Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With the laws the way they are, they cannot remove the children unless they are being abused or in a clear danger. Grandparents don't have much standing without proof the children are being harmed. Shon being a isn't good enough for child services to remove them, unfortunately.

With the laws the way they are, they cannot remove the children unless they are being abused or in a clear danger. Grandparents don't have much standing without proof the children are being harmed. Shon being a isn't good enough for child services to remove them, unfortunately.

I agree with that, but I have to think that the amount of guns removed from the home violate more than a few laws there. If they were arrest him, the gdpts would stand a good chance of getting at least temporary custody.

I agree with that, but I have to think that the amount of guns removed from the home violate more than a few laws there. If they were arrest him, the gdpts would stand a good chance of getting at least temporary custody.

I wonder if Shon's older daughter is still visiting her dad. If it's court ordered then she has to go, unless she's over 12-13. I can't recall how old she is. Given the details of the case and how she felt about Renee not being there, I would bet she's terrified of being in that house. And I wonder how her mother feels about all of this. Maybe she should throw Shon's favorite line to the GP's back in his face. :rolleyes: "Talk to my lawyer"

Originally Posted by Drivenon
They removed a significant amount of guns from DP, too...but didn't take his kids. I think they believe it removes at least one immediate danger from the children.

I don't think he will be seeing his oldest daughter. Her mother would be crazy to allow it. (They would have to take me to jail for contempt.) She needs to file paperwork to prevent it at this time. She can go for at least supervised visitation, imo.

Yes. If LE arrests him...the grandparents could get temporary custody.

I'm surprised to hear Shon's back at work. I would have thought accessing the hazmat facility would have gotten him suspended or something.

http://www.examiner.net/news/x545173409/Renee-Pernice-is-now-presumed-dead

(snip)
After taking vacation time to address the disappearance of his wife, Shon Pernice, also a member of the Missouri Army National Guard, is now back at work in Independence, according to Fire Chief Sandra K. Schiess.

:( Thats so sad.

So being a POI in their mothers disappearance / murder isn't considered enough of a threat
What if he loses it and kills them too - Thats what I worry about the most

The Grandparents must be going out of their minds with worry

:( Thats so sad.

So being a POI in their mothers disappearance / murder isn't considered enough of a threat
What if he loses it and kills them too - Thats what I worry about the most

The Grandparents must be going out of their minds with worry

I don't think that Shon has ever been officially listed as a Person of Interest. In fact, the only thing LE will say "officially" is that he has given inconsistent accounts of when he last saw Renee. While the search warrants, evidence lists, and news reports contain very disturbing information regarding Shon, LE remains silent about what they think Shon's involvement is. Until LE makes a move to implicate him, the children will mostly likely remain with him. While I am not an attorney, but I do believe that the grandparents do have rights to see the children, but they would have to file a motion with the court to gain those rights to visitation. A judge would then have to rule on that motion. That could take a long time. I think at this point the best that we can hope and pray for is that LE gets the information that they need to proceed with charges in Renee's death very soon. In the meantime, I pray that the children are not harmed any more than they already have been by losing their mother.

Oh the thread was moved to here.. seems we lose posters when the threads move.. interesting.

Oh no, I hope we don't lose anyone!! We need to keep the discussion going to help find Renee and keep interest in her case. Is there a way to post a link to the original thread here so it is easier to access for reference and for new people joining to read what has already been posted before?

Pernice Case Now Death Investigation
Prosecutor Says Foul Play Involved In Renee Pernice's Disappearance

POSTED: 11:22 am CST February 5, 2009

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The case of missing mother Renee Pernice is now a death investigation, according to the Clay County prosecutor.

Pernice, 35, was last seen on Jan. 2.

"Based on the weight of existing evidence, the absence of Renee trying to contact family members and the amount of time that has passed since she disappeared, I consider Renee Pernice's case as a death investigation," prosecutor Daniel White said in a news release on Thursday. "We believe foul play is involved."

Here is the link to the full story:
http://www.kmbc.com/news/18648711/detail.html

Oh no, I hope we don't lose anyone!! We need to keep the discussion going to help find Renee and keep interest in her case. Is there a way to post a link to the original thread here so it is easier to access for reference and for new people joining to read what has already been posted before?
If you just look at the bottom of the page, you will find the past threads plus Star Boomer's thread. ;)

We aren't going to lose anyone. They didn't stop posting because the thread moved...they are probably busy as it is a weekend and there is no real news coming out right now.

If you just look at the bottom of the page, you will find the past threads plus Star Boomer's thread. ;)

We aren't going to lose anyone. They didn't stop posting because the thread moved...they are probably busy as it is a weekend and there is no real news coming out right now.

Thank you for that information! :waitasec: I should have noticed that!

LOL It is a relatively new feature on here. I didn't realize it for awhile myself. ;)

I still come here each day and read and also hope to find new info/updates to this story. I haven't posted since it seems not much has been happening that is public info. Hopefully, the police know a lot more and are just waiting for Shon to make a mistake so they can arrest him. I am sure others are like me too in not really posting if nothing is happening.

You know its the weirdest thing

I get google alerts for various news articles and so on

Today I got this
Google News Alert for: renee pernice
Police, volunteers search for missing Northland mother
Kansas City Star - MO,USA
By GLENN E. RICE Dozens of volunteers, including Danny Russell, searched Monday for Renee Pernice. They searched an area bound by 68th Street to 60th Street ...
See all stories on this topic

But when I clicked in the link I got this
Unfortunately the page you requested isn't available. This could be the result of expired content, a broken link, an outdated bookmark or a mistyped address. Please use the links on this page or click here to visit our home page.
Any thoughts ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back