MO MO - St Louis, BlkFem 8-11, 54UFMO, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have not seen the documentary - I have read elsewhere online that it shows uncensored/unblurred photos of Jane Doe's remains, which are highly graphic due to the nature of the crime (decapitation). Just wanted to give a heads-up to anyone who may be interested in watching. jmo

I just finished watching on Tubi, it's free.
Very good documentary, I learned a lot that I didn't know before, and that many, many people care , and have cared about Hope for all of these year's.
The big hold up, is lack of African DNA being shared to GedMatch & Family Tree DNA site's. These are the only 2 that can legally search for her family members. Cee Cee Moore has been on this case for years!

I just finished watching on Tubi, it's free.
Very good documentary, I learned a lot that I didn't know before, and that many, many people care , and have cared about Hope for all of these year's.
The big hold up, is lack of African DNA being shared to GedMatch & Family Tree DNA site's. These are the only 2 that can legally search for her family members. Cee Cee Moore has been on this case for years!

Just finished watching the documentary, it was very interesting and there was quite a bit of new information on the case.
I thought I would write down some prominent notes from the documentary down that I haven't seen posted for any users that want some notes but haven't watched it:

• Hope did NOT have Spina Bifida Occulta, despite what most sources online say
  • A single Caucasian pubic hair that was white in colour was found on her groin/right thigh area
  • A chip of green paint was found around the decapitation area
  • She had aspirated blood in her respiratory system - according to her autopsy report - meaning she sustained injury to her face when she was alive, and the nasal bone cartilage had fractured, dripping blood down to the repiratory tract. She also had blood in her stomach, meaning she swallowed it too. This was not from the strangulation.
  • Her height might have been measured incorrectly and thus she might be listed taller than she actually was in life. It's possible she was measured from her toe to neck, as opposed to heel to neck. This may have added an extra 5-ish 6-ish inches to her listed height. Removing these inches from her given height would put her in the average height range of someone her age.

I remember watching it a few months ago. Basic-ish editing but it had interviews with detectives, locals and such from back then, and interesting footage and photos, not shown to the public iirc, of the crime scene.
It’s not called Revisited now. It is 2 hours and has way more interviews and detail. That was just a draft for this one.

Our Precious Hope Revisited: St. Louis' Little Jane Doe (2022)

''They decided to exhume Little Jane Doe's body to obtain a better DNA sample. However, they were unable to do so upon discovering that her headstone had been placed on the wrong grave. Little Jane Doe's body was presumed lost until a group of research students from a nearby university took interest in the case and attempted to locate her using 2D Calibration. Sosa's documentary seeks to provide answers to questions regarding the use of modern-day technology to help identify Little Jane Doe and the person(s) responsible for her death. The documentary also examines newly discovered information regarding the case as well as inaccurate information that had been previously reported which are sure to shock viewers.''

With the identification of Opelika Jane Doe and the revelation that her mum had loved her all this time, I can't help but think of our Hope. Surely there's a parent out there who loved her. A parent or carer who loved and cherished this girl, who wants to see her again. Someone loved her before she became a Jane Doe, and I hope they find her name sooner rather than later :(

With the identification of Opelika Jane Doe and the revelation that her mum had loved her all this time, I can't help but think of our Hope. Surely there's a parent out there who loved her. A parent or carer who loved and cherished this girl, who wants to see her again. Someone loved her before she became a Jane Doe, and I hope they find her name sooner rather than later :(
Absolutely.

I really have high, high hopes that this is the year for Miss St Louis and both little Christmas Does. They've been waiting long enough. Let's bring them home.

I watched a video about Asha Degree, and something about one part sent shivers down my spine.

According to some sources, there was a mysterious picture found near the area she disappeared from.

Asha disappeared from NC in year 2000, in February.

The girl in the picture has not been identified, but I could not help noticing the nail polish.

Since we have no idea what her face may have looked like, it’s hard to make any comparison.

It could just be a coincidence, but it really make me freeze.

Attachments

• B9111265-1DE0-4A88-BE5C-0141432CC85A.jpeg
    B9111265-1DE0-4A88-BE5C-0141432CC85A.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 4B7B0E11-BDF5-4EB3-8B65-8CBF28E8CA0E.jpeg
    4B7B0E11-BDF5-4EB3-8B65-8CBF28E8CA0E.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 43
In addition to the mystery girl, I wanted to discuss another case that kinda has similarities.

William Deshawn Hamilton.

He was an African American boy, between the ages of 5-7 and went unidentified for over two decades.

He was found with fairly nice clothing on, including timberland boots.

When I heard the coverage of him, it just sounded so eerily similar. “How could a 6 year old boy that appeared to be taken care of just go mysteriously missing and no one notice? Wasn’t there a teacher? Church member? Someone who missed him?”

What happened was, his mother took him out of school and claimed they were moving states away. His mother had a friend who was her age, and really admired William. The friend always thought the mother acted really suspicious and went through great lengths to search for William at bust stops, libraries (as he was apparently highly intellectual for 6 and loved to read encyclopedias for fun) and foster homes. She finally stumbled across his composite in 2020 and knew it was him right away.

I watched a video about Asha Degree, and something about one part sent shivers down my spine.

According to some sources, there was a mysterious picture found near the area she disappeared from.

Asha disappeared from NC in year 2000, in February.

The girl in the picture has not been identified, but I could not help noticing the nail polish.

Since we have no idea what her face may have looked like, it’s hard to make any comparison.

It could just be a coincidence, but it really make me freeze.
Yup, chilling possibilities..
1675006932277.png

That photo was found in a shed near where Asha went missing. (1)

The shed was that of an Upholstery business. The photo was found near items supposedly Asha’s: specific pencil, green marker and Mickey Mouse hair bow. (2)
To quote the article:
”Debbie Turner owns the shed, which is filled with furniture and supplies for the business. She found the items near the door of the shed Tuesday morning next to a tractor, but said she didn't think that they might help the investigation until police came by Thursday and asked her to search through the property.

"I know that the stuff shouldn't have been there," Mrs. Turner said, "But we live so far south of where the girl lived that I never thought it might be hers. I just hope this helps find her, and I'm happy that it gives hope to everyone looking for her."

Mrs. Turner said she also found a wallet-sized picture of a little girl near the pencil and marker and bow

So a shed filled with furniture to be upholsterEd has small items lying around which are perfect size to find in couch crevices. This is also in a non metropolitan area, in 2000, where internet shopping had not taken off, thus probably limiting options for marker and hair bow to what was locally available.

(1)asha degree unknown photo - Newspapers.com

(2) https://web.archive.org/web/20000818061104/http://www.shelbystar.com/news/asha/asha10.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back