MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might have been a cop but he left SPD 3 years after the crime. He is on TV talking about it 27 years later. He throws around accusations that affect real people.
What has Asher done that makes you hold him in such high esteem?
I don't hold him in high regard. I just said a few posts before that he treats Bartt wrongly.

I'm stating facts that he was a cop until he retired. The SPD hold him in high regard. Not me.

And it doesn't matter how he treats Bartt or shows favoritism with McCalls over him. Only the truth matters. Is he lying? Just because you armchair psychologically decided he's creepy, doesn't mean he is lying. We must know if he is. Or if Mike Clay is.

I don't care about Asher. I just care about what's true and why people are lying. Because two different things are said.

I don't hold him in high regard. I just said a few posts before that he treats Bartt wrongly.

I'm stating facts that he was a cop until he retired. The SPD hold him in high regard. Not me.

And it doesn't matter how he treats Bartt or shows favoritism with McCalls over him. Only the truth matters. Is he lying? Just because you armchair psychologically decided he's creepy, doesn't mean he is lying. We must know if he is. Or if Mike Clay is.

I don't care about Asher. I just care about what's true and why people are lying. Because two different things are said.

You speak about him often and seem to imply others are lying. Besides being on TV what makes you think he is held in high regard. I'm curious about his career. What has he achieved?

Asher gave me the creeps when he was looking at your sister's pictures on the 1992 48 hours. That might just be me. PI was a joke but also really messed up. You were sacrificed for TV ratings. If they couldn't get basic facts like the cars they were driving and even the house how do they expect to jog people's memories? That probably wasn't the intent unfortunately. I hope you are okay after watching that.
Is what they did to you slander?

Libel is written, slander is spoken- could also be defamation of character.

In this type of situation who do you sue? Most of his statements were probably taken out of context, edited for sensationalism.
Who do I sue? ID network, NBC or David Asher?

I'm 55 years old, my time and energy is far to valuable to get caught up in these type of frustrations, plus I'm sure I'll outlive Mr. Asher. I'll get the last TV word.

In this type of situation who do you sue? Most of his statements were probably taken out of context, edited for sensationalism.

I'm 55 years old, my time and energy is far to valuable to get caught up in these type of frustrations, plus I'm sure I'll outlive Mr. Asher. I'll get the last TV word.

Good way to look at things. Even if a lawsuit isn't about money it could force a change in the way shows like that are aired. It was irresponsible. You can always check in with a lawyer and you might not have to do a thing. Just a thought.

You should sue SPD in civil court.

Building a Case to Sue the Police: Difficult But Not Impossible

Here's a link about it. You could sue them for misconduct. Especially if you have proof of your interactions from the earlier days up to now. Your energy in doing so would not be wasted.

At any rate, moving this off SPD and to the federal level or another jurisdiction is going to be the quickest way to solve the case.

I've never heard a detective make the statement that my sister's car was used in either the perpetration of the grave robbery or used when the gold was pawned. The
only place I heard of my sister testifying in the grave robbery case was in online forums.
I never heard it from the SPD or a detective with the SPD I was somewhat surprised and confused by Asher's tv statemt, if it is true there should have been a lot more contact with the police interviewing her a district attorney ect. and I've never seen any documentation that would prove that. Quite perplexing.

I was somewhat surprised and confused by Asher's tv statemt, if it is true there should have been a lot more contact with the police interviewing her a district attorney ect. and I've never seen any documentation that would prove that. Quite perplexing.
Yes, I find this odd too.

You should definitely be getting answers from SPD about this matter.

Yes like Jennifer Kesse parents sued Orlando PD for everything they had on the case, they won! I really wish the FBI would take over, 27 years is long enough to prove SPD can’t solve this.

Jennifer Kesse’s family also had to wait 13 years and pay over $18,000 for all the files related to the case. I don’t think Bartt should have to pay to have the files released because of the failure the SD police department has done with this case. If anything he should sue the department to release them for free because of the horrible job they have done. It’s becoming more apparent to me that someone in the inside might have something to do with the disappearances. Either that or they are related to the person.

Jennifer Kesse’s family also had to wait 13 years and pay over $18,000 for all the files related to the case. I don’t think Bartt should have to pay to have the files released because of the failure the SD police department has done with this case. If anything he should sue the department to release them for free because of the horrible job they have done. It’s becoming more apparent to me that someone in the inside might have something to do with the disappearances. Either that or they are related to the person.

If they didn't do it they are more interested in covering their butts than solving this case.

Don’t want to get off topic here or a TOS violation , but there Aren’t many similarities in the cases . With Kesse the responding Officers , blew it off and left saying she has an argument with a BF . Also back then it was common place to have some arbitrary time ( 24-48) before initiating a missing persons case . I get why , every time some skips school, work, has an affair, they’re wasting resources for honest cases that need it . Thankful now though there are policies how quickly to get someone entered missing on the computer .

Was I the only one that thought Asher health looks very poor ? Surprised he was even on.

Asher's health has nothing to do with what was said.

Was Suzie's car used or not? It's a very important piece of information.

Are we supposed to believe detective Asher, only a few years removed from retirement has such poor cognitive abilities that suspects in the case are the truthful ones and not the cops?

Need hard proof from SPD on the matter re: Dustin's alibi and Suzie's car. Bottom line. Nothing from the Clays. Nothing from Asher. Get SPD confirmation and post it to this board.

Asher drops a bombshell piece of information and the first inclination is "he's creepy!" "he's senile!!!" Huh?

I believe a van was used as the paper boy saw a van parked up a street over.

he would of down his rounds enough to notice a van that stood out like a sore thumb.

I believe a van was used as the paper boy saw a van parked up a street over.

he would of down his rounds enough to notice a van that stood out like a sore thumb.
Having once rented a house on Portland St. not far from where the women lived, I can tell you that tons and tons of work vans are used in this town at all hours. The paper boy could have seen anything. And how are we sure multiple cars weren't used? The neighborhood next to 1717 Delmar was affluent and one of the richest old money parts of the city. All the Brown Derby workers have service vans. Utility workers are out at all hours of the night. I had more than a few run-ins with them on Portland and Delaware.

Even if a van was used, what does it get us knowing that? I mean at this point, you're going to need more proof than a vehicle. Need blood. DNA. Pictures. Etc. It's too late in the game for the vehicle to mean much now. That would have only been useful in the first few months/maybe the first year.

Last edited:

Are we supposed to believe detective Asher, only a few years removed from retirement has such poor cognitive abilities that suspects in the case are the truthful ones and not the cops?

Need hard proof from SPD on the matter re: Dustin's alibi and Suzie's car. Bottom line. Nothing from the Clays. Nothing from Asher. Get SPD confirmation and post it to this board.

Asher drops a bombshell piece of information and the first inclination is "he's creepy!" "he's senile!!!" Huh?

It wasn't used.

Having once rented a house on Portland St. not far from where the women lived, I can tell you that tons and tons of work vans are used in this town at all hours. The paper boy could have seen anything. And how are we sure multiple cars weren't used? The neighborhood next to 1717 Delmar was affluent and one of the richest old money parts of the city. All the Brown Derby workers have service vans. Utility workers are out at all hours of the night. I had more than a few run-ins with them on Portland and Delaware.

Even if a van was used, what does it get us knowing that? I mean at this point, you're going to need more proof than a vehicle. Need blood. DNA. Pictures. Etc. It's too late in the game for the vehicle to mean much now. That would have only been useful in the first few months/maybe the first year.

Multiple cars surely would of stood out like a sore thumb even at that time of the morning, no?

Stay with the evidence. What makes 3 women leave the relative safety of a home, presumably in various states of undress? A flaming crackhead they could overtake or outrun? A really suave talker? No. A gun. A person with a gun.
Who is that person? Could be anyone.
But would a complete stranger pull up to a house (even if after following Suzie and Stacy home from afar) not knowing who else is inside? No.
Maybe someone who knew Sherill was home and probably not a threat. Or who knew the only other likely inhabitant was Suzie. If so, why?
The electric company/ gas company "you must evacuate now!" premise also doesn't work...most wouldn't leave their dog behind, and certainly
wouldn't put the dog in a closed bathroom.

Once you get that report, please share it !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia