg, TN or Memphis.

https://www.yellowpages.com/search-map/caruthersville-mo/monuments

I have an account and will look up what I can. Can you give me suggestions for search terms. I'm not too familiar with this case but assume he was still unidentified when buried.

ETA: Here's a link to Little Prairie Cemetery in Caruthersville, MO

https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/29867/little-prairie-cemetery

Also, if it helps, my family recently had a memorial stone (cenotaph) placed at my gr-grandparents grave (it was a smaller stone placed at the foot of their graves). The stone was for my gr-father, their son, who disappeared in the 1930's and was rumored to have been murdered. When I talked to the cemetery, they were very helpful. They said as long as we were family members of the people who were already buried there, it was considered our property and we were free to put another stone there.

Since she's a relative of James Hendricks, the cemetery shouldn't object to having a stone placed there. She would need to check on the regulations of the cemetery for the size and type of stone. Contact the local monument company and they will be familiar with what she needs and what the cemetery wants. The cemetery should have the location for James grave in their records.

https://www.yellowpages.com/caruthersville-mo/mip/little-prairie-cemetery-536092084

Here are YP listings for local monument companies. Looks like the closest are in Dyersburg, TN or Memphis.

https://www.yellowpages.com/search-map/caruthersville-mo/monuments

Try Pemiscot county John Doe 1978. The cemetery is saying he's not buried there. That's why I suggested news articles to see if it was covered that someone donated services to see where.

Thanks for any help you can give her.

Try Pemiscot county John Doe 1978. The cemetery is saying he's not buried there. That's why I suggested news articles to see if it was covered that someone donated services to see where.

Thanks for any help you can give her.

I found an article in the Springfield Leader Press from 29 Jun 1978. It stated the woman had already been buried, didn't say where, but assume in Pemiscot County. Mike Hazel, prosecuting attorney of Pemiscot Co, asked for a week's extension for burial of the man. He said his body would be photographed and the photo sent to a Missouri newspaper artist who would create a sketch and distribute it

https://www.newspapers.com/image/307623201/?terms=pemiscot+county+burial

That's all I can find so far. There was no local paper in Caruthersville or Pemiscot County in newspapers.com. Nothing in Dyersburg paper, either.

It might help to contact the local funeral homes. They do keep records of cemetery burials as, obviously, they don't want to bury someone in an old grave. I learned this when I took a class in genealogy and have had good results when contacting local funeral homes in my own research. Funeral homes would know which locations coroners use for burying unidentified and indigent people.

I'll keep looking. I noticed the Cape Girardeau newspapers aren't archived at newspapers.com. They may also have a news item if you can find their archives. I went to college in Cape Girardeau and had a lot of friends who lived in SE MO. This happened a year after I graduated, sad to say.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scarletlox
Back