GUILTY MO - Rowan Ford, 9, raped & murdered, Stella, 3 Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they "crossed the line", the truth is the truth. Stuff was written about what happened to Jessica Lunsford and it didn't hurt the case any. It just makes people more angry than they already are and maybe more motived to get some laws changed.

I agree with you arielilane, but I can totally see where those who disagree are coming from.

IMO both men started it not just the one like they are saying. Why do I think so? Because why would the SD one come in and join in and then kill her and also why were her sheets gone. I think this started at her house and moved to the other mans house. Also it keeps stating it started at night and went in the morning, accourding to reports that doesnt fit with spears story of 130 going and finding her.

I think the two perverts started sexually abusing Rowan long before David called his mother to borrow the car. I think they got drunk started raping the child and had to call Mama to use her car in order to get all of them away from the house before Colleen arrived home. I bet he told his mama not to mentioned that Chris was around that evening or he may have been hiding outside with Rowan when mama arrived. I wonder if they checked Rowan's bed and I would be checking both sides of her mattress, floor and maybe the sofa for blood stains.jmo

There was no reason for the step-grandmother to stay at the house other than to watch the child....but why would he bother to ask her to "sit" when she already thought he had left the child alone all evening anyway? I think I agree with the theory that she was left there in case the mother happened to call.

The step-grandmother has more information. She has to.

I read that they do not anticpate charging anyone else at this time ... I really hope that they rethink that and look LONG & HARD at the step-grandmother. :mad:

Good, now I am just WAITING for my turn to be called to jury duty!! ***eyes rolling***
i thought these jerks confessed? WTF? how can you confess then say not guilty?

From what has been explained to me by my lawyer bud in KC, since they were not represented by a lawyer at their hearing today, each had to plead not guilty since it is the law. They have both asked for a public defender. Poor soul whoever gets appointed to this case.

Swannie

Personally, I think the Globe went a bit too far at this time- for one reason only - I don't want a slick defense lawyer to try and get a change of venue. I want this trial to stay in SW Mo. What the Globe printed is going to come out sooner or later...

I have a sinking feeling there will be a change of venue for their trials. Everyone around these parts are in an uproar, rightfully so. Seems as if the whole SW MO area has been affected by this madness. :(

Swannie

I read that they do not anticpate charging anyone else at this time ... I really hope that they rethink that and look LONG & HARD at the step-grandmother. :mad:

I agree, golfmom; however, I think they need to look long & hard at Rowan's mother as well. Something had to be wrong for Rowan to walk to school so early in the morning and to church whenever she did. Seriously!!

I heard Colleen willingly took a lie detector test. I wonder what the outcome of it was??

Swannie

I agree, golfmom; however, I think they need to look long & hard at Rowan's mother as well. Something had to be wrong for Rowan to walk to school so early in the morning and to church whenever she did. Seriously!!

I heard Colleen willingly took a lie detector test. I wonder what the outcome of it was??

Swannie
I think that it is SERIOUS bullsh!$ that they are not going to charge the stepgrandmother in this! She had to have known what was going on!

In the Disney movies, it’s always the evil stepmother.
This time it was the evil stepfather.
On the second of November, 2007, nine-year-old Rowan Ford’s mother, 44-year-old Colleen Spears, had been working the night shift at her job at Wal-Mart. While Colleen was working, Rowan’s stepfather, David Spears, was at home watching the girl.
Here’s what we believe is David Spears’s MySpace page.
This mom-works-nights and dad-works-days arrangement was entirely normal, and probably saved the family a good amount on childcare.

http://pysih.com/2007/11/11/david-spears-and-chris-collings/

I hadn't seen this story and it just happened. The little girl looks so sad in this picture. I wonder if she was being abused before she died. I hope not. I hope they get what they deserve!! This website I found looking for another case has all kinds of people that you can vote on that should go to hell. Wishfull thinking, I guess.

The step-grandmother is either lying or she is an idiot. I think she is lying.

Ok, I found the link regarding Colleen taking a lie detector test. Here:
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/11121476.html?video=pop&t=a

Perhaps this third person (who has the vehicle with the Arkansas license plates / the other man that went drinking with Spears and Collings) is involved as well?? Hmmm...

Rowan's bio-father has never been around her. Sad. I wonder if he has been contacted about her death?

Maybe Colleen really didn't know anything or chose to overlook the warning signs (Rowan walking to school at 6:30AM when class doesn't start until 8AM, walking to church early).

Has no one thought to question the step-grandmother yet? Geez. Yes, I am frustrated. :furious:

Swannie

Could it be she was walking to school to arrive early enough to eat breakfast there, and maybe play with friends? Breakfast and lunch are sometimes the only hot meals poor children get. :(

Could it be she was walking to school to arrive early enough to eat breakfast there, and maybe play with friends? Breakfast and lunch are sometimes the only hot meals poor children get. :(

This is possible KatK.

In a follow up - we will have to see where this leads:

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/11250846.html

"The East Newton School District superintendent confirmed that someone from the district made a hotline call about Rowan and that the district followed procedures required for mandated reporters.

KSPR has filed an open records request with the state for the file on Rowan Ford.

Today, the Department of Social Services would not confirm or deny Rowan having a file.

The state has 3 days to respond, but could still turn down our open-records request."

Swannie

I think the outcome is obvious - Colleen is not in jail and Sheriff Copeland has been quoted as saying she was never a suspect.

Oh, my heart is breaking for this little girls sister. The dynamics in that "family" could lend to this poor kid not knowing her sister was being sexually abused. Perhaps it happened to her. I mean no matter she's a teenager and she has had her little sister taken from her. Here's what struck me as weird. In the world of myspace wouldn't it serve to have your husband as your immediate friend on there? THEN the guy who had been living with you. Hate to say it, but I so am hoping there was not anything going on with Mrs. Chris Spears and Collings. The entire thing is very, very sad. I hope the sister of Rowan will get some professional help of some kind. She must be devastated.

I have a sinking feeling there will be a change of venue for their trials. Everyone around these parts are in an uproar, rightfully so. Seems as if the whole SW MO area has been affected by this madness. :(

Swannie

Swannie -

I wouldn't worry much about a change of venue. These cases won't go to trial. My prediction is that the DA will get a life in prison sentence for both in exchange for avoiding the DP. Plus, they'll both have incentive to plea. Whoever doesn't take a deal will likely have the other on the stand testifying against him. That would not be good for the defendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory