GUILTY MO - St. Louis County - Man enters store, commits sexual assault & murder, 19 November 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Investigators have not spoken to Bruce because of the pending charges in St. Louis County, and are waiting on results of search warrants and DNA testing, Higginbotham said.

But he did say that the victim did not know Bruce or have any connection to him. “We believe at this time it was a crime of opportunity,” he said.

Bruce’s lawyer couldn’t be immediately reached for comment Thursday evening.

Accused Catholic Supply shooter also suspect in Jefferson County attack

Jacob Kuerth‏ @jacobkuerth 2h2 hours ago
JUST IN: Thomas Bruce, the suspect in the @CatholicSupply store killing, is also a suspect in a home invasion and assault that took place in Jefferson Co., Mo., on Sept. 27 involving a 77-year-old woman. Investigators say the woman had no prior connection to Bruce.
Jacob Kuerth on Twitter

Thurs, Sept 27, 2018: home invasion, elderly female victim (Kia)
Wed, Oct 17, 2018: road rage incident with other male driver (Kia goes into shop after this)
Monday, Nov 19, 2018: Catholic supply store attacks, 3 victims, 1 murdered (not Kia)

Will the list grow?

jmo

I really believe that for men like this, it is not about gaining any kind of sexual satisfaction, it is more about being resentful that consent lies with the woman, so he is showing women that he can take whatever he likes without consent.

Oh dear God on the case of the 70 year old woman. He sure changes cars a lot.

As of the January 2017 BK filing pages 11/55 and 28/55 they had two cars:

2012 VW Passat (loan)
2016 Chevy Impala (lease)

BK filing:
Thomas Bruce: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

So he likely didn't have the plum-colored 2017 Kia in February (Delphi) but got it sometime afterwards. I'll bring this up on the Delphi thread.

Thank you for looking up this info!

jmo

Thurs, Sept 27, 2018: home invasion, elderly female victim (Kia)
Wed, Oct 17, 2018: road rage incident with other male driver (Kia goes into shop after this)
Monday, Nov 19, 2018: Catholic supply store attacks, 3 victims, 1 murdered (not Kia)

Will the list grow?

jmo
BBM
yes. imo

We haven't heard anything about him assaulting children yet. So far it's been adult women. There will be more. moo

BBM
yes. imo

We haven't heard anything about him assaulting children yet. So far it's been adult women. There will be more. moo
Yes, all adults. We don't know the ages of the two survivors in the Catholic supply store, though I'm assuming they are grown-women. The murdered woman was in her 50s. The home-invasion victim is 77yo.

The male in the road rage wasn't the same profile - though TB did go off the rails with that, lashing out at a stranger and putting him down because of his Notre Dame shirt - so that could go with his violence toward a "nice" person if he associates a Catholic college with "nice."

I'm thinking he doesn't care about the age as much as he wants to defile and hurt "nice" women. It's like he wants to be grimy, while keeping a "nice" outward image of himself.

Total speculation at this point! If he is connected with more crimes, patterns will be easier to see, imo.

jmo

Yes, all adults. We don't know the ages of the two survivors in the Catholic supply store, though I'm assuming they are grown-women. The murdered woman was in her 50s. The home-invasion victim is 77yo.

The male in the road rage wasn't the same profile - though TB did go off the rails with that, lashing out at a stranger and putting him down because of his Notre Dame shirt - so that could go with his violence toward a "nice" person if he associates a Catholic college with "nice."

I'm thinking he doesn't care about the age as much as he wants to defile and hurt "nice" women. It's like he wants to be grimy, while keeping a "nice" outward image of himself.

Total speculation at this point! If he is connected with more crimes, patterns will be easier to see, imo.

jmo
So far, these appear to be crimes of opportunity and unplanned.

So far, these appear to be crimes of opportunity and unplanned.
I agree. I think the plan is, "Strike when I can."

The home invasion is odd though. I would assume he wouldn't push into a house if he thought a man were in the house or more people than just the 77yo. So, that must have taken some planning....unless he knew for sure she lived alone.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deedeerae12