Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JaneInOz, that is weird! I went to KansasCity.com and found the article in the archives. It was published 1/13/09. Strange that you would just now get the alert...I wish it had been current though. I would love to see another search for Renee happen.

Where the body was found is 117 miles/2 hours 7 mins by car from Independence, MO. If the body traveled by river, is it possible to have gone that far? I don't know the calculations by river, but it would be much further.

Does he have ties to people in that area?

Another possibility is Kara Kopetesky from Belton, MO altho...this sounds as if this body was dumped recently and was found somewhat intact. They came back with information quickly as to this being a white female and called it a body not skeletal remains.

Where the body was found is 117 miles/2 hours 7 mins by car from Independence, MO. If the body traveled by river, is it possible to have gone that far? I don't know the calculations by river, but it would be much further.

Does he have ties to people in that area?
SS: did some research on the river
~snip~The Missouri river flows between 3 and 7 mph, he says. While faster than most Ozark streams, which run just 2-3 mph, the current is hardly raging~snip~

http://www.ruralmissouri.org/04pages/04AugMuddy.html

Taking that a little bit further, if we calculate how many days she has been gone (around 38) times 24 hours...that is a total of 912 hours... and the river moves 3-7 miles per hour (much slower while she has been gone because we have had a lot of really cold weather since early January and the river was even iced over in some places). I do not know how to figure her weight into the equation..

Using the scale of miles for the river. This was less than 125 miles away from Independence. So the probability of it being her is high.

Of course, he could have traveled to an area much closer to where the body was found to dump it in the river, too. It isn't that far.

Thanks for the information, NeeBee!~

But isn't Marshall north of Kansas City? So wouldn't that be upstream rather than downstream from Kansas City? I really don't know which it would be. But like someone said, it's notthat far and he definitely could have dumped her somewhere else. I've wondered by the large gap of time since the phone was found at 12:01 a.m. on the 3rd and he was in the Hazmat unit at 4:26 a.m. on the 3rd. Obviously the phone was dumped before midnight, so where was he between when the phone was dumped and when he showed up at the Hazmat unit. Maybe he went on a road trip to dump the body.

EDIT - well I just found something on the internet that says the Missouri River flows east from Kansas City to St. Louis. So it does make sense that a body dumped in KC would go that direction.

There have been a few bodies found in that river. I recall a couple after Kara went missing. Scary.

There have been a few bodies found in that river. I recall a couple after Kara went missing. Scary.

Yes, the Missouri River has been a notorious dumping ground throughout the history of Kansas City. During the years that Organized Crime was big here, bodies were found along it all the time. I think that is why so many of us believe Renee could have been dumped in the river. We have heard about it happening many times. It is a treacherous river is some parts. It has a lot of undertows which could easily conceal a body (rather than the body floating and being visible) and transport it faster. A body dumped in the right area could be concealed for quite awhile and travel a good distance before being found. Hopefully an ID will be made soon.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=256991

Speculation here that it may have been 57 year old Lana Sandweiss of Liberty, Missouri. "Sandweiss went missing on November 26th 2008. Authorities believe she jumped off of the Highway 13 bridge near Lexington.

The Water Patrol reports that officers found Sandweiss' car running on the bridge with a suicide note inside".

I'm a long way away across the Atlantic, and I'm guessing this is a pretty big river - so if this is incorrect, I am very sorry...

Still thinking of Renee and her children every day...

Thankyou piglitsmum

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=256991

UPDTATE: 7:30 p.m. Sunday

Authorities will begin comparing the victim's teeth with dental records of all missing white females from mid-Missouri Monday, according to Saline County Sheriff Wally George.

The woman's body was spotted by a commercial fisherman just before 2 p.m. Saturday floating near "Stump Island" on the Missouri River.

It's still unknown how long the body had been in the river or if authorities suspect foul play.

Original Story

A woman's body was found floating in the Missouri River in Howard County, shortly before 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Water Patrol officials have confirmed.

A passerby initially spotted the woman's body floating near Saline County and called for help, officials say. Right now the body is at the medical examiner's office.

At this it's not known who the woman was, or how long she had been in the river.

Missouri Water Patrol officials have directed all questions to the Saline County Sheriff's Department - but all they would confirm is that the body was that of an adult white female.

Hmmm...a woman that jumped off a bridge could easily be the Jane Doe they have found. (Altho I haven't looked to see where Lexington is yet.) I guess we will have to wait a few more days to find out.

Floating is a clue. Hmmmm...if she were wearing clothing...they would already have a very good idea of her identiy right now.

Well, Renee isn't from mid Missouri, she's from western Missouri, so I wonder if they already knew it wasn't her? I was hoping it was Renee so at least her body would be found. I hope it is found while there's still a chance of determining a cause of death. The temperatures have been mostly below freezing since she disappeared until recently, and we've had several days of temperatures in the 60s lately, and today will be anothe warm day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina
Back