GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3843172&page=1

"The body was discovered about 8 o'clock this morning by a deputy in McDonald County," Jeff Lanza, a spokesman for the FBI's Kansas City field office, confirmed to ABC News.

The determination was made based on the girl's clothing, Lanza said, adding that authorities had been planning to search the area where the body was found today.

"I was told it was a cave," Lanza said, describing the area where the deputy found the body, private land about 10 miles south of the girl's hometown of Stella, Mo.

The case is being investigated as a homicide, but Lanza declined to provide additional details, such as how the girl died and whether suspects have been named.

and

"The stepfather [David Spears] was uncooperative with us," Copeland said, adding that Spears has refused to speak with police anymore until he consults with an attorney.

more at link

Found mom's myspace because I'm nosy like that.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=236309969

David the stepdad is on there too it looks like. He's 24??!?!!?!?!?!?!?

I wonder if he was the suspect that they arrested.

This whole case makes me angry.

www.joplinglobe.com has been posting minute by minute updates all day... from the time they have removed the body from the site, ect. :-(

FBI did polygraphs of ALL people who were at the house - mom, stepdad, the two friends dad went out with, and the grandma. They did not say who did or did not pass though. But they did take them.

Found mom's myspace because I'm nosy like that.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ID=236 309969

David the stepdad is on there too it looks like. He's 24??!?!!?!?!?!?!?

I wonder if he was the suspect that they arrested.

This whole case makes me angry.

www.joplinglobe.com has been posting minute by minute updates all day... from the time they have removed the body from the site, ect. :-(

FBI did polygraphs of ALL people who were at the house - mom, stepdad, the two friends dad went out with, and the grandma. They did not say who did or did not pass though. But they did take them.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_313202924.html

Check this out:
quote from the grandma -
David Spears, Ford’s stepfather, does have several friends from Wheaton whom he met the night of Ford’s disappearance, his mother, Myrna Spears, said in a phone interview this evening.
“I am hoping it is not who I think it is,” she said of the man, who she confirmed “was there that night.”
A news conference has been scheduled for 8 p.m. today.

No word on if one of them is the stepfather. I'll update if I see something on local newscast tonight. Looks like the grandma is flappin her jaws.

David Spears is still at the police station according to local news - his mother has stated to local reporters she has not heard from him since he went there for questioning this afternoon. The arrest of the second suspect occured about an hour ago.
The names of the suspects will not be announced until tomorrow.

OK I take back what I said about the stepfather.... the events only point to one obvious thing. He is crying croc tears because he obviously knows he did something bad.... maybe he blacked out and doesn't remember... maybe he did love Rowan as his own but now he's horrified at what he's done and he's scared he's gonna get caught.

I do think this is a case of alcoholic blackout-induced split personality.

Long-term sexual abuse??? possibly... no-- make that probably. In fact.. knowing how much younger he is (than his wife)... I wonder if he didn't marry her in order to be able to get to the girl.
When I look at her face in that picture,, her smile looks very forced and she looks very sad.

What's up with the mother?? Apparently, she is retarded....?? OK, yes.. I'll come over and give my blazing DRUNK son my car for 4 hours in the middle of the night, and I'll sit here like an idiot for 4 hours but not check on my sleeping granddaughter.

WTF...........................?!?!

Pedinurse, thanks for the link to that Myspace of little Rowan's Mom. Poor little girl. Looks like she had to live her short life with a bunch of idiotic stoners. I would be willing to bet you that the guy from Wheaton County who is arrested is the "Chris" guy on Mom's Myspace. The picture on his Myspace is of him sitting on what appears to be a slide at a playground somewhere. The last day he logged on was 11/2/07 - the day Rowan went missing. Why, why, why, why......!!!!!

Pedinurse, thanks for the link to that Myspace of little Rowan's Mom. Poor little girl. Looks like she had to live her short life with a bunch of idiotic stoners. I would be willing to bet you that the guy from Wheaton County who is arrested is the "Chris" guy on Mom's Myspace. The picture on his Myspace is of him sitting on what appears to be a slide at a playground somewhere. The last day he logged on was 11/2/07 - the day Rowan went missing. Why, why, why, why......!!!!!

Nothin like a skeleton holding a bunch of screaming heads with a pokey thing (scythe?) as your background to make you look suspicous in the murder of a small child....

Nothin like a skeleton holding a bunch of screaming heads with a pokey thing (scythe?) as your background to make you look suspicous in the murder of a small child....

Funny you would say that. I was actually thinking as I looked at the MySpace account about his music choice and background. Pretty much shares a lot of the same interest I do!!! (I like heavy metal, among other forms of music - including classical). I don't live my life stoned for 23 hours of the day and bragging about being stoned the other hour, however. I am always hesitant to judge someone by their MySpace account, which is sort of silly, because it is usually one of the first things I look at in criminal investigations. Viewed in terms of the pages of the friends, the pictures that are posted, and the comments, you can usually get a pretty good feel for the person. I don't find a lot of redeeming qualities in these people. I am going to bet there was something going on that night besides a dime bag of weed being smoked. I am going to bet that methamphetamines were involved.

If you click on other pics on that myspace page they go to other pages of supernatural believers.

Wonder if they really believe in ghost?

I bet he was drinking and wanted to go out with his friends and Rowan didn't want him to leave her alone and they got into an argument and he hit her too hard or something....just awful. Stepdad sounds like a real winner. Poor little Rowan. :*(
And then I think that friend took HIS car, so he called his mom to bring her car and he took that car and they met up. Three counties are where the crimes were involved.... kidnapping in one. the murder in one. the body was found in another. :(

I was going to post earlier that i thought that meth was involved too.

I totally think they arrested him. And knowing she is dead now makes me see this totally fake interview... and what he said... in a different light. Gives me the willies.

Arrested - Chris Collins and David Spears - both are currently at the Barry County jail. Charges will be filed tomorrow. Barry County Sheriff's have released the names of both on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper