MO MO - St Louis, BlkFem 8-11, 54UFMO, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there were a just giving page set up to help this child get identified, I would definitely donate.

OMG, how awful. Do you know of a thread, website, etc dedicated to discussing the cases all in one place?

There are several threads in the missing forum about those kids. Some of them have been mentioned here also as possible matches for JD but they were not her.

Also in NYC there are several black kids still missing from the 80s.

OMG, how awful. Do you know of a thread, website, etc dedicated to discussing the cases all in one place?
The List of Black and Missing Continues to Grow | The Crusader Newspaper Group
June 4, 2019
''The alarming number of missing Black females counts for a large chunk of disappearances nationwide. Yet, as the crisis continues, media attention remains largely diverted.
“I worked in Texas as a news anchor and the statistics there are shocking,” said Liz Jeneault, an Emmy-nominated former TV news anchor who once hosted a public affairs show called, “In Focus,” in Texas.
Jeneault, who now works as vice president of marketing for Faveable.com, said she believes some girls have fallen victim to human trafficking.
“I interviewed professionals from the University of Texas at Austin about how there are an estimated 79,000 child sex trafficking victims in Texas alone,” Jeneault said.''

Missing Persons Statistics, Missing Minorities, Adults and Children

Our Black women and girls have gone missing but few seem to care

The Black and Missing Foundation is *really* good with helping getting information out about missing Black girls, cross several platforms. They also do IRL events and help support the family members of the missing.

They only occasionally share Does (I don't blame them.) but fwiw, the last Doe I know they shared was Mojave.

This case haunts me. Where can I find a list of rule-outs?? Has anyone heard if they have DNA from the person who raped her?

I believe that they were unable to find any bodily fluids that may have been left behind as a result of a sexual assault.

In fact, I think I've heard that they actually have very little or no physical evidence that a sexual assault occurred concurrent with the murder in the first place, although an autopsy (apparently) confirmed that SLJD had been raped at one point. That makes me wonder if the sexual assault had actually occurred a significant amount of time before the murder and if the murder was an attempt to cover up the prior rape.

This case haunts me. Where can I find a list of rule-outs?? Has anyone heard if they have DNA from the person who raped her?
Here you go:

Current list of rule outs on Namus as of Sep. 26, 2020

Sherri Truesdale 6/13/1970 North Carolina
Beverly Ward 7/04/1978 Kansas
Yohanna Cyr 12/28/1976 Montreal, Canada (The details aren't listed here, because she's Canadian)
Telethia Good 9/10/1978 Maryland
Sherise Magee 8/1/1975 Nevada
Toya Hill 3/24/1982 Maryland
Sheila Quinn 2/27/1980 Illinois
Shaunda Green 10/15/1983 Michigan
Sharaun Cole 2/25/1983 New York

Skull rule outs:
Newton County (IN) Jane Doe UP6107
Northampton County NC Jane Doe

Ok, so if the age estimation is correct and posts concerning this girl being older are incorrect, then that takes out Tracy Davenport, Iv Matory and Violet Matory. Also after reviewing Kelly Staples, I don't think that she would have grown 1" 6" and gained 28 pounds in three years. So, that knocks out all my possibilities and it's back to the drawling board. I have many problems with this case. I would think that someone would notice a 8-11 year old being around and not seeing her attend school. I wonder if LE followed up to see if students that moved and got their transcripts were actually enrolled in another school? This case is really eating at my heart. I agree that the monster that did this must be familiar with the area. Someone that would blend in. This little angel suffered so much. To be raped, strangled, then decpitated, left exposed and thrown away like trash. She had to have someone that cared for her. It just boggles my mind.
All have been ruled out for this little girl

@othram a lot of people here offering to fund up... Sorry for tagging you so frequently, I just love that you guys take on cases that for whatever reason others don't seem to.:)

Please feel free to tag us on as many cases as you like. We prefer to specifically work cases no one else wants. We don't want to leave any case behind and it minimizes duplication of effort :)

We will look into this case.

Hi everyone, new to this so bare with me if I'm doing this wrong. It doesn't say how long the body had been in the basement/furnace room. Does anyone know? Also, the tags were removed from the sweater. Something about that bothers me. This case boils my blood that someone would do this to a innocent little girl. I'm going to pour over everything and hopefully help out!

Hi everyone, new to this so bare with me if I'm doing this wrong. It doesn't say how long the body had been in the basement/furnace room. Does anyone know? Also, the tags were removed from the sweater. Something about that bothers me. This case boils my blood that someone would do this to a innocent little girl. I'm going to pour over everything and hopefully help out!
Welcome to Websleuths, @DetectiveDarkMuse !
As for the postmortem interval, both Doe Network and NamUs mention a PMI of 5 days or less. And agreed, this is a completely infuriating case given the victim and the brutality too. I hope her identity can be found soon and justice finally done.

STATE v. FOOTE | 791 S.W.2d 879 (1990) | w2d87911598 | Leagle.com
Clipping from St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Newspapers.com

''Killing From page one ,I,,,J,M..-I..1l .IN,. Michael Foote Charged with murder desegregation program. "He was a very good boy," Mrs. Foote said late Tuesday, wiping away tears as she stood at the door of her apartment in the city's North Side several miles from where her son's body was found. "That's all I can say." Authorities say Michael Foote has no criminal record. Homicide detectives said they had found physical evidence linking him to the crime. They said he had given conflicting statements to police about the killing. Police say they do not know the motive for the murder. Capt. Robert Richters, commander of the homicide division, said that Alfred's father had told authorities that Michael Foote needed treatment for mental problems. "The dead child's father told us that he thought his brother was emotionally disturbed and wanted him to get treatment some years ago," Richters said. The murder was the second involving decapitation in St. Louis in less than two years. The body of a girl about 9 or 10 years old was found Feb. 28, 1983, in a vacant building at 5635 Clemens Avenue less than two miles from where Alfred's body was found. Despite an intensive investigation that lasted for several months, detectives never solved the "Jane Doe" killing. The girl's head has not been recovered; she has not been identified. Detective Sgt. Herb Riley said police would "most definitely" SCALE "K o ii mil. . floral Brldge Decapitated I Boy Found M Last I Vs,-touisAve. Hereh gKennertyAve. S Zrf" Highland Ave. Oelmar Blvd. -A J FOREST ;y-rs g PARK "13 I'-..- I v. j n :, "S . as '' t " m . 5 J 4 , f st; v Post-Dispatch graphic by Tony Lazorko question Michael Foote about the killing of the young girl. "Right now, though, we have nothing connecting him to the earlier decapitation case," Riley said. Police gave this account of the boy's killing: Alfred Foote and his younger brother "visited the home of their uncle and grandmother, Ophelia Foote, late Monday afternoon. That evening, the boys' father took the grandmother to a hospital after she became ill, possibly suffering a mild stroke. She was still in the hospital late Tuesday. Alfred Foote Sr. returned to his brother's house shortly after 4 a.m. Tuesday to pick up his sons. The 7-year-old was unharmed, police said, but young Alfred was missing. The uncle said the boy had run away. Suspecting that something had happened to his oldest son, Alfred Foote Sr. and his brother began quarreling. After a neighbor called police, Officer Paul Rea of the Union Boulevard District went to the house. He saw blood on Michael Foote's clothing and noted that Foote appeared to be drunk. Members of the Police Department's canine corps, juvenile division and Union Boulevard District conducted an intensive search of vacant buildings and lots in the area. Detectives Thomas Kranz, Theodore Ehrlich and Willie Thompson found the body in the stairwell of the vacant building on Kennerly. After a preliminary examination of the corpse, Dr. Michael Graham of the medical examiner's office said the boy's head had been severed after he was dead. The boy was killed as a result of several blows to head possibly with a heavy stick. A large butcher knife has been seized as evidence, police said. Homicide detectives say the boy was killed in the house on Highland possibly In the basement and his body and head were carried down the alley to the vacant house. Neighbors said the dilapidated frame house had been vacant for at least two years. Its windows and doors are boarded shut with red plywood; the once-white exterior walls are splotched and peeling, revealing dark wood underneath. The front lawn, overgrown with weeds, is strewn with trash crushed beer cans, broken glass and empty propane canisters. Small crowds of neighorhood residents gathered around the vacant house Tuesday morning as homicide detectives examined the scene. The body was taken away about 1 1 a.m. "If I have tears in my eyes, I just can't help it," said one onlooker, Ophelia Rodgers, 47. "I can't even think right. I knew that boy since he was a baby he was a nice little boy. Why would anybody do something like that?" Mrs. Rodgers, who lives nearby, said young Alfred had often visited his grandmother at her house on Highland. The front lawn of that house was strewn with roof shingles and wood Tuesday morning; neighbors said workmen were installing a new roof there. At the Mason Ridge School, 715 South Mason Road in Creve Coeur, Alfred was one of 33 students from St. Louis who were bused to the school. George Ramsey, principal of Mason Ridge, said Tuesday that Alfred had begun attending the school last year. Before that, the boy had gone to Eliot Elementary School, 4242 Grove Avenue in St. Louis. "Alfred had a very outgoing, pleasing personality he was a really likable young boy," Ramsey said. "I don't think there was a person here who was ever uncomfortable with Alfred. He was well-liked by his classmates and the staff." When Alfred failed to show up for classes Tuesday morning, school officials called his home to find out if he was ill. One of Alfred's aunts told Ramsey that the boy had been killed. Ramsey said he had called together the room mothers at the school to inform them of the killing. He also arranged for a psychologist to go to the school Tuesday afternoon to meet with the staff and a group of parents''

WOW.

STATE v. FOOTE | 791 S.W.2d 879 (1990) | w2d87911598 | Leagle.com
Clipping from St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Newspapers.com

''Killing From page one ,I,,,J,M..-I..1l .IN,. Michael Foote Charged with murder desegregation program. "He was a very good boy," Mrs. Foote said late Tuesday, wiping away tears as she stood at the door of her apartment in the city's North Side several miles from where her son's body was found. "That's all I can say." Authorities say Michael Foote has no criminal record. Homicide detectives said they had found physical evidence linking him to the crime. They said he had given conflicting statements to police about the killing. Police say they do not know the motive for the murder. Capt. Robert Richters, commander of the homicide division, said that Alfred's father had told authorities that Michael Foote needed treatment for mental problems. "The dead child's father told us that he thought his brother was emotionally disturbed and wanted him to get treatment some years ago," Richters said. The murder was the second involving decapitation in St. Louis in less than two years. The body of a girl about 9 or 10 years old was found Feb. 28, 1983, in a vacant building at 5635 Clemens Avenue less than two miles from where Alfred's body was found. Despite an intensive investigation that lasted for several months, detectives never solved the "Jane Doe" killing. The girl's head has not been recovered; she has not been identified. Detective Sgt. Herb Riley said police would "most definitely" SCALE "K o ii mil. . floral Brldge Decapitated I Boy Found M Last I Vs,-touisAve. Hereh gKennertyAve. S Zrf" Highland Ave. Oelmar Blvd. -A J FOREST ;y-rs g PARK "13 I'-..- I v. j n :, "S . as '' t " m . 5 J 4 , f st; v Post-Dispatch graphic by Tony Lazorko question Michael Foote about the killing of the young girl. "Right now, though, we have nothing connecting him to the earlier decapitation case," Riley said. Police gave this account of the boy's killing: Alfred Foote and his younger brother "visited the home of their uncle and grandmother, Ophelia Foote, late Monday afternoon. That evening, the boys' father took the grandmother to a hospital after she became ill, possibly suffering a mild stroke. She was still in the hospital late Tuesday. Alfred Foote Sr. returned to his brother's house shortly after 4 a.m. Tuesday to pick up his sons. The 7-year-old was unharmed, police said, but young Alfred was missing. The uncle said the boy had run away. Suspecting that something had happened to his oldest son, Alfred Foote Sr. and his brother began quarreling. After a neighbor called police, Officer Paul Rea of the Union Boulevard District went to the house. He saw blood on Michael Foote's clothing and noted that Foote appeared to be drunk. Members of the Police Department's canine corps, juvenile division and Union Boulevard District conducted an intensive search of vacant buildings and lots in the area. Detectives Thomas Kranz, Theodore Ehrlich and Willie Thompson found the body in the stairwell of the vacant building on Kennerly. After a preliminary examination of the corpse, Dr. Michael Graham of the medical examiner's office said the boy's head had been severed after he was dead. The boy was killed as a result of several blows to head possibly with a heavy stick. A large butcher knife has been seized as evidence, police said. Homicide detectives say the boy was killed in the house on Highland possibly In the basement and his body and head were carried down the alley to the vacant house. Neighbors said the dilapidated frame house had been vacant for at least two years. Its windows and doors are boarded shut with red plywood; the once-white exterior walls are splotched and peeling, revealing dark wood underneath. The front lawn, overgrown with weeds, is strewn with trash crushed beer cans, broken glass and empty propane canisters. Small crowds of neighorhood residents gathered around the vacant house Tuesday morning as homicide detectives examined the scene. The body was taken away about 1 1 a.m. "If I have tears in my eyes, I just can't help it," said one onlooker, Ophelia Rodgers, 47. "I can't even think right. I knew that boy since he was a baby he was a nice little boy. Why would anybody do something like that?" Mrs. Rodgers, who lives nearby, said young Alfred had often visited his grandmother at her house on Highland. The front lawn of that house was strewn with roof shingles and wood Tuesday morning; neighbors said workmen were installing a new roof there. At the Mason Ridge School, 715 South Mason Road in Creve Coeur, Alfred was one of 33 students from St. Louis who were bused to the school. George Ramsey, principal of Mason Ridge, said Tuesday that Alfred had begun attending the school last year. Before that, the boy had gone to Eliot Elementary School, 4242 Grove Avenue in St. Louis. "Alfred had a very outgoing, pleasing personality he was a really likable young boy," Ramsey said. "I don't think there was a person here who was ever uncomfortable with Alfred. He was well-liked by his classmates and the staff." When Alfred failed to show up for classes Tuesday morning, school officials called his home to find out if he was ill. One of Alfred's aunts told Ramsey that the boy had been killed. Ramsey said he had called together the room mothers at the school to inform them of the killing. He also arranged for a psychologist to go to the school Tuesday afternoon to meet with the staff and a group of parents''
Nice Catch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member