MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have to see the quote/proof on cars moved. Sounds very rumor-y.

Do you mean the one who described the house on Friday with all the cars there and Levitt with a man wearing a cowboy hat?
In that article the cars were parked at a Glenstone ave. Business adjoined to but not in front Sherrills.

Do you mean the one who described the house on Friday with all the cars there and Levitt with a man wearing a cowboy hat?
The believe it was reported in the Aug 3, 1992 Springfield News-Leader as one of the Unresolved Inconsistencies. They listed I think, three areas of concern. Resolved Issues, Unresolved Issues, and Things they wanted to investigate further. I believe this is right. And I'm pretty sure they listed the cars being seen by one of their friends parked differently than they were found to be later, as one of the Inconsistencies because one person saw them parked one way, and another set of people found them parked a different way. Not sure if the police felt it was a valid accurate sighting by the first person, but they at least had someone saying that things were seen to be different at the house, then they were found to be later. I wish I had a way to scan the article in to my computer and up load it. I'll try to find the article, and check it again to make sure that's where I remembered seeing that.

It wasn't Rumor'e. It was defiantly reported by a friend of theirs that had driven by the house. Police stated it publicly in an article, shortly after the crime occurred. I promise I read that, and I think others can back that up. At least that police had made that statement.

Found what you meant.

Uploaded it.

Not sure it is credible though. Who is looking at cars at 3:45 in the morning and remembering details about how they're parked? Odd tip honestly. And can't be assured as credible. Cops never confirm this to be true.

I agree cars were parked odd. But I believe that to be because the driveway may have been occupied by the perps. Or intended to be occupied by someone (like maybe Levitt instructed the girls to move them when they got there).

I 100% think the crime scene was staged. Purses tell the story.

Attachments

• cars.PNG
    cars.PNG
    193.9 KB · Views: 28
  • cars2.PNG
    cars2.PNG
    147.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
And I wonder why Cox fabricated an alibi that his girlfriend later recanted....

Not that I think Cox was directly involved, but just what the hell was he up to that weekend?? Girlfriend claims he told her to back him up, but she doesn't really know where he was or what he was doing.
The worst part is you just take his gf word they were at Church ? How about go over there and interview the congregation or at least the staff . I don’t know for a fact that they didn’t... but I never heard they had

3MW was carefully committed and handled. And still handled... it was definitely planned too.

Crimes done on a whim are more likely to have evidence left behind. Undoubtedly.

Don’t feel Cox did this because his other crimes show he leaves lots of evidence and can barely handle one woman.

Last edited:
Cox’s MO has always been one woman and he leaves loads of evidence in every crime he committed.

3MW was carefully committed and handled. And still handled... it was definitely planned too.
Cox definitely botched to some degree every abduction he did .
By the same token , are we to believe that SG made 3 women disappear without a trace and 14 months later assault a SMS co-Ed not kill or abduct her and get caught ? Both the MO’s of those crimes are drastically different .

Cox definitely botched to some degree every abduction he did .
By the same token , are we to believe that SG made 3 women disappear without a trace and 14 months later assault a SMS co-Ed not kill or abduct her and get caught ? Both the MO’s of those crimes are drastically different .
I don’t believe SG did the crime. But he did have knowledge of things and connections to criminal network and known to have a weapon. (He was in jail for a gun charge in 1992).

Why do you suppose cops loved his “prime knowledge” so much? And why did a judge sign off on a GJ to question him and two cohorts of his? And multiple gag orders to boot...?

Don’t want anyone to stop discussing their thoughts.

I just wish people would post something new about Janelle beyond initial suspicions because we’re talking in circles.

<modsnip: sleuthing social media of anyone other than victim or POI/suspect is a violation of Websleuths TOS>

Something new would be nice. MOO

People want the Teen Cleanup Crew’s alibi but are they even suspects? Cops looked into them I’m sure really early and ruled them out. Probably why they moved on to actual criminals with criminal capacity. Not dopey slurry teens who would leave evidence all over the place. MOO

I can give you a list all day long of “ dopey teens “ younger than these folks that committed murders . That’s just being naïve .

You keep glossing over jk , changing her story , weather it’s lying , forgetfulness or what ever . That’s what everyone on here keeps telling you . And , as previously mentioned though she keeps changing the timeline it’s an Important fact to the case . Pointing that out isn’t sleuthing .

Not glossing over. I’ve spent thousands of hours looking into her and her friends. Decades into this case as a whole. She’s not that important and leads nowhere to the perps, IMO. I met her once even. And talked to people who knew Henson and questioned cops about her mother hearing the girls leave etc.

I’ve personally interviewed people at the Elder and Joy party too.

I don’t believe SG did the crime. But he did have knowledge of things and connections to criminal network and known to have a weapon. (He was in jail for a gun charge in 1992).

Why do you suppose cops loved his “prime knowledge” so much? And why did a judge sign off on a GJ to question him and two cohorts of his? And multiple gag orders to boot...?
You need probable case to send a case up
, for sure . It wasn’t enough evidence apparently to convince a GJ though of a true bill . That they never got anymore , to send up again is concerning .

