NOTGUILTY MO - Savannah Leckie, 16, found deceased, Theodosia, 18 July 2017 * mom arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So .... I think Savannah was already burned up before July 18;several days or more, with enough time to have most of the body burned. Just the heat needed for burning a body would be enough to cause those burns on her arms, especially over several days.

Yeah, I'll be really interested to see what LE comes up with in terms of when the last time was that someone saw or spoke to Savannah. Even if it was something like hearing her in the background while on the phone with rr or rp.

I remember reading once that it takes a full 24 hours of burn time to get a body down to just bones, and the reports seem to indicate that her bones were then burnt multiple times after that. So, this obviously wasn't something that was done quickly and disguised as a bonfire. But, does anyone by chance know how much the lye would accelerate the process? How much could that change the window of time they would have needed?

So .... I think Savannah was already burned up before July 18;several days or more, with enough time to have most of the body burned. Just the heat needed for burning a body would be enough to cause those burns on her arms, especially over several days.

all JMO, and likely to

I had the same thoughts, after reading that the bones were burned several times. But I did a quick search on the decomposing effects of lye on a human body and it can apparently take literally a matter of hours for the body to break down to a state where everything but the bones, teeth etc can be flushed down a drain. The time it takes depends on how much heat you're able to get into the metal drum.

Trying to word this as nicely as possible and not going to provide a link as it's not the nicest thing to be reading.

The affidavit (pg 10 of this thread) states that several drums including chemicals and 'lard' were found on the property.

I actually feel ill now.
No links so MOO, IMO

Is it okay to burn lye?

Sodium or potassium hydroxide can be used to digest tissues of animal carcasses or deceased humans. Often referred to as alkaline hydrolysis, the process involves placing the carcass or body into a sealed chamber, adding a mixture of lye and water and the application of heat to accelerate the process. After several hours the chamber will contain a liquid with coffee-like appearance,[5][6][7] and the only solid that remains are very fragile bone hulls of mostly calcium phosphate, which can be mechanically crushed to a fine powder with very little force.[8][9
Source

HTH

Savannah was adopted at birth rebecca is her bio mom.. David is adopted dad, tamile adopted mom.. 11 months ago adopted mom, who lives In minnesota, sent savannah to live with rebecca, bio mom.. due to rules, I can't explain the rest. This is all now public knowledge

She probably soaked her in the lye to speed up the process and then continued to burn the bones ! Maybe she really just pissed her pants out of fear for the 20 boxes of bones she had on the property!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Savannah was adopted at birth rebecca is her bio mom.. David is adopted dad, tamile adopted mom.. 11 months ago adopted mom, who lives In minnesota, sent savannah to live with rebecca, bio mom.. due to rules, I can't explain the rest. This is all now public knowledge

The part about Savannah coming to Missouri at least partly due to not getting along with her [adoptive] mom's bf is also considered public knowledge, at this point. It was discussed in the search warrant packet.

You are so right about bio mom's burns and why LE didn't check the burn pile much earlier. Guess they did not want to jump to the conclusion that something nefarious had occurred. However, the majority of us didn't buy bio mom's story on what had happened from the first day.

So, I found something interesting related to this. I only found one article that reported this, but apparently someone had called the local fire department about the out of control "brush fire" and it HAD been checked out that day.

Here's the write-up: (https://www.westplainsdailyquill.net/news/local/article_fd50d4fc-7e96-11e7-b93b-2bd3f31c37cc.html)
Theodosia Area Volunteer Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire on Ruud's property on County Road 905 five miles west of Theodosia. When firefighters arrived it turned out to be a brush fire, said fire chief Tim Jeffery. According to Jeffery, Ruud had a burned arm but refused medical help at the time. The fire chief said firefighters wrapped the arm and Ruud said she would see a doctor the next day. According to Jeffery, firefighters were called back to the Longrun property next day to began searching for the missing Leckie. The fire chief said ATVs, airplanes and people on foot began the search but nothing turned up at the time.

So, if RR started with the story about "we had a burn pile that got out of control, Savannah felt like it was her fault and felt guilty", they would have had official backing for that story from the Fire Department. The Fire Chief was right there to say "yeah, we checked that out, it was just a brush fire." It explains why that didn't immediately look suspicious. I have family in that area, and huge brush/bonfires or burn-piles are NOT an unusual occurrence.

But, what is interesting about this article is that the fire chief says that happened on the 19th, NOT the 18th like RR stated in her interview that we have in the search warrant packet. If the fire happened on the 19th (not the 18th), and then the fire department was called back the next morning to help search, what they witnessed would have most definitely been the body being burned (maybe not the first round, but one of the subsequent burnings of the bones). It will be interesting to see if the police can find any records of RR actually going to the dr and filling her prescription on the 19th, or if that was all just a story. Those dates were relayed in the "interview" section of the packet, so they wouldn't necessarily have been fact-checked to be recorded as "evidence" yet. I'm trying to think of what motivation RR would have for lying about the date of the fire, though? If the fire department had been called out, surely she would know that the date of the fire was on record? I'm not sure that any of that is of any significance, but starting to see little lies here and there about the days leading up to the "disappearance" will be interesting to piece together as she tries to concoct a defense story.

Also, from the same article, there's this:
Leckie and Ruud were well-known to the Theodosia firefighters. Leckie is a junior firefighter with the department, said Jeffery. Ruud also serves as a firefighter.

RR was a firefighter! She KNOWS fires. She would know about accelerants without creating a suspicious web-search history. She would know how to make remains most difficult to find using a fire situation.

I'll double check but I'm pretty sure the prescription bottle dated the 19th was listed under items taken in the warrant packet

I looked and didn't see it on warrant! Sorry about that

So, I found something interesting related to this. I only found one article that reported this, but apparently someone had called the local fire department about the out of control "brush fire" and it HAD been checked out that day.

Here's the write-up: (https://www.westplainsdailyquill.net/news/local/article_fd50d4fc-7e96-11e7-b93b-2bd3f31c37cc.html)

Also interesting to note that he does not specifically say ANYTHING about seeing Savannah at the time they arrived.

It would seem to me this being widely known as the basis of RR's claim Savannah ran, that the commentor would have noted SOMETHING about Savannah either seeming distraught or upset, assisting with the fire control.. SOMETHING.

But.. total crickets.

Also interesting to note that he does not specifically say ANYTHING about seeing Savannah at the time they arrived.

It would seem to me this being widely known as the basis of RR's claim Savannah ran, that the commentor would have noted SOMETHING about Savannah either seeming distraught or upset, assisting with the fire control.. SOMETHING.

But.. total crickets.

Agree. where was Savannah at the time the fire department was there checking this out of control fire? if RR and JP were well-known to them (and had a good rapport) they probably didn't have any reason to ask/see the girl.

I think the body was already at least partially burned. :mad: RR probably had a big sigh of relief when she got away with that day passing muster.

IS RR's new husband a firefighter too? Along with all of the above, she gave Savannah's laptop to a firefighter instead of giving it to the police, even though she knew the police were looking for the laptop. The laptop supposedly has a week of history missing.

Agree. where was Savannah at the time the fire department was there checking this out of control fire? if RR and JP were well-known to them (and had a good rapport) they probably didn't have any reason to ask/see the girl.

I think the body was already at least partially burned. :mad: RR probably had a big sigh of relief when she got away with that day passing muster.

I wonder if anyone else in that community was aware of Savannah coming to live with RR? They may not have known to even ask about her.....

It really is heartbreaking that this beautiful child was most likely already gone.

I wonder if anyone else in that community was aware of Savannah coming to live with RR? They may not have known to even ask about her.....

Savannah was going through their junior firefighter program, and RR discussed their family life and posted pics on FB. So, there were definitely some people in the community who knew that she was living with them. BUT, I'm under the impression that she didn't really have any friends or social contacts her age due to the combination of homeschooling and the difficulties with social interaction from being on the autism spectrum.

Savannah was going through their junior firefighter program, and RR discussed their family life and posted pics on FB. So, there were definitely some people in the community who knew that she was living with them. BUT, I'm under the impression that she didn't really have any friends or social contacts her age due to the combination of homeschooling and the difficulties with social interaction from being on the autism spectrum.

I do barely recall that. Will see if I can find us a link......

Can't copy from this article for some reason, but it does state that "Leckie and RUUD were well known to Thodosia Firefighters. Leckie is a junior fire fighter; RUUD is a firefighter. "

I don't know about RP -- any link to something confirming he is a firefighter?

https://www.westplainsdailyquill.ne...71a-7d62-11e7-b37b-7b36a056dc78.html?mode=jqm

I can't be certain this is the right RP Jr, it there are pics with captions showing his name in at least one. 2016
http://ffam.org/2016/11/04/ozark-county-mutual-aid-fire-and-rescue-association/

ETA:
and this one lists RP Sr. as the Caney Mountain fire chief in 2015.
http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_52c71128-1065-11e5-b6f6-1f8112664737.html?mode=jqm

in 1989 RP SR. was one of the first upon an accident involving the death of his own son (brother to RP Jr.). http://www.operationstop.com/terrywaynepeat.shtml

Oooooooooh, wait a minute! Found this:
http://westplainsfd.org/calendar/category/training/list/?tribe_event_display=past&tribe_paged=1

CR16162 Vehicle Rescue: Technician

December 11, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - December 13, 2015 @ 12:00 pm
Ozark County Ambulance Base, 1261 County Road 806
Gainesville, MO 65655 United States + Google Map

Course Date(s) and Time(s): Fri, 11 Dec 2015 — 6pm - 10pm Sat, 12 Dec 2015 — 8am - 5pm Sun, 13 Dec 2015 — 8am - 12pm The location for this delivery is: Ozark County Ambulance Base 1261 County Road 806 Gainesville, MO 65655 Mutual Aid Region G The Host Agency for this deliver is: Caney Mount Volunteer Fire Department Contact person is Robert Peat and can be contacted at -------------

I do NOT know if this is the same RP. But, it is worth sleuthing around a bit.

Edit: That's his father, who is a fire chief. Read comments on this page: http://www.operationstop.com/terrywaynepeat.shtml

Edit edit: oops, redundancy! Apparently Spellbound and I were on the same train of thought at the same time! :)

I can't be certain this is the right RP Jr, it there are pics with captions showing his name in at least one. 2016
http://ffam.org/2016/11/04/ozark-county-mutual-aid-fire-and-rescue-association/

ETA:
and this one lists RP Sr. as the Caney Mountain fire chief in 2015.
http://www.ozarkcountytimes.com/news/article_52c71128-1065-11e5-b6f6-1f8112664737.html?mode=jqm

One pic at the first link says Robert Peat Jr and I think that's the suspect. There is another group pic that says "Bob Peat" which could be him or it could be that his father goes by Bob. ETA: Oh I think your 2nd link clears things up. So RR and RP have very close connections at the fire dept....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back