Identified! MO - St Louis, Olive Blvd, WhtMale 15-35, UP7385, dental work, Mar'92 *Tymon J Emily*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It looks like we need to have these threads cleaned up. The other thread has posts about this uid as well. They are very similar.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I'm not yet convinced that there weren't two UID's found on the same day at the same location. One is described as "Possibly black", the other Caucasian with "Blonde/brown somewhat straight hair".

I don't want to merge the threads until I am sure because un-merging threads is a PITB.

You'd think that the cases would mention that they were found with another set of remains! Someone should message the LE or something to see if they are actually one in the same or not.

the UID found on March 7, 1992, the "possibly black" male with the missing skull has this DN page but is not in Namus:

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase801.html

the white UID found on March 7, 1992, with the Myrtle Beach t-shirt and sandy sort of hair has this Namus profile but no DN page:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7385

for what it's worth there are three UIDs at Namus from St. Louis in 1992 but not a black male found on March 7.

the only thing that clearly distinguishes these two is that while they both have DNA, there are no dentals (per Doe) for the "possibly black" UID and they have dentals for the white UID.

so maybe these are two different bodies.

I looked at this one again and after you made contact with Rose in July 2012, Carl, it looks like there may have been a change.

if one clicks the first link in post #13, which had been the possibly black UID, it redirects to the white UID. that change was made on September 29, 2012. so it looks like we had just one UID all along.

OK - Thanks. It looks like DoeNet revised the casefile too, and changed it from a hotcase to a regular one (and changed the case number). I merged the two threads, and overwrote the content on the first post (to reflect the new DoeNet content).

Here's a guy who fits the description spot-on and isn't on the rule-out list. His circumstances are reasonable also.

Matthew John Ferris
ferris_matthew.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/ferris_matthew.html

He isn't listed in NamUs.

I noticed that Matthew Ferris is still not in NamUs, so I created a casefile for him and sent an e-mail to Regional Admin Jerry Brown to request that he compare these two cases.

Matthew Ferris will be NamUs MP # 21318, if/when the casefile is published.

I noticed that Matthew Ferris is still not in NamUs, so I created a casefile for him and sent an e-mail to Regional Admin Jerry Brown to request that he compare these two cases.

Matthew Ferris will be NamUs MP # 21318, if/when the casefile is published.

There is already an unpublished casefile for Matthew Ferris in the NamUs system, so his MP casefile will be #17065 if/when it is published.

Jerry Brown says that he is currently trying to obtain biometric info on Matthew from Des Moines PD, for comparison to UP 7385.

Matthew Ferris's Namus: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17065/ Apparently he still doesn't have any identifiers.

The ruleouts for https://identifyus.org/cases/7385

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Craig Alexander 1961 Vermont
David Brown 1968 Kentucky
Rickey Enochs 1959 Missouri
Marvin Gardner 1972 Illinois
John Wagner 1951 Missouri

The UID also has a reconstruction now. The resemblance to Ferris is startling, to say the least.

Attachments

• matthew ferris and namus 7385.png
    matthew ferris and namus 7385.png
    221.9 KB · Views: 16
What about Robert Lee Kellar? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1852dmia.html He disappeared in 1990 to travel around the U.S. He was reported missing two years after he left and even though he's listed at 6'1, but it could be listed wrong. His hair looks like it could possibly be straight, but in one of the pictures it seemed really curly. He has a scar on his right arm and it isn't listed, but maybe it was fractured?

Has anyone considered Brian Neil Hooks?
The IUD was found with a Myrtle Beach, South Carolina t-shirt in his pocket, and Brian not only lived in South Carolina but frequented the Myrtle Beach area at the time of his disappearance (it's only hour and 23-30 mins away from Florence where he was last seen). Moreover, his family stated the last time they saw him, he was going to the beach for the weekend, but they did not mention what beach.

Comparison of IUD and Brian Hooks:
Height-
IUD: 5'7" to 5'10" (most likely 5'9" with a small build).
Hooks: 5'7

Weight-
IUD: 145 lbs.
Hooks: 138 lbs

Time Found/Missing:
IUD: Found in early 1992; estimated time of death 1989-1992
Hooks: Missing in late 1988

brianhooks.PNG
The similarities of Brian and the IUD are inevitable.

The only things that don't add up are that the IUD's teeth were in good condition ( Good dental care, crooked teeth on the right upper side. All four second molars contain restorations. Upper teeth slightly flattened) and Brian's front teeth were decaying. The IUD might have been there for a while, could any damage be confused with being exposed to the elements?

Concerning the location of the IUD- St. Louis, Missouri is over 13 hours away from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, but only a 3 hours and 30 mins by plane. The IUD was found with a Myrtle Beach t-shirt, nevertheless, assuming Brian died shortly after his trip to the beach, he could have gotten a souvenir while there. His boyfriend told Brian's family that he had just run off which seems suspicious, but what if they got in a fight or he actually did run off for whatever reason and met with foul play? I think they should re-interview the boyfriend.

