MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! The more I study this case I always come back to those closest to the women. I ask myself what would be the easiest way this crime could have happened. Perhaps a small group of friends went back to Sherrill's house to hangout. OK. I know there is a "Stigma" about people who try drugs. To some extent I get it, but IMO it's a very 50's concept. I remember a very shy sixteen-year-old version of myself who caved into smoking illegal grass for the first time with a few friends back in Highschool in 2012. It happens. I've always asked myself, aside from Rape, what could be a motive for this crime? So here you go. At some point that evening a small group of 6 or fewer people heads back to Suzie's house. (Could possibly explain the cars.) JK or MH convenience one or both of the girls to try a substance and Suzie ODs.) Sherrill rightfully freaks out about going to the police and in the heat of the moment, someone incapacitates her. Either Stacy won't agree to keep quiet (This is either later on or during the beginning.) and is incapacitated as well, or she also OD. An adult is contacted (KK and RK) and the house is staged to seem as if the women were abducted. Those that hung out with the girls the night before make sure to head to the house on 6/7 so their fingerprints can be explained. All of this is JMO and my theories of this crime change hourly. No one wants to think more than one person could keep quiet about this crime, or that teenagers could fool the FBI, but so far this case has remained an absolute mystery for almost thirty years. It's rare people like this get lucky, but out of all the bizarre things to happen in this world, who knows?

LOL! The more I study this case I always come back to those closest to the women. I ask myself what would be the easiest way this crime could have happened. Perhaps a small group of friends went back to Sherrill's house to hangout. OK. I know there is a "Stigma" about people who try drugs. To some extent I get it, but IMO it's a very 50's concept. I remember a very shy sixteen-year-old version of myself who caved into smoking illegal grass for the first time with a few friends back in Highschool in 2012. It happens. I've always asked myself, aside from Rape, what could be a motive for this crime? So here you go. At some point that evening a small group of 6 or fewer people heads back to Suzie's house. (Could possibly explain the cars.) JK or MH convenience one or both of the girls to try a substance and they OD. Sherrill rightfully freaks out about going to the police and in the heat of the moment, someone incapacitates her. Either Stacy won't agree to keep quiet (This is either later on or during the beginning.) and is incapacitated as well, or she also OD. An adult is contacted (KK and RK) and the house is staged to seem as if the women were abducted. Those that hung out with the girls the night before make sure to head to the house on 6/7 so their fingerprints can be explained. All of this is JMO and my theories of this crime change hourly. No one wants to think more than one person could keep quiet about this crime, or that teenagers could fool the FBI, but so far this case has remained an absolute mystery for almost thirty years. It's rare people like this get lucky, but out of all the bizarre things to happen in this world, who knows?
While I can appreciate your devotion, to this case & your creativity, in thinking, outside the box. I gotta say,"naw", my friend. What did they do with the bodies? Whoever did this, owned or lived at property, relatively close, to the kidnapping location. (Say, 15-30 minute drive, max). I don't think, they drove, to far, for fear of discovery, via a traffic stop. I even tend to believe, the murderers, may have took a test run. That's part of why, they pulled it off, so slick.

Too many moving parts. Take the after the after-party, make the gathering elsewhere in Springfield and, at it, unknown events transpiring which would lead back to the house on Delmar, and work back from there to fill in the blanks.

Thanks @Lester Moran ! I hadn't thought of that! @Boston Corbett I've thought of that as well. I know people will disagree with me, but I somewhat belive the APOC sighting. I smoked cigarettes from 2014-2017 and I used to always go to the same place, and although I didn't "know them" I recognized the cashiers. I know this is wild, but I believe the porch light could have fallen after Sherrill slammed the door to go search for Suzie.

Thanks @Lester Moran ! I hadn't thought of that! @Boston Corbett I've thought of that as well. I know people will disagree with me, but I somewhat belive the APOC sighting. I smoked cigarettes from 2014-2017 and I used to always go to the same place, and although I didn't "know them" I recognized the cashiers. I know this is wild, but I believe the porch light could have fallen after Sherrill slammed the door to go search for Suzie.

I always wondered if the porchlight cover was loose and maybe it fell when Janelle was knocking on the door. She could have slammed a door too. That would explain why her and MH cleaned it up. If you find a door unlocked and glass in front of it with no one home that should set off alarm bells. If it broke behind Sherrill as she was leaving to look for Suzie it would have been something she would take care of when she got home. I think some of the sightings should be reevaluated.

I think money was involved. Following it might have been too labyrinthine a task for SPD - many twists and turns, perhaps, nothing straight and narrow here. I would hope they reviewed extensively those with reason to have done this, to have participated at any level - all components of them and of theirs.

Also, meant to ask, in which of the canonical mystery sightings from that night (the van etc.) do you believe? Any of them?

While I can appreciate your devotion, to this case & your creativity, in thinking, outside the box. I gotta say,"naw", my friend. What did they do with the bodies? Whoever did this, owned or lived at property, relatively close, to the kidnapping location. (Say, 15-30 minute drive, max). I don't think, they drove, to far, for fear of discovery, via a traffic stop. I even tend to believe, the murderers, may have took a test run. That's part of why, they pulled it off, so slick.

I would not be attempting to drive an old van to south of Cassville with 3 abductees in it for that very reason , just asking to get stopped .

Plus , Robb’s Murder trial was set to start that week . Can you image gj3
( telephone ) Ring ring HI Tim we got 3 body’s can we dump them on your property ? While dads Murder trial is starting ?
Even for two bit criminals that’s Epically Stupid.

I think money was involved. Following it might have been too labyrinthine a task for SPD - many twists and turns, perhaps, nothing straight and narrow here. I would hope they reviewed extensively those with reason to have done this, to have participated at any level - all components of them and of theirs.

Also, meant to ask, in which of the canonical mystery sightings from that night (the van etc.) do you believe? Any of them?
None of them, with the exception, of "POSSIBLY", the paper delivery guy.

I would not be attempting to drive an old van to south of Cassville with 3 abductees in it for that very reason , just asking to get stopped .

Plus , Robb’s Murder trial was set to start that week . Can you image gj3
( telephone ) Ring ring HI Tim we got 3 body’s can we dump them on your property ? While dads Murder trial is starting ?
Even for two bit criminals that’s Epically Stupid.
Exactly, concerning Cassville or any fairly small town. I got pulled over, there, once, at 2amish. Nobody else on the road. Stopped at stop sign, at the square. (Full stop). Cop was sitting there. Followed me all the way on 112, to city limit sign. Then hit the blue lights. I got 2 tickets, non moving, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I just think, that time period, would be risky, going thru smalltown after smalltown, to get to Cville or any town, too far away. I absolutely agree, Eagle. & btw, I got out of the tickets. LOL

It pains me to say this bit I think Asher was right all along. We are not the best of buds even though he claims not to know me.

This is my latest thinking. Was semi-planned. Likely involved three individuals but only one would have been allowed in. Could have been more than three total but that seems about right. At the actual kill site there could have been numerous individuals. One has to consider the Rogersville site. Six people are known to have been killed there.

The one who could have gotten in would not IMO have gotten in had Suzie not arrived. Sherrill would never have let him in if she were by herself. And certainly not with the friends he had along.

This individual is extremely intelligent. He is also an unusually good liar. I am almost 100% sure we have crossed paths.

I think there was a van and I think it went out on Cherry Street all the way to the Rogersville area. Although the crime scene was obviously staged no money was taken. Considering all the known motives, only one other stands out.

I’ll leave it there.

Last edited:
It pains me to say this bit I think Asher was right all along. We are not the best of buds even though he claims not to know me.

This is my latest thinking. Was semi-planned. Likely involved three individuals but only one would have been allowed in. Could have been more than three total but that seems about right. At the actual kill site there could have been numerous individuals. One has to consider the Rogersville site. Six people are known to have been killed there.

The one who could have gotten in would not IMO have gotten in had Suzie not arrived. Sherrill would never have let him in if she were by herself. And certainly not with the friends he had along.

This individual is extremely intelligent. He is also an unusually good liar. I am almost 100% sure we have crossed paths.

I think there was a van and I think it went out on Cherry Street all the way to the Rogersville area. Although the crime scene was obviously staged no money was taken. Considering all the known motives, only one other stands out.

I’ll leave it there.

Does the person your thinking of have a criminal background where you can say who you think they are?

Does the person your thinking of have a criminal background where you can say who you think they are?

One does that I know of. But he is a bit player.

I would rather not go further. See the original 48 program.

Understand this is a theory. I wasn’t there. But the elements of the crime are there. Motive, means and opportunity.

The matter of the van cruising the neighborhood and the transient are still in question.

Can anyone provide a working link to the 48 Hours episode and/or the name of the 48 Hours episode. Thanks!
Did LE search outside on the side of the house or in the back of the house for their bodies? Whoever did this had time to dig deep.

Thanks for that @Nixaeagle ! I will never give up trying to get their names out there. I’m going to rewatch the original 48 hours. Nancy grace hasn’t replied to me, but I want to go bigger. I want to find a way to get this case trending with the hopes of getting someone to look with a fresh set of eyes.

I think there was a van and I think it went out on Cherry Street all the way to the Rogersville area.
Why Cherry St? That means they'd have to head North on Glenstone, a major thoroughfare, for a not insignificant distance before turning and heading East. Hard to know if they would be nervous about using that road at that time of night? And how does Cherry St. get you to Rogersville? It seems to stop long before it gets that far.

Last edited:
Why Cherry St? That means they'd have to head North on Glenstone, a major thoroughfare, for a not insignificant distance before turning and heading East. Hard to know if they would be nervous about using that road at that time of night? And how does Cherry St. get you ro Rogersville? It seems to stop long before it gets that far.

Delmar to Kentwood. Kentwood to Grand. Grand to Oak Grove. Oak Grove to Cherry. Cherry eventually winds all the way out to 125. Then take county road AD to north of Rogersville ending on B. Slightly north to suspected kill site.

I am very familiar with that area having lived near Rogersville. I used to walk most of those roads years ago. Drove those roads many times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member