MO MO - Phoenix Coldon, 23, St. Louis County, 18 Dec 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really hope Phoenix is found soon, it must be terrible for her family and friends just not to have any answers for so long.

It is the "not knowing" that is the killer for the family and friends. Our imagination is so much worse than reality sometimes and that is what kills you. I would think that leaving a car in the middle of a street running would be a huge red flag to cops, but maybe they just assumed it was stolen and dropped the ball. But you can also assume that she left it that way to make sure they thought she was kidnapped and this way if she never came back, they would just think she was gone, but not of her own will and that would be less hurtful to them. At 18 that would seem less hurtful than to just run away and not tell them. But no matter what happened to her, the family needs to know. There is a thread here on Morgan Martin and she is mixed race and she just vanished, no trace, and nothing is really in the papers, no press, just silence. Mom does her best to use FB but she is heart broken. So sad. Hope both families get some answers.

... I would think that leaving a car in the middle of a street running would be a huge red flag to cops, but maybe they just assumed it was stolen and dropped the ball. But you can also assume that she left it that way to make sure they thought she was kidnapped and this way if she never came back, they would just think she was gone, but not of her own will and that would be less hurtful to them. ... There is a thread here on Morgan Martin and she is mixed race and she just vanished, no trace, and nothing is really in the papers, no press, just silence. ....

Quick info to save any curious person some time.

Re Morgan Martin
1) She met a 25 year old guy on Facebook when she was 16.
2) She got pregnant.
3) She stepped outside her house to tell the father that the child was a girl.
4) That was the last time she was seen.
5) The father of the unborn child then claimed he did not know who she was, then later that he had met her in a club.
6) The last cell phone call from her phone was 40 miles away.

Phoenix Caldon's car was a 98 Blazer, probably worth a few thousand dollars.
Stacey English a 2006 Volvo worth quite a bit more.

In the cases of the two who might still be alive, the last person each spoke to on the phone knows more than the public.

Quick info to save any curious person some time.

Re Morgan Martin
1) She met a 25 year old guy on Facebook when she was 16.
2) She got pregnant.
3) She stepped outside her house to tell the father that the child was a girl.
4) That was the last time she was seen.
5) The father of the unborn child then claimed he did not know who she was, then later that he had met her in a club.
6) The last cell phone call from her phone was 40 miles away.

Phoenix Caldon's car was a 98 Blazer, probably worth a few thousand dollars.
Stacey English a 2006 Volvo worth quite a bit more.

In the cases of the two who might still be alive, the last person each spoke to on the phone knows more than the public.

thanks I didn't do a link to Morgan and I should have. It is just so sad that after awhile people forget and the parents never do. I have a few thoughts on Morgan's case, but I don't think she left on her own. I do think it could be possible that Phoenix did, but after all this time, I would hope she would contact them to ease the pain. IJDK. On one hand you could have hope but on the other hand...well it is unthinkable for a parent.

Family of missing woman: Police aren't trying to find last person to see her

The family of woman who has been missing since December say they are frustrated that police have not tried to find a man who may have been the last person to see her.

More: http://www.bnd.com/2012/03/17/2103670/family-turns-up-heat-in-search.htm

This is what I want to know about!!! Is it a miss print? Because I've never seen information about another car in her driveway – ever – except in this article.

And I'm not ready to write off a connection to the previous PO I in Stacy English's case either. The similarities are eerie- there are peripheral connections between the two women and this man, and I just don't like him from what I see.

Family of missing woman: Police aren't trying to find last person to see her

The family of woman who has been missing since December say they are frustrated that police have not tried to find a man who may have been the last person to have seen her.

More: http://www.bnd.com/2012/03/17/2103670/family-turns-up-heat-in-search.htm

This is what I want to know about!!! Is it a miss print? Because I've never seen information about another car in her driveway – ever – except in this article...
RSBM.
Wait...WTH?! This changes EVERYTHING. Was this article completely incorrect?
I've always wondered about Phoenix and look for updates in her case periodically. But I've never read this.
So her mom basically saw her in the truck with one possible kidnapper, while more possible kidnappers were parked behind her?? (Not questioning the actions of Phoenix's mom here, her parents have dedicated everything to finding her.)
Why wasn't this included in the Find Our Missing show or the Huffington Post articles?

Sorry-the article is at the link I provided?

The article is not available on the internet, at least not to me. The page says "Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the page you have requested. This could be due to content on our site having expired, a broken link, an outdated bookmark, or a mistyped address. Please use the site map provided on this page."

Possible that the information is suppressed in some areas, the server that hosts the site can do that.

Trying to view it through two different proxies also not viewable. You can view the article? What country are you in?

The article is only at http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/3027-missing-woman-phoenix-coldon-mo-12182011/

The article is not available on the internet, at least not to me. The page says "Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the page you have requested. This could be due to content on our site having expired, a broken link, an outdated bookmark, or a mistyped address. Please use the site map provided on this page."

Possible that the information is suppressed in some areas, the server that hosts the site can do that.

Trying to view it through two different proxies also not viewable. You can view the article? What country are you in?

The article is only at http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/3027-missing-woman-phoenix-coldon-mo-12182011/

I'm in USA. The lack of information on this case baffles me. No one has once named the boyfriend she was living with? The strange information in the above article, which is never included when Phoenix's mom speaks of that day in the driveway. The thin but imo strong ties to the guy who was once named a poi in Stacey English's death.

http://www.bnd.com/2012/03/17/2103670/family-turns-up-heat-in-search.html

A hunter green four-door sedan sat right behind her black truck. A black male with a medium complexion and dreadlocks, wearing a black skull cap pulled to a point in the front, sat in the driver's seat of Phoenix's truck.

Some people were sitting in the green car that the family thinks belongs to the man who was in Phoenix's truck

Coldon said she is putting out the description of the person that the family has learned about in hopes that someone may be able to help identify him.

"This is a new lead that we have developed," she said.

I don't understand this statement. Goldia Coldon has said all along that she saw Phoenix talking on her phone in the truck, hasn't she? So why didn't she see this vehicle or person? And says "putting out the description of the person" "that the family has learned about"...huh?

So was the car there or not? Where did this description come from? Why leave it out of *every* mention of the circumstances of that afternoon?

Not trying to be mean, but nothing will move forward if family is leaving out information, no matter the reasons.

http://www.bnd.com/2012/03/17/2103670/family-turns-up-heat-in-search.html

Coldon said she is putting out the description of the person that the family has learned about in hopes that someone may be able to help identify him.

"This is a new lead that we have developed," she said.

Remember that the article was written by a reporter. Most of the discrepancies can be explained as poor reporting. So what is the reality behind the poorly written article?

Maybe
1) The information is accurate as is, was given to police, the police asked the family not to mention it publicly and the family respected that request for a time.
or
2) Maybe someone with a grudge against a medium complected black person with dreadlocks conned the mother into adapting that into the story, sort of like swatting.
or
Some other explanation.

Is the article you linked visible to you? If it is then it suggests it is only visible in certain areas.

I used to read a newsy offbeat site called whatreallyhappened that linked to a lot of fringe sites. The place I lived at the time though prevented people from viewing some sites that were perceived as anti government. So a lot of the links had to be viewed through proxies. America is becoming more and more like the Soviet Union. And the justification is almost always some variation of helping people, reducing crime etc. If you can view the webpage that you linked then my guess is it might be part of a charade involving the case. Is the website visible to you?

My initial theory was that RK was involved with Stacey & Phoenix disappearance and that Phoenix body would be found somewhere between St Louis and Atlanta.

Now I just don't know. I can't believe that this case is still unsolved, I can't believe Phoenix has never been found. I can't believe that 3 years later we are still on thread 1 and only to page 7.

My thoughts and prayers are with Phoenix and her family. I wish I knew something that would solve this case.

My initial theory was that RK was involved with Stacey & Phoenix disappearance and that Phoenix body would be found somewhere between St Louis and Atlanta.

But if she was abducted 'to be killed', in other words if someone lured her to that spot and the intention was murder then the river is too close to ignore. Why would they take her somewhere else?

The most important piece of evidence so far seems to be Stacey English's body, it's location, etc. If there is anything at all suspicious it would link the two cases. If it was a suicide then a link would be harder to find, if there is one.

At any rate since there doesn't seem to be any forward movement it seems like the next step might be to search the river. If she committed suicide there, unlikely, her body would have likely sunk first since she was thin, then come back to the surface after a while. Since it is a crowded waterway that seems unlikely to have happened. But if she were killed there maybe the body could have been weighted down. It seems very unlikely but a lot of the cases discussed on this website seem to end up with a dead person in the water.

Anyway, some related links.

----
http://archive.org/stream/illio1997104univ/illio1997104univ_djvu.txt
Fishermen found parts of Karyn Slover, 23, of Decatur in plastic bags three days after she left work and was reported missing. Seven months later no one was arrested at that time in connection with her slaying. Slover was seen leaving her job at about 5:05 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 27. She was driving her boyfriend's car. The car was found almost four hours later, with the engine running, along Interstate 72. Her purse was empty and her phone was missing. Her body parts were found in Lake Shelbyville, 40 miles away from where the car was left running.

----

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/18/phoenix-coldon-missing_n_1432683.html
Goldia Coldon said there also is a similar case in St. Louis.

"A young lady (was) snatched out of a car in East St. Louis a few years ago, while at a stoplight. They left her car running in the road and took her to a house in Illinois where a group of guys drugged, beat and raped her," Coldon said. "They wanted her to work as a prostitute for them. She waited until she was left with just one of her captors. He passed out from drinking and she managed to escape. The circumstances -- the running car in the street -- are very similar."

----

Note that although the Sliver case was "solved", there are many questions about whether the police solved it correctly.

The Innocence Project got involved in some way http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Karyn_Hearn_Slover

It certainly looks like statistically there is a high probability that all three cases are related and that the police arrested the wrong person. It's almost a daily feature of news sites now. If you go to the nydailynews site almost every day you see 1) Innocence Person Freed After Decades in Prison and 2) Kim Kardashian Considering Additional Butt Implants or Collagen Injections.

Maybe the most productive path for the Phoenix Cold on case would be to look at forensics in the Sliver case, commited probably less carefully if by the same person.

"The group requested that the fingerprint found at the Lake Shelbyville bridge be tested as evidence, but the move was rejected in 2010 by Assistant Circuit Court Judge Timothy Steadman,[18] who stated: "Because the latent print is not suitable for the requested testing, there is no potential to produce new evidence materially relevant to the defendants' assertion of actual innocence".[19]"

More links. If you search on Yahoo for "with the engine running" + abduction most of the links are in the same part of the country
http://www.z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t4197.htm
http://www.hngn.com/articles/38764/20140811/michigan-teen.htm

Now I just don't know. I can't believe that this case is still unsolved, I can't believe Phoenix has never been found. I can't believe that 3 years later we are still on thread 1 and only to page 7.

ITA. This is atrocious.

Remember that the article was written by a reporter. Most of the discrepancies can be explained as poor reporting. So what is the reality behind the poorly written article?

Maybe
1) The information is accurate as is, was given to police, the police asked the family not to mention it publicly and the family respected that request for a time.
or...
RSPM
Maybe, but there's been no movement on this case in a long time. At some point wouldn't you go public, regardless of LE's requests? I mean this is one article from 2012. Get this info out there!
...The place I lived at the time though prevented people from viewing some sites that were perceived as anti government. So a lot of the links had to be viewed through proxies...
RSBM
I had no idea this was going on. In the US? Where did you live?
...If you can view the webpage that you linked then my guess is it might be part of a charade involving the case. Is the website visible to you?
RSBM
The website is visible to me. I'm in Nashville, TN.

But if she was abducted 'to be killed', in other words if someone lured her to that spot and the intention was murder then the river is too close to ignore. Why would they take her somewhere else?

The most important piece of evidence so far seems to be Stacey English's body, it's location, etc. If there is anything at all suspicious it would link the two cases. If it was a suicide then a link would be harder to find, if there is one.

At any rate since there doesn't seem to be any forward movement it seems like the next step might be to search the river. If she committed suicide there, unlikely, her body would have likely sunk first since she was thin, then come back to the surface after a while. Since it is a crowded waterway that seems unlikely to have happened. But if she were killed there maybe the body could have been weighted down. It seems very unlikely but a lot of the cases discussed on this website seem to end up with a dead person in the water.

Anyway, some related links.

----
http://archive.org/stream/illio1997104univ/illio1997104univ_djvu.txt
Fishermen found parts of Karyn Slover, 23, of Decatur in plastic bags three days after she left work and was reported missing. Seven months later no one was arrested at that time in connection with her slaying. Slover was seen leaving her job at about 5:05 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 27. She was driving her boyfriend's car. The car was found almost four hours later, with the engine running, along Interstate 72. Her purse was empty and her phone was missing. Her body parts were found in Lake Shelbyville, 40 miles away from where the car was left running.

----

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/18/phoenix-coldon-missing_n_1432683.html
Goldia Coldon said there also is a similar case in St. Louis.

"A young lady (was) snatched out of a car in East St. Louis a few years ago, while at a stoplight. They left her car running in the road and took her to a house in Illinois where a group of guys drugged, beat and raped her," Coldon said. "They wanted her to work as a prostitute for them. She waited until she was left with just one of her captors. He passed out from drinking and she managed to escape. The circumstances -- the running car in the street -- are very similar."

----

Note that although the Sliver case was "solved", there are many questions about whether the police solved it correctly.

The Innocence Project got involved in some way http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Karyn_Hearn_Slover

It certainly looks like statistically there is a high probability that all three cases are related and that the police arrested the wrong person. It's almost a daily feature of news sites now. If you go to the nydailynews site almost every day you see 1) Innocence Person Freed After Decades in Prison and 2) Kim Kardashian Considering Additional Butt Implants or Collagen Injections.

Maybe the most productive path for the Phoenix Cold on case would be to look at forensics in the Sliver case, commited probably less carefully if by the same person.

"The group requested that the fingerprint found at the Lake Shelbyville bridge be tested as evidence, but the move was rejected in 2010 by Assistant Circuit Court Judge Timothy Steadman,[18] who stated: "Because the latent print is not suitable for the requested testing, there is no potential to produce new evidence materially relevant to the defendants' assertion of actual innocence".[19]"

More links. If you search on Yahoo for "with the engine running" + abduction most of the links are in the same part of the country
http://www.z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t4197.htm
http://www.hngn.com/articles/38764/20140811/michigan-teen.htm

BBM, I agree. I'm surprised the river hasn't been searched. That was just my initial theory 3 years ago when she went missing.

Just read up on this and wanted to express my sympathy for the family. I hope they will find their daughter soon, one way or another. :cry:

BBM, I agree. I'm surprised the river hasn't been searched. That was just my initial theory 3 years ago when she went missing.

Maybe it is too expensive to search the river. At any rate, you have several cases which are likely, statistically, to be related. The chances that all of the cases are related is fair. The chances that at least one of the cases is related to the one on this thread is extremely high.

More significantly one of the possibly related cases has evidence that was deliberately ignored so that police could solve the case using their own methods, i.e. manufacturing whatever evidence and theories were needed to solve it quickly. I know from past experience there is minimal interest on this board for wrongful convictions, but if that case is studied properly and the likely innocent people are cleared then the case on this thread would get much more attention.

The key question in the Cold on case is whether she is likely alive. And her best chance at this point would be if she were abducted by a group for whatever purpose. Looking at the other cases it looks possible. The biggest impediment might be cops trying to cover their mistakes in the Slover case and the case here http://www.hngn.com/articles/38764/20140811/michigan-teen.htm and other cases.

This is so sad, for everyone involved. If this young lady did indeed want to 'disappear', many things come to mind: 1) It is incredibly hard to vanish on your own free will. There are books and websites that give tips on how to do so, but it is hard. There is video surveillance everywhere, GPS tracking on phones (any info ever released regarding her cell phone? Was it in her parents name? Was it ever found? Who was she talking to on the last phone call she made?). 2) What a unique manner in which she would have chosen to vanish willingly, driving to ESL and abandoning her car, facing the wrong driving direction, running, with keys in ignition, and drivers door open. 3) Has anyone found any validity to the 'new' info posted on here recently, pertaining to the extra car in the driveway, etc? Sadly, this is the first I can recall hearing about this case. I will be looking into this further.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back