MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is anyone else's thing, but here is a link to a video I found interesting. 5 More Mysteries solved by the Internet. While I know these crimes are different, and I also believe this crime will not be able to be fully solved by the internet alone, I do believe this video can offer other ways of looking at a case. The reason I'm traveling to Springfield in June is to meet some of the friends involved in this case. Thanks to a few people on this website I was able to find six people on Facebook. I plan on contacting them as politely as possible to ask about their memories of the night.

Not sure if this is anyone else's thing, but here is a link to a video I found interesting. 5 More Mysteries solved by the Internet. While I know these crimes are different, and I also believe this crime will not be able to be fully solved by the internet alone, I do believe this video can offer other ways of looking at a case. The reason I'm traveling to Springfield in June is to meet some of the friends involved in this case. Thanks to a few people on this website I was able to find six people on Facebook. I plan on contacting them as politely as possible to ask about their memories of the night.

If I could make a suggestion and I don’t know if he would agree but I would attempt to meet with Chief Webb, the police chief of Bolivar. If you could get him to speak off the record, he might be able to clear up a number of questions. I have always been impressed with him.

Thank you, Richard. I am interested in speaking with anyone from the class of Kickapoo High that graduated in 92. I have a few things that I want to do, but first I have to make sure I get my ducks in a row. I want to step on toes. To make whoever did this feel uncomfortable that people are still trying to solve this case. I have a plan but do not want to risk it getting back to anyone that may be using this site.

Thank you, Richard. I am interested in speaking with anyone from the class of Kickapoo High that graduated in 92. I have a few things that I want to do, but first I have to make sure I get my ducks in a row. I want to step on toes. To make whoever did this feel uncomfortable that people are still trying to solve this case. I have a plan but do not want to risk it getting back to anyone that may be using this site.

I haven't been in touch with her in several years but you might consider contacting Laura Bauer who last I knew worked at the Kansas City Star. She wrote several columns and I’m sure she is still interested in the case.

You could also try talking to Ron Davis, the reporter and blogger who wrote several columns. He called me and we talked for about 45 minutes. He was interested in Gerald Carnahan. Carnahan is also one of the three top suspects along with Cox and Garrison, although the latter is not a realistic suspect IMO. I am ambivalent about Carnahan. Many thought he was involved. I worked with his wife for several years.

Last edited:
I don't know. I find the clothes odd because of how I would fold them. If I were swimming I would put my rings in my pocket so no one else messed with them. If I was spending the night somewhere else, I leave my earrings or bracelet/watch on top of my clothes just to have easy access the next morning. It's questionable to me why Stacy didn't have an overnight bag unless the police didn't mention it. I also don't know why Stacy wouldn't put her jewelry in her purse.

upload_2020-3-23_21-55-56.png
90567517_875862222884901_8773128819918766080_n.png
90332477_821659488318263_2818911010595799040_n.png
91165806_496520657898650_4858113396282753024_n.png
91207265_546449469581114_2576799366203310080_n.png

Adina, Stacy, Suzie, Janelle and Michelle Elders. Just in case anyone wanted to see.

So do you believe she neatly folded her clothes ? Maybe ? Since she was visiting , but well documented she was sloppy , and Suzie room photos , wasn’t a neat freak either .

I'm a slob. I always have been. The earrings in the pockets of folded shorts is something I would do if I was going swimming. Especially if I wasn't in a bathing suit ,or in a place that I wasn't supposed to be swimming in. It's easy to grab your stuff and run. If Janis had folded up the shorts and found jewelry in the pockets I can't picture her leaving it there. If the shorts were tossed on the floor why would Stacy put earrings in her pockets when she has a purse or could leave things like that on a dresser? MOO

I don't know. I find the clothes odd because of how I would fold them. If I were swimming I would put my rings in my pocket so no one else messed with them. If I was spending the night somewhere else, I leave my earrings or bracelet/watch on top of my clothes just to have easy access the next morning. It's questionable to me why Stacy didn't have an overnight bag unless the police didn't mention it. I also don't know why Stacy wouldn't put her jewelry in her purse.

I also find that odd. Stacy´s shorts were found on the floor, next to the bed with her bra. They were "neatly folded", and the rings were in the pockets. I don´t know what you think about leaving your clothes on the floor. Maybe it´s a cultural thing, but it is not common to leave your clothes on the floor. When I´m not at home, and I can´t put my clothes in the closet,
I put things on a dresser, a chair or a bedside table or some other place, not on the floor.

Yes, I understood your question. My guess is, that there is internet access, in some lockups. Probably depends on the prison. & sure, they sneak in phones, all the time. So, I have to inquire...... If you don't believe the guilty party(s), is/are, in prison. What, exactly, is your theory, assumption, hunch, whatever, you choose to call it? I am always interested, in hearing others thoughts.

My theory is that, first, the three are dead. But one death occurred first (it could have been an accident or an intentional murder). That death ocurred during/after one of the parties. The crime was commited by one or more people and there were some others that were involuntarily involved in the cover up, handling of the corpses, staging of the "crime scene". Maybe one of the two girls was a witness, or someone who wouldn´t cooperate with the group.
These people decided to silence her coz she wouldn´t keep her mouth shut. The last one to die was the mother. Someone went to Delmar and got Sherril out of the house. Then you don´t have one death or two.
You have a case of three women that went missing. A house that is clean, no sign of violence, things in places that shoudn´t be (purses, porch lights). The house is the crime scene, and the focus in on that instead on the places the girls were seen alive for the last time.

My theory is that, first, the three are dead. But one death occurred first (it could have been an accident or an intentional murder). That death ocurred during/after one of the parties. The crime was commited by one or more people and there were some others that were involuntarily involved in the cover up, handling of the corpses, staging of the "crime scene". Maybe one of the two girls was a witness, or someone who wouldn´t cooperate with the group.
These people decided to silence her coz she wouldn´t keep her mouth shut. The last one to die was the mother. Someone went to Delmar and got Sherril out of the house. Then you don´t have one death or two.
You have a case of three women that went missing. A house that is clean, no sign of violence, things in places that shoudn´t be (purses, porch lights). The house is the crime scene, and the focus in on that instead on the places the girls were seen alive for the last time.
That is a different take, for sure. I just don't see, going to delmar, to get Sherrill, as worth the risk.

I haven't been in touch with her in several years but you might consider contacting Laura Bauer who last I knew worked at the Kansas City Star. She wrote several columns and I’m sure she is still interested in the case.

You could also try talking to Ron Davis, the reporter and blogger who wrote several columns. He called me and we talked for about 45 minutes. He was interested in Gerald Carnahan. Carnahan is also one of the three top suspects along with Cox and Garrison, although the latter is not a realistic suspect IMO. I am ambivalent about Carnahan. Many thought he was involved. I worked with his wife for several years.
Missouri Mule, forgive me, if you have already answered this, but why are you so certain, that Garrison is not involved? TIA.

@Alfonsina Storni Great Job! I also have thought about this. Sherrill's window was cracked open because of the varnish. If someone else was parking the girl's cars and she happened to hear it, she could have been the "crime of opportunity" if she came outside. Whoever it was might have acted without thinking and just grabbed her. I've always felt like Sherrill "had to be taken". It could have happened a number of ways, but she could have been the downfall to anyone trying to cover their tracks. Especially if the girls stopped by Delmar to drop off one or both of their cars.

I also agree that one of the girl's deaths could have been an accident. @cherrymeg offered me a new perspective yesterday. I'm hypothetically speaking here. If one of the girls were killed because of Alcohol or Drugs on someone else's property that person could be sued. Neither was old enough to drink. What always spoke to me about this case is motive. Depending on what happened someone could have lost their land, savings, house, and freedom. Not to mention if one of the teenagers gave one of the girls an illegal substance they could also be charged. If they were going to college in the fall this could ruin everything for them. I've mentioned this before, but some parents are willing to do anything for their children. Not to mention self-preservation. If the parent also stood to lose their lifestyle and reputation, this also fuels the motive even deeper.

I don't know what happened that night, and I don't pretend to. Everything I have to offer is just another view beyond the "boogieman" in the area. But I do think all the "van sightings" and other Red Herrings have helped keep this a secret. Cherrymeg also brought up the point that because LE purchased a green van and sat it outside on the lawn, to an extent this permanently linked the van to those in the area at the time. Another thing that hindered this case was the way Sherrill and Suzie were compared to Stacy. Read the articles I posted a few pages back and you can see how people threw all these accusations at them while pitying Stacy. Note, I feel bad for all three of them, but if my family were to go missing and the community I lived in who never met them started accusing them of ludicrous things, I honestly wouldn't know what to do. I just hope that this case is solved, and I believe it can. Again, all of this is JMO, and I know nothing. I just hope the person who did this loses their mind with guilt, and that karma and justice will be served soon. Thinking of them always.

I've been going over the old threads and I think it was in #9 or #13 where I read about a slider/doorwall/whatever - a sliding glass door from Suzie's room to the carport.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, there was some speculation that the girls might have left it open upon retiring. To me, this is just nonsense. I just cannot see a teenage girl doing such a thing, even in 1992...

I found @Missouri Mule discussed the sliding glass door in #5, post 33.

But my question is more to the girls leaving the door open to keep the room cool, assuming there was a screen door....

Missouri Mule, forgive me, if you have already answered this, but why are you so certain, that Garrison is not involved? TIA.

I’m not certain of anything. However two sources I regard as reliable have said he was not there. He may have been involved after the fact. And if memory serves me correctly he was from the Rogersville area and I’m sure any news out of there, (the probable kill site) he would likely have caught wind of it.

The scenarios I believe are most likely based on known facts would be :

1). Someone who Sherrill would trust. (What I said above.)

2). A cop.

3). A lone perp who has kept silent and has no police record. Has been described as a sexual deviant.

@Alfonsina Storni Great Job! I also have thought about this. Sherrill's window was cracked open because of the varnish. If someone else was parking the girl's cars and she happened to hear it, she could have been the "crime of opportunity" if she came outside. Whoever it was might have acted without thinking and just grabbed her. I've always felt like Sherrill "had to be taken". It could have happened a number of ways, but she could have been the downfall to anyone trying to cover their tracks. Especially if the girls stopped by Delmar to drop off one or both of their cars.

I also agree that one of the girl's deaths could have been an accident. @cherrymeg offered me a new perspective yesterday. I'm hypothetically speaking here. If one of the girls were killed because of Alcohol or Drugs on someone else's property that person could be sued. Neither was old enough to drink. What always spoke to me about this case is motive. Depending on what happened someone could have lost their land, savings, house, and freedom. Not to mention if one of the teenagers gave one of the girls an illegal substance they could also be charged. If they were going to college in the fall this could ruin everything for them. I've mentioned this before, but some parents are willing to do anything for their children. Not to mention self-preservation. If the parent also stood to lose their lifestyle and reputation, this also fuels the motive even deeper.

I don't know what happened that night, and I don't pretend to. Everything I have to offer is just another view beyond the "boogieman" in the area. But I do think all the "van sightings" and other Red Herrings have helped keep this a secret. Cherrymeg also brought up the point that because LE purchased a green van and sat it outside on the lawn, to an extent this permanently linked the van to those in the area at the time. Another thing that hindered this case was the way Sherrill and Suzie were compared to Stacy. Read the articles I posted a few pages back and you can see how people threw all these accusations at them while pitying Stacy. Note, I feel bad for all three of them, but if my family were to go missing and the community I lived in who never met them started accusing them of ludicrous things, I honestly wouldn't know what to do. I just hope that this case is solved, and I believe it can. Again, all of this is JMO, and I know nothing. I just hope the person who did this loses their mind with guilt, and that karma and justice will be served soon. Thinking of them always.
An open my mind is a good thing & will be a major benefactor, to solving this.

I've been going over the old threads and I think it was in #9 or #13 where I read about a slider/doorwall/whatever - a sliding glass door from Suzie's room to the carport.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, there was some speculation that the girls might have left it open upon retiring. To me, this is just nonsense. I just cannot see a teenage girl doing such a thing, even in 1992...
I can. Especially, if they had been partying. I have even left my keys in my front door, a few times & I am very security conscious & I haven't partied, in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeeeeeeeen