Identified! MO - Pemiscot Co., WhtMale UP14552, 18-25, JH' tattoo, Jun'78 - James Hendricks

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've got questions if anyone here can help me.I was told my brother Jimmy was buried in cutherzville Missouri little prairie ,I called today to find out regulations on head stone.The guy said he has a John Doe from 82.I was told by person on his case that's where he's buried.i know he's a busy man and don't want to bother him .And now I dk where.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Is it possible Jimmy's body was held 4 years before they buried him?

If not I wonder if the 82 John Doe is in NamUs. Your brother wasn't. We've gotten a lot of people added.

If not I wonder if the 82 John Doe is in NamUs. Your brother wasn't. We've gotten a lot of people added.

I was wondering the same after reading the article. I kind of doubt it as the article said the county prosecutor had to ask the court permission to delay burial another week or so while they took photos for sketches. I wonder if the information would be in court records down there?

Also, was the county sheriff of any help? I'd be happy to make a call for her if needed, but they probably only share that information with next of kin.

I was wondering the same after reading the article. I kind of doubt it as the article said the county prosecutor had to ask the court permission to delay burial another week or so while they took photos for sketches. I wonder if the information would be in court records down there?

Also, was the county sheriff of any help? I'd be happy to make a call for her if needed, but they probably only share that information with next of kin.
In the very beginning,when I found out of murder,i was told where he was.I have no idea where I wrote it down.Now the other who is on case,was helpful,but I have 2 story's.Little prairie says male 1982 John Doe.Detective said he knows where Jimmy is,and to notify him when I'm going down.He will take me there.I was also told I could do what ever I wanted with head stone.Little prairie says that's not so.I guess I'll wait for a couple weeks and call him back detective.I know he is very busy ,and it's not just Jimmy's case.Im just confused on this.The man at cemetery didn't say any more of John Doe 1982.He did say he thinks he recalls the detective or what ever his profession is called,I call him detective.that he did call and was told the same as me.I might be able to find his email.,and email my question.If not. I'll give it some more time.I may be hearing from him.Thank you.

Maybe I could try that,county prosecutor.Which one would I call.Do you know?.I also ask Mr. At little prairie if 1982 could be Jimmy.He didnt seem to think so.

Maybe I could try that,county prosecutor.Which one would I call.Do you know?.I also ask Mr. At little prairie if 1982 could be Jimmy.He didnt seem to think so.

The detective just said to let him know when I'm ready to go and he would take me there,but I want to give him a head stone.Im dumb founded.

I couldn't find a John Doe in NamUs found in 1982, and 5 before 1982, not including Jimmy's because his is no longer in NamUs.
Either it's him and someone is mistaken or we have another John Doe out there.
Remember there was a flood and some of the records were destroyed? Would that be cause for exhumation and reburial? I can't remember the date of the flood.

I couldn't find a John Doe in NamUs found in 1982, and 5 before 1982, not including Jimmy's because his is no longer in NamUs.
Either it's him and someone is mistaken or we have another John Doe out there.
Remember there was a flood and some of the records were destroyed? Would that be cause for exhumation and reburial? I can't remember the date of the flood.
That's possible.I can Probally search. In saved items and find out when the flood was.ty

That's possible.I can Probally search. In saved items and find out when the flood was.ty

June, if it turns out that the 1982 John Doe isn't Jimmy, will you please let us know so we can research the case? Thank you.

June, if it turns out that the 1982 John Doe isn't Jimmy, will you please let us know so we can research the case? Thank you.
Yes I will let. You know .So far I don't have any answers. I'm waiting on email.

I have an account and will look up what I can. Can you give me suggestions for search terms. I'm not too familiar with this case but assume he was still unidentified when buried.

ETA: Here's a link to Little Prairie Cemetery in Caruthersville, MO

https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/29867/little-prairie-cemetery

Also, if it helps, my family recently had a memorial stone (cenotaph) placed at my gr-grandparents grave (it was a smaller stone placed at the foot of their graves). The stone was for my gr-father, their son, who disappeared in the 1930's and was rumored to have been murdered. When I talked to the cemetery, they were very helpful. They said as long as we were family members of the people who were already buried there, it was considered our property and we were free to put another stone there.

Since she's a relative of James Hendricks, the cemetery shouldn't object to having a stone placed there. She would need to check on the regulations of the cemetery for the size and type of stone. Contact the local monument company and they will be familiar with what she needs and what the cemetery wants. The cemetery should have the location for James grave in their records.

https://www.yellowpages.com/caruthersville-mo/mip/little-prairie-cemetery-536092084

Here are YP listings for local monument companies. Looks like the closest are in Dyersburg, TN or Memphis.

https://www.yellowpages.com/search-map/caruthersville-mo/monuments
I called little prairie and they say 1982 is the only John Doe ,I just had a thought maybe someone put a name on his grave, I'm not at home so I'll call tomorrow but .When he was buried he had no name.His date of murder was june 17 1978 Prescott missuri

I have an account and will look up what I can. Can you give me suggestions for search terms. I'm not too familiar with this case but assume he was still unidentified when buried.

ETA: Here's a link to Little Prairie Cemetery in Caruthersville, MO

https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/29867/little-prairie-cemetery

Also, if it helps, my family recently had a memorial stone (cenotaph) placed at my gr-grandparents grave (it was a smaller stone placed at the foot of their graves). The stone was for my gr-father, their son, who disappeared in the 1930's and was rumored to have been murdered. When I talked to the cemetery, they were very helpful. They said as long as we were family members of the people who were already buried there, it was considered our property and we were free to put another stone there.

Since she's a relative of James Hendricks, the cemetery shouldn't object to having a stone placed there. She would need to check on the regulations of the cemetery for the size and type of stone. Contact the local monument company and they will be familiar with what she needs and what the cemetery wants. The cemetery should have the location for James grave in their records.

https://www.yellowpages.com/caruthersville-mo/mip/little-prairie-cemetery-536092084

Here are YP listings for local monument companies. Looks like the closest are in Dyersburg, TN or Memphis.

https://www.yellowpages.com/search-map/caruthersville-mo/monuments
I have done this.i was told white or whiter head stone they are sending me brochure but I still don't know where he's buried.I was told little prairie,i called and they claim they don't have him there.

I have done this.i was told white or whiter head stone they are sending me brochure but I still don't know where he's buried.I was told little prairie,i called and they claim they don't have him there.

Is there any way you can have the detective meet the cemetery caretakers and show them where Jimmy is?

Has law enforcement re opened this case?
So glad this couple was identified but what about their killer (s)??

How are you making out June? We're you able to find where they're buried?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back