Identified! MO - St Louis, Olive Blvd, WhtMale 15-35, UP7385, dental work, Mar'92 *Tymon J Emily*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kind of displays some of the hurdles that can be faced. Emily's profile in the system didn't have DNA. I'm glad the DNA Doe Project was able to help with overcoming that barrier.

This is the 3rd case in the last few weeks that I've read about where the person was reported missing, had their info in NamUs but was only identified through genetic genealogy. It's somewhat disheartening.

According to the Doe Network profile, St Louis John Doe did have dental on file which presumably could have helped id TJ Emily sooner. My condolences to his family

1781UMMO
"Dentals: Available. Good dental care, crooked teeth on the right upper side. All four second molars contain restorations. Upper teeth slightly flattened."

The other cases where that I mentioned were:

Identified! - AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

Identified! - GA - Rising Fawn, WhtFem 26UFGA, 16-25, On East Side of NB I-59, Dec'88 - Stacey Lyn Chahorski

Glad that they are being identified, just feel awful for the families that it has taken so long. Also makes the work of finding perpetrators harder on the current investigators.

Last edited:
This is the 3rd case in the last few weeks that I've read about where the person was reported missing, had their info in NamUs but was only identified through genetic genealogy. It's somewhat disheartening.
Hopefully cases like these can be avoided in the future with a more established/standardized case uptake flow for FGG. It is a lot of money too that could likely be better spent on cases that need the technique, though I suppose hindsight is always a bit biased and there could have been other confounding variables at play.

New article. Got a bunch of interesting tidbits in there. Apparently T.J. had been arrested for burglary and spent a year in jail, was living in a halfway house in STL, and even had a son. Still confused about his constantly fluctuating age and date missing, it says he’s 17 here now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel
Back