If Suzie was the target of that crew they would have had to follow her around all night , bc of the several change of plans .

I’d like to know if there was any evidence the girls made a stop from battlefield to Delmar . Wether for gas , potty break , cigs through any receipts , trash , ect , in their cars or purses .

Not glossing over. I’ve spent thousands of hours looking into her and her friends. Decades into this case as a whole. She’s not that important and leads nowhere to the perps, IMO. I met her once even. And talked to people who knew Henson and questioned cops about her mother hearing the girls leave etc.

I’ve personally interviewed people at the Elder and Joy party too.
Fair enough . You live / lived in spfd ?

Fair enough . You live / lived in spfd ?
Yes. North side.

I think cops don’t mess around with Garrison or his buddies if he doesn’t have info. I think they were close and just didn’t get enough. He had intimate knowledge at any rate... so why does he have knowledge? Please explain that. And how does he link to the women?

Last edited:
So I had screen grabbed some of the articles and a few things I find strange about Janelle.

for the posters who don’t think she is guilty then you can ignore what I say.

Janelle let Mike knock to avoid the broken glass

Janelle saw the purses lined up in the house leading down into the bedroom with the purses and keys for the cars and “she didn’t think anything of it”

they wondered if they should lock the house up but decided not to as it would be embarrassing to lock them out of their own home. Then at this stage it seems they cleaned up the broken glass and oddly not before that as I would of thought as soon as you walked in you would swept the broken glass up.

They then apparently drove around and asked around to see if there was a local swimming pool because who doesn’t want to go to swimming with no money , on foot and in Stacey’s case in underwear and they was all in such a rush to go swimming they left the house unlocked as well and the front door keys behind as well.

If both of them are innocent then their stupidity is off the charts. I mean even if one of you is a stupid idiot why didn’t the other one pipe up and say “hold on a moment here this just doesn’t add up”;)

IMO

Last edited:
So I had screen grabbed some of the articles and a few things I find strange about Janelle.

Janelle saw the purses lined up in the house leading down into the bedroom with the purses and keys for the cars and “she didn’t think anything of it”

they wondered if they should lock the house up but decided not to as it would be embarrassing to lock them out of their own home. Then at this stage it seems they cleaned up the broken glass and oddly not before that as I would of thought as soon as you walked in you would swept the broken glass up.

They then apparently drove around and asked around to see if there was a local swimming pool because who doesn’t want to go to swimming with no money , on foot and in Stacey’s case in underwear and they was all in such a rush to go swimming they left the house unlocked as well and the front door keys behind as well.

If both of them are innocent then their stupidity is off the charts. I mean even if one of you is a stupid idiot why didn’t the other one pipe up and say “hold on a moment here this just doesn’t add up”;)

Thank for breaking this into parts. Interesting. I don't think Janelle is guilty persé. I'm not even that far with anybody mentioned in this case. I just find some things odd, trying to understand. Trying to stay away from tunnel vision.

IMO
I don't personally believe she's guilty of anything directly related to their disappearance, but you raise some interesting points that probably should and maybe were picked apart. I'd like to think she was questioned thoroughly, especially being the first one to discover them missing.

The way I've tried to justify her actions is that she had a guilty conscience when she went over to Sherrill's. Maybe there had been tension at the party, which is why she didn't let Suzie stay there, and Stacy perhaps felt bad about letting her go home by herself. She refers to Suzie as "the other girl" in early interviews after the disappearance - her body language in those clips (to me) doesn't seem evasive, it seems like she's insecure at the prospect of not being part of whatever Suzie and Stacy were doing, wherever they were. Her mind not really processing the idea that they could be gone, never to return.

I think in the Disappeared episode also it was mentioned that the three of them would usually hang together, but not necessarily Suzie and Stacy on their own together - whether it was Janis or Janelle that said that, I can't recall. Suzie and Stacy leave together, Janelle isn't happy about it. She calls the house in the morning, gets no answer, maybe leaves some messages she regrets, and when she doesn't get an answer, goes over there. My thinking from there is that she snoops the phone, deletes any messages may or may not have left - the cleaning of the glass is either to clear her conscience or *genuinely* because she was barefoot and figured the others would be too. As for the purses, I never took mine to a waterpark - so maybe she figures they went with other friends of Suzie's. I think she also described Cinnamon as being locked up in the bathroom, which perhaps should have been more of a cause for concern when you combine it with everything else she witnessed at the house. As to why she didn't call the police there and then... well, if only we knew.

Again, all of this is just my instinct - and it's not in any way meant to counter or discredit others who feel differently. I just don't feel she holds the answers needed to solve this one.

Don't want to be a bore but I'm still pondering on what the motive was/could have been....
I seek help through reading theories about kidnappings.... NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

The first step in choosing a management strategy for a kidnapping case is to identify the kidnapper’s motivation, which is concerned with why the kidnapper engaged in the abduction. The motivation may be “instrumental,” i.e., in order to achieve some tangible benefit, such as to obtain money or obtain the release of compatriots. “Expressive” motivation means the kidnapping or possession of the person kidnapped is an end in itself, such as displaying power over the person or victimizing the person. A second aspect of most kidnappings is some form of communication that can be used to assist in determining the motive and the degree of danger the motive poses for the kidnap victim. Assessing the dynamics of the kidnapping is a third important aspect. In an instrumental kidnapping, the dynamics favor the survival of the kidnap victim, since the victim being alive is essential to the possibility of obtaining the benefit desired. Expressive kidnappings, on the other hand, pose more danger for the victim, since harming the victim may be part of the expressive purpose of the kidnapping. The selection of the appropriate management strategy for the response to the kidnapping is dependent on the assessment of motivation, incident type, and the dynamics that flow from these factors. Instrumental kidnappings are conducive to negotiation, because the kidnapper is seeking some benefit from the authorities in exchange for the safe return of the victim; however, negotiation is not the management strategy of choice for expressive kidnapping, since the kidnapper is not seeking leverage to gain something from a third party. Such kidnappings require crisis intervention.

In this case it seems to be so called expressive kidnapping, putting the women physically in danger. Ransom was never asked. What could the kidnapper gain with the abduction? Gaining money was obviously not the motive...or am I wrong..?

Thank for breaking this into parts. Interesting. I don't think Janelle is guilty persé. I'm not even that far with anybody mentioned in this case. I just find some things odd, trying to understand. Trying to stay away from tunnel vision.

I just find it strange she is the last one with them before they vanish and her mum so conveniently wakes up at 2am and hears the girls leave as well and then first on the scene the next day and then despite the house being totally deserted with all the evidence on display that actually they should be at home and then Janelle just shrugged her shoulders and thought the most logical conclusion was “they all went to the swimming” - I mean seriously WTH

let’s also not forget Janelle snooped around that house and Stacey’s clothing that Janelle saw only hours before on Stacey was all folded up at the bottom of Suzie's bed so again either incredibly thick or she would of know that Stacey couldn’t of gone anywhere with no clothes on.
It’s been stated somewhere that both girls were very different sizes and I think you can even establish that in photographs as well that Stacey could not fit in Suzie’s clothes and being friends with both women Janelle would of know that as well.

I understand this was a different time but even so it was the 90’s and not 1940.

Last edited:
I don't personally believe she's guilty of anything directly related to their disappearance, but you raise some interesting points that probably should and maybe were picked apart. I'd like to think she was questioned thoroughly, especially being the first one to discover them missing.

The way I've tried to justify her actions is that she had a guilty conscience when she went over to Sherrill's. Maybe there had been tension at the party, which is why she didn't let Suzie stay there, and Stacy perhaps felt bad about letting her go home by herself. She refers to Suzie as "the other girl" in early interviews after the disappearance - her body language in those clips (to me) doesn't seem evasive, it seems like she's insecure at the prospect of not being part of whatever Suzie and Stacy were doing, wherever they were. Her mind not really processing the idea that they could be gone, never to return.

I think in the Disappeared episode also it was mentioned that the three of them would usually hang together, but not necessarily Suzie and Stacy on their own together - whether it was Janis or Janelle that said that, I can't recall. Suzie and Stacy leave together, Janelle isn't happy about it. She calls the house in the morning, gets no answer, maybe leaves some messages she regrets, and when she doesn't get an answer, goes over there. My thinking from there is that she snoops the phone, deletes any messages may or may not have left - the cleaning of the glass is either to clear her conscience or *genuinely* because she was barefoot and figured the others would be too. As for the purses, I never took mine to a waterpark - so maybe she figures they went with other friends of Suzie's. I think she also described Cinnamon as being locked up in the bathroom, which perhaps should have been more of a cause for concern when you combine it with everything else she witnessed at the house. As to why she didn't call the police there and then... well, if only we knew.

Again, all of this is just my instinct - and it's not in any way meant to counter or discredit others who feel differently. I just don't feel she holds the answers needed to solve this one.

Well said...what I did understand, Suzie and Stacy were not bf's. They knew each other through Janelle. IIRR Janis said that somewhere. For me it felt somehow that Janis disapproved this friendship, although it wasn't really put in words, correct me if I'm wrong, could have lost track because of all the information) But what would you know as a mother.....for sure not everything your girl is doing or with who. Maybe Janelle had doubts about Stacy leaving with Suzie or as you said felt somehow guilty not looking after her. If my friends wouldn't come to my house for an appointment I would call first to check out what was going on and after unable to reach them getting impatient, maybe even annoyed because we had planned a nice day together I would go to their house (I guess Mike showed her the way, she said she never went there before) ....nothing weird with that. I wouldn't even call the police immediately, we are talking about grown ups....I wouldn't think the worst immediately....Also completely logical to me... My gut feeling says Janelle knows something, the dynamics on the party...maybe even things the girls had secretly planned....guys who made a pass....whatever....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader