Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Poor kids. Cops shouldn't have let Perniece walk home, they should have cited him for DUI and endangering the kids. Too afraid of frivolous lawsuits I guess. What a shame! Those children need to be better protected.

Susan

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this clown murdered his wife. I wonder if he's been asked to take a poly and refused? You can practically see the hatred for her in his voice during the interview ("rich *advertiser censored* doctor boyfriend..or dead"). Who makes comments like that? Murderers (a la Peterson...) He is witnessed driving his wife's dog to a local park and leaving it there. He should be denied full custody of his children.Blood in the garage. The cell phone tossed away (and how in the hell did they find it?). People like him make mistakes. What was his answer for accessing the hazmat building at 4 am? He needs to be named as a person of interest to sweat him a little. The KC police don't have the best rep for solving crimes like this. Plus he was a witness to an earlier murder (ten years ago)?

CNN) -- Renee Pernice, a 35-year-old mother of two young children, vanished from her home in Kansas City, Missouri, shortly after New Year's this year. She hasn't been heard from since.
Police believe foul play is involved, yet they have not found her body. No one has been arrested in the case.
Police have not named her husband, Shon Pernice, as a person of interest or a suspect in the case. However, "he's the last known person to see her alive," said Doug Niemeier, a sergeant with the Kansas City Police Department.
Six months after Renee Pernice disappeared, police say they still have questions about her husband in the days after her disappearance, including why he allegedly accessed a local fire department's hazardous materials building around 4:30 a.m. January 3.
"It should be noted that multiple types of cleaners, solvents and cleaning supplies are stored at Station #5," a police affidavit says.

(snipped)

A local firefighter, Shon Pernice has said he was not involved in her disappearance. He told a local activist in March that "I didn't harm my wife one bit. Not at all." In that interview, one of the few in which he's referenced his wife's disappearance, he added, "It's gut-wrenching thinking that either she's got a rich-*advertiser censored* doctor boyfriend somewhere and she's happy, or she's dead."
(snipped)
Since his wife disappeared, Shon Pernice has been arrested twice on unrelated charges: once for allegedly stealing a neighbor's gun and another time for disturbing the peace in an incident with that same neighbor this past July Fourth weekend.
"As everybody knows, my wife has been missing since January 2," he told CNN affiliate KCTV5. "This is what it stems from. Basically what the media ... has portrayed of me -- of the whole situation. There's a lot of people that don't like me."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/08/grace.coldcase.pernice/index.html

Quote from FOX4 News regarding July 4th 911 call:

Prosecutors say Pernice made several 911 calls that night and can be heard saying "I will kill them. I am now prepared to protect myself."

Prosecutors say Pernice's son is then heard saying "Dad you are too mad...Let me talk, put the knife down."

FOX4 News article and video:
http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-shon-pernice-arrested-071609,0,3060537.story

KCTV5 News article and Video:
http://www.kctv5.com/news/20073833/detail.html

KMBC9 News article:
http://www.kmbc.com/news/20073747/detail.html

OMG. They need to keep those boys away from him - and his enabling *mother* for good!

I'll be praying and keeping my fingers crossed that Renee Pernice's parents get custody of the children.

Gotta love KCTV-5
They always do anything, ANYTHING to get their story...
Even if it means filing a motion related to the case in question.

See 7/17/2009 ; 7/22/2009 ; 7/24/2009

Direct from case.net

07/14/2009 Docket Entry: Judge Assigned

Docket Entry: Grand Jury Indictment Filed
Text: Document ID: 09-CYARW-677, for PERNICE, SHON ANDREW;

Docket Entry: Bond Set
Text: BOND SET AT $250,000.00

07/16/2009 Docket Entry: Warrant Served
Text: Document ID - 09-CYARW-677; Served To - PERNICE, SHON ANDREW; Server - ; Served Date - 16-JUL-09; Served Time - 00:00:00; Service Type - Sheriff Department; Reason Description - Served

07/17/2009 Docket Entry: Arraignment Scheduled
Associated Docket Entries: 07/22/2009 - Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Defendant in custody with attorney Baldwin, State by APA Krauser. Intervener Meredith Corporation by attorney Rhodes. Intervener motion to object to Order Denying Media Coverage-Defendant NOT waiving 3 day notice- Motion and Arraignment continued to 7-24-2009 at 10:00am by agreement of parties. Defendant ordered to appear. STA/plh
Associated Events: 07/23/2009 , 09:00:00 - Arraignment

07/21/2009 Docket Entry: Motion Hearing Scheduled
Associated Docket Entries: 07/22/2009 - Hearing Continued/Rescheduled

Associated Events: 07/22/2009 , 14:00:00 - Motion Hearing

Docket Entry: Motion to Intervene
Text: Proposed Intervenor Meredith Corporation (KCTV-5) by atty Bernard Rhodes files Motion to Intervene for the Limited Purpose of Objecting to Orders Denying Request for Media Coverage (with Suggestions). plh

Docket Entry: Notice of Hearing Filed
Text: Proposed Intervenor Meredith Corporation (KCTV-5) by atty Bernard Rhodes files Notice of Hearing calling up their Motion to Intervene for the Limited Purpose of Objecting to Orders Denying Request for Media Coverage of arraignment to be heard on 7-22-2009 at 2:00pm. plh

07/22/2009 Docket Entry: Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
Associated Docket Entries: 07/21/2009 - Motion Hearing Scheduled

Associated Events: 07/22/2009 , 14:00:00 - Motion Hearing

Docket Entry: Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Text: Defendant in custody with attorney Baldwin, State by APA Krauser. Intervener Meredith Corporation by attorney Rhodes. Intervener motion to object to Order Denying Media Coverage-Defendant NOT waiving 3 day notice- Motion and Arraignment continued to 7-24-2009 at 10:00am by agreement of parties. Defendant ordered to appear. STA/plh
Associated Docket Entries: 07/17/2009 - Arraignment Scheduled

Associated Events: 07/23/2009 , 09:00:00 - Arraignment

Docket Entry: Motion Hearing Scheduled
Associated Docket Entries: 07/24/2009 - Arraignment Held
State by APA Scott Ison, Defendant in custody by Attorney Eric Vernon.Defendant handed copy of Indictment by the Court. Defendant informed by Court of the charge(s) against him. Defendant waives reading of the Indictment and enters a plea of not guilty.Defendant ordered to appear on 7/31/09 at 9:00 am. At defendant's request, no trial date is set.
Associated Events: 07/24/2009 , 10:00:00 - Motion Hearing

07/24/2009 Docket Entry: Entry of Appearance Filed
Filing Party: VERNON , ERIC EUGENE

Docket Entry: Response Filed
Text: Defendant's Respionse to Intervenor's Motion "For Media Coverage"
Filing Party: PERNICE , SHON ANDREW

Docket Entry: Motion for Bond Reduction
Text: Motion for Reduction of Pretrial Bond

Docket Entry: Notice of Hearing Filed
Text: Motion to Reduce Bond 7-31-09 @ 9:00am

Docket Entry: Motion Hearing Scheduled
Associated Events: 07/31/2009 , 09:00:00 - Motion Hearing

Docket Entry: Motion for Discovery
Text: Defendant filed Request for Discovery

Docket Entry: Motion for Discovery
Text: State files Request for Discovery.

Docket Entry: Arraignment Held
Text: State by APA Scott Ison, Defendant in custody by Attorney Eric Vernon.Defendant handed copy of Indictment by the Court. Defendant informed by Court of the charge(s) against him. Defendant waives reading of the Indictment and enters a plea of not guilty.Defendant ordered to appear on 7/31/09 at 9:00 am. At defendant's request, no trial date is set.
Associated Docket Entries: 07/22/2009 - Motion Hearing Scheduled

Associated Events: 07/24/2009 , 10:00:00 - Motion Hearing

If LE is waiting to find Renee's remains to press charges against this for her murder, they need to be WAAAAAAAAAAAY more agressive in their seaches for her.

Shon is a danger to anyone he comes in contact with! IMO, he killed Renee, and she was not the first.

LIBERTY, Mo. -- A Clay County judge has modified the bond for Shon Pernice in one of two cases pending against him.Earlier this month, Pernice's bond was set at $250,000 after he was taken into custody after a dispute with his neighbor. On Friday, KMBC's Dan Weinbaum reported that the judge lowered the bond to $100,000.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/20236948/detail.html

ty for the link In da Middle.. when i heard he had bailed out i went right to your link to verify.. sadly yes he is out

Pernice Posted Bond In Connection With July Dispute With Neighbor.
In July, Pernice's bond was set at $250,000 when he was taken into custody following a dispute with his neighbor on the Fourth of July weekend. Pernice is accused of threatening his neighbors during a confrontation and endangering his own children.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/20493479/detail.html

eta...As conditions of his release, Pernice will wear an electronic monitoring device and can only leave his home to go to work.

but.. has anyone looked into why he is released to go to work in St Joe when he dont currently have job there.. st joe is 50 miles away

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back