Identified! MO - Phelps Co., WhtFem, 25-35, along I-44, dark blue hair, Oct'16 - Brandy Steinke

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Something else that has occurred to me within the last few hours, since I learned that the person who claims to have fed our Jane Doe, and whose name I am leaving out of all future posts, simply said that they served her food. Nothing was mentioned about a restaurant. Well, their profile also mentions nothing about working at a restaurant, and only lists being a parent as their occupation. By no means is it conclusive, but it does leave open the possibility that our Jane Doe was fed at this person's house. Since Jane Doe had a possible history of traveling around, given the post in Wyoming, it would seem to me that it would be somewhat credible that she was fed in this person's home. That's significant given the fact that this person is not revealing Jane Doe's name, and while it is possible that they would not have learned it if the encounter happened at a restaurant, this person would certainly know her name if it was at their home. That makes it very fishy that they haven't come forward and identified her. As I said, this is by no means a definite that this is what happened, but it is a possibility, and it's all the more reason that the police should question this individual. I also read either in a post here, on the Phelps County sheriff's Facebook page, or on Investigation Discovery's page that somebody noted there was no blood or bruising on the body, so the possibility is there that Jane Doe was poisoned, especially since somebody claims to have fed her. It's something to think about.

There are a few truck stops in Cuba, MO
Midwest Truckstop
Dotties Family Rest
Voss truck port

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ROLLA, Mo. Phelps County authorities have identified the woman found dead along Interstate 44 last weekend.

The Sheriff’s Office reports the woman was Brandy R. Steinke, 27, of Venus, Tex.

Brandy's picture and this article can be found at: http://www.ky3.com/content/news/396298271.html

The woman’s lifeless body was found early Saturday morning on the side of the westbound lanes of Interstate 44 near mile marker 171.

Investigators released several photos of tattoos on Steinke’s body earlier this week, but have not said how they were able to identify her. Investigators have not said how Steinke died.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Phelps County Sheriff’s Department Criminal Investigations Unit at (573) 426-3860 or the Missouri State Highway Patrol Division of Drug and Crime Control at (573) 368-2345.

ROLLA, Mo. Phelps County authorities have identified the woman found dead along Interstate 44 last weekend.

The Sheriff’s Office reports the woman was Brandy R. Steinke, 27, of Venus, Tex.

Brandy's picture and this article can be found at: http://www.ky3.com/content/news/396298271.html

The woman’s lifeless body was found early Saturday morning on the side of the westbound lanes of Interstate 44 near mile marker 171.

Investigators released several photos of tattoos on Steinke’s body earlier this week, but have not said how they were able to identify her. Investigators have not said how Steinke died.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Phelps County Sheriff’s Department Criminal Investigations Unit at (573) 426-3860 or the Missouri State Highway Patrol Division of Drug and Crime Control at (573) 368-2345.

RIP Brandy. :rose:

If you were murdered I pray there is justice.

Thank goodness she has been identified. My heart and my prayers go out to the family left behind.

For those of you who may not have read Websleuths Terms of Service, or for those who appear to have forgotten, we do NOT sleuth the FB accounts of friends and family, and we do NOT bring comments over from their social media accounts.

from Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

If there is something you do not understand about the above Rules, please contact a Mod or Admin through a private message.

So she recently was married to AB. Is he also missing?

Any info we have on that right now is all rumor on SM and can't be discussed here, unfortunately.

I'm glad she has been identified. She looks very thin in her latest pictures, on her fb. I do wonder if maybe she od? Or something.
RIP Brandy.

All MOO!

Any info we have on that right now is all rumor on SM and can't be discussed here, unfortunately.

It is publicly stated on her FB that she was married to him (I realize we haven't confirmed that with a marriage record ). I'll take it as a no that there is a MP report for him then...

It is publicly stated on her FB that she was married to him (I realize we haven't confirmed that with a marriage record ). I'll take it as a no that there is a MP report for him then...

I meant about the possible missing part, yes.

This is the closest I can find in the press so far:
Lisenbe says Steinke's family has been notified. His detectives are waiting for official autopsy results on her cause of death. Family members identified a person of interest with whom she may have been traveling.
http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/body-found-along-i-44-idd-as-texas-woman

Reading between the lines, it does seem like her family suspects him. Nothing official. Still no cause of death.

For those of you who may not have read Websleuths Terms of Service, or for those who appear to have forgotten, we do NOT sleuth the FB accounts of friends and family, and we do NOT bring comments over from their social media accounts.

from Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

If there is something you do not understand about the above Rules, please contact a Mod or Admin through a private message.

Sorry about that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back