Another question is: did they figure out when Myrtle Beach shops distributed the certain design on the IUD's shirt? That could be helpful in establishing a better time frame. I live in a tourist location and also live close to Myrtle beach and those tourist t-shirts change sometimes depending on what's popular at the time.

Off topic a bit but related, at the address of the burned out business where the IUD was found, 4246 Olive st, they built a town-home that is currently for sale.

Has anyone considered Brian Neil Hooks?
The IUD was found with a Myrtle Beach, South Carolina t-shirt in his pocket, and Brian not only lived in South Carolina but frequented the Myrtle Beach area at the time of his disappearance (it's only hour and 23-30 mins away from Florence where he was last seen). Moreover, his family stated the last time they saw him, he was going to the beach for the weekend, but they did not mention what beach.

Comparison of IUD and Brian Hooks:
Height-
IUD: 5'7" to 5'10" (most likely 5'9" with a small build).
Hooks: 5'7

Weight-
IUD: 145 lbs.
Hooks: 138 lbs

Time Found/Missing:
IUD: Found in early 1992; estimated time of death 1989-1992
Hooks: Missing in late 1988

View attachment 99618
The similarities of Brian and the IUD are inevitable.

The only things that don't add up are that the IUD's teeth were in good condition ( Good dental care, crooked teeth on the right upper side. All four second molars contain restorations. Upper teeth slightly flattened) and Brian's front teeth were decaying. The IUD might have been there for a while, could any damage be confused with being exposed to the elements?

Concerning the location of the IUD- St. Louis, Missouri is over 13 hours away from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, but only a 3 hours and 30 mins by plane. The IUD was found with a Myrtle Beach t-shirt, nevertheless, assuming Brian died shortly after his trip to the beach, he could have gotten a souvenir while there. His boyfriend told Brian's family that he had just run off which seems suspicious, but what if they got in a fight or he actually did run off for whatever reason and met with foul play? I think they should re-interview the boyfriend.

Another question is: did they figure out when Myrtle Beach shops distributed the certain design on the IUD's shirt? That could be helpful in establishing a better time frame. I live in a tourist location and also live close to Myrtle beach and those tourist t-shirts change sometimes depending on what's popular at the time.

Off topic a bit but related, at the address of the burned out business where the IUD was found, 4246 Olive st, they built a town-home that is currently for sale.
It might be hard to identify an exact T-Shirt since, in my experience, the T-shirts in Myrtle Beach tourist shops are extremely varying and a lot are not mass produced, but made with letter presses in store.

Sent from my hammer_S using Tapatalk

Unidentified Male
  • Date of Discovery: March 7, 1992
  • Location of Discovery: St. Louis, Missouri
  • Estimated Date of Death: 1989-1992
  • State of Remains: Skeletal Remains
  • Cause of Death: Homicide by stabbing

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

• Estimated Age: 15-35 years old
  • Race: White
  • Height: 5'7" to 5'10" (most likely 5'9" with a small build).
  • Weight: 145 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Blond or brown, straight and about 2" long.
  • Eye Color: Unknown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features: Healed fracture to his right forearm suggesting he sustained an injury earlier in life.

• Dentals: Available. Good dental care, crooked teeth on the right upper side. All four second molars contain restorations. Upper teeth slightly flattened. Located with Dr. James McGivney, DDS / (314) 842-5700.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: mtDNA and nucDNA are available at UNT. Ref #F2799.2-.4.
Clothing & Personal Items
  • Clothing: Black rain coat, pink shirt, striped Fruit of the Loom boxers (size 30-32), blue jeans, white socks, white T-shirt found in a pocket was embossed with the logo "Myrtle Beach," shoe insole size 8 1/2 to 9.

• Jewelry: None noted.

• Additional Personal Items: None noted.

Case History
The skeletonized remains of a white male were found in a vacant, burned out business at 4246 Olive in St. Louis, by workers removing gas service. The ribs showed signs of being stabbed. The remains have been exhumed once for DNA and the skull was not found in the casket. The casket had been damaged.

Initially, the remains were believed to possibly have been those of a black male, aged up to 45 years old.

Attachments

• NCMU1107687c1.jpg
    NCMU1107687c1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 3
Was it possible John Doe was stabbed to death and then the killer set the building on fire?

Carl Koppleman, if you are reading this, could you possibly do a rendering of this John Doe?

Now I don't remember the year -- but there was a teenager placed in some kind of foster home who then disappeared. Authorities then figured out he had given a false name.

This was in the greater St. Louis area, Missouri side.

Any able to remember the year &/or find his thread?

Johnny Lee Millis - thread unknown - I thought that too until I found out he had gaps between his teeth. So it isn't him

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite
Back