Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok after looking at that map I don't see how a 3 year old could walk that in the freezing dark. I guess anything is possible [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would certainly explain how he got so far. But wouldn't the van have been warm in that case? And while that might not be enough to prevent hypothermia in the end, you'd think it would have been warm enough to help a bit ... maybe delay it?

idk. This little guy just wrenches at my heart. I hope his family gets answers quickly.

The van being warm might have helped somewhat, if he was still alive when he entered the van. Even still, at those temps, the van's internal temp would have plummeted very quickly. Hoping the autopsy will narrow down the possibilities of what happened as far as when and how he got in the van.

The van being warm might have helped somewhat, if he was still alive when he entered the van. Even still, at those temps, the van's internal temp would have plummeted very quickly. Hoping the autopsy will narrow down the possibilities of what happened as far as when and how he got in the van.

I totally agree about temperatures in a vehicle out in the cold.

Me and some friends went snow skiing once to Colorado and we got there way too early about 2 AM and didn't want to pay for another night/day at the Hotel we were staying at so we decided to sleep in the vehicle in their parking lot. LOL

Bad idea. I believe it was around 0F degrees that night and even though we had sleeping bags we still got very cold in the vehicle. We didn't want the security to kick us out of the parking lot so we couldn't run the engine heater. It was survivable but it was not comfortable and that was with a lot of clothes on and sleeping bags.
I think I even remember putting on ski gloves and ski hat to try to get warmer.

Next time if ever in that situation I am going to pay for the extra night. Its not worth it. LOL

A small child only in a diaper and even with a blanket covering I could see not making it.

Re BBM

Yes. JulyRuby was kind enough to post a map showing beginning and ending location after some of us were able to figure out where things were located. Its in Post 249 in the thumbnail picture at the bottom of that post. (link below)
The Pink X is the starting location and the Blue X is the ending location.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Tackett-3-Lake-Killarney-10-Feb-2016/page17

Here is a quick map of the locations per JulyRuby's image: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/37....6,-90.5662044,1142m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e2

This post has JulyRuby's image in it: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Killarney-10-Feb-2016&p=12348044#post12348044

Has it been reported where the mother and her ex boyfriend went during the time Titus went missing? And was Titus the son of the ex boyfriend? TIA.
I don't believe he is the father, Zuri. The sheriff refers to mother and ex-boyfriend.

According to Iron County Sheriff Roger Medley, Titus Tackett, 3, of Potosi, was visiting with his mother, Amber Tackett, at the home of her ex-boyfriend who lives at Killarney Shores, a private lake development located about four miles southeast of the Arcadia Valley.

“They were apparently trying to patch things up,” Medley said. “The mother and boyfriend left to go to town for an errand at around midnight and left the boy in the care of a family member.”

The sheriff said this was the last time the couple saw the boy alive.

“After returning from town, one of the family members came in and noticed the door open and they began looking for the child,” he said. "When (he) wasn’t found, they called us. We received a call from the family around 1:14 a.m.

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_c5e57589-da86-54a0-9286-4f8aca369171.html

Re BBM

Yes. JulyRuby was kind enough to post a map showing beginning and ending location after some of us were able to figure out where things were located. Its in Post 249 in the thumbnail picture at the bottom of that post. (link below)
The Pink X is the starting location and the Blue X is the ending location.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Tackett-3-Lake-Killarney-10-Feb-2016/page17

Thank you both, for some reason I can't figure out how to post an image here as just an image directly in the post, not an attachment, I will work on that! :)

Is that the exact house on Killarney Drive? I know it's quite a long road but that's the house we had aerial shots of, yes?

The red/pink X is the structure we had aerial shots of, I believe it was used as the command center during the search. MSM reported that the command center was very close to the grandfather's house so we are just using it as an approximation to get an idea of the distance from there to the house where he was found.

So either a toddler walked down a highway in the middle of the night and wasn't seen or walked thru the woods past many other houses. Umm. Ok.

One of the first people to call and talk to the local news was a girl named Tiffany if I recall. She said her brother was there. Is that the new/ex boyfriend? I'm going to look for that clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. You cold weather folks, do car door handles freeze in that weather? (born and bred in the south, stupid question I'm sure)

Mine has only frozen once or twice...and it was after freezing rain. Regular cold has never frozen my door handles or locks.

*off to recheck the sex of my three kids*

I really don't have any of those stories. I did have one time when two of my kids dismantled their bedroom when they were supposed to be napping. But that's about the only "big" thing they ever did, and it certainly wasn't dangerous. And they were/are certainly active. I do have some stories about my dad and his brother ... like the time they tried to make flame throwers while playing war ... under their parents' porch ...

My son is 2 and a half and not as adventurous as some so I don't have any stories like this either. But I do know people who have plenty...including those who have girls. It really seems to depend on the child.

This news link has a good picture of the Van. Some interesting snippets from the news article below.
Got to thinking about this some more. Why would they assume he wandered off if all they saw was the front door open when they got back? I think I would assume someone came in the house and took him if I saw my door wide open.

"Sgt. Clark Parrott said they plan to learn more about exactly how the boy died when the autopsy is finished.
Still, those who joined the search on Wednesday morning say things just don't add up. "

"His family told police he was last seen at the family's home after midnight on Tuesday, wearing only a diaper.
According to Coroner Tony Cole, his mother said he had wandered off.
"

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/3118...issing-iron-co-toddler-found-in-van-near-home

I think an adult taking a child from the home would quietly close the door behind them because it would give them more 'time' since it would then take longer for parents to realize a child is missing. Whereas a 3 year old is less likely to close a door.

JMO
I agree with you. NOT only was it freezing outside, it was dark. I know of few if ANY 3 yr olds that enjoy wandering around the house in the dark. So I find it hard to believe the he would have just curiously (I understand at his age his curiosity would be in full effect but due to the circumstances of weather and the time of day I cant imagine it being possible.) walked outside in the dark of night and traveled as far as he did in such a short amount of time, although I understand anything is feasible. JMO

My 2 and a half year old has yet to be afraid of the dark at all. Of course, he's never wandered alone outside in it though.

He also loves the cold. When we go outside in 15 degree weather he smiles so big when the cold air hits his face. I guess he's just an odd duck.

All 3 year olds cannot be lumped together. Each and every one is different from the next. I didn't know Titus so I don't know what he liked or what he is capable of.

I was wondering if there was any connection between the grandfather's home and the home where Titus was found, according to this source that is not the case:

Snipped from article from this link, BBM: http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_c5e57589-da86-54a0-9286-4f8aca369171.html

“At this point it’s too early to determine exactly how he got out of the house and how he ended up where he was,” Medley said. “That’s why the investigation is going to continue at this time with the highway patrol, FBI and Iron County Sheriff’s Department working in cooperation.”

He added that at this point there appears to be no relationship between the van’s owners and Tackett’s family. He also noted that the boy’s death appears to be an isolated incident..."

If someone put Titus in the van (and I think this is what most likely happened), that was pretty gutsy to just walk up to a house, open someone's van door, and place a deceased child inside, with dogs running loose on the property...didn't they bark? The van was parked literally right next to the house (Collins/72), which doesn't appear to be very large, and the house is set back off the road a ways. The rural folks in my area are always aware when someone approaches their property, especially at night. However, if I were someone that lived at that home, or frequented the home, I wouldn't be worried about those things.

Then I got to thinking, do we really know that the van was parked at the Collins/72 house when Titus entered it, either himself or by someone else putting him in it? I think it's just been assumed that the van had been parked at the home all night. What if it hadn't been? What if the van was somewhere else when Titus entered it? To me it actually makes more sense that it WASN'T parked at the home under the homeowner's watch, unless of course it was someone in that home or familiar with that home that put him in there.

I'm just thinking of different scenarios, IF Titus entered the van at a location other than the Collins/72 home. For example, if someone driving the van was visiting a home two or three doors down from Titus's gf house, it would be more believable to me that Titus would wander out and find his way into the van at that short distance. Or, if someone driving the van happened to be out running the same "errands" as the mom/bf, Titus could have been slipped into the back of the van unnoticed. I'm not blaming anyone, just thinking of other possibilities. It's likely that the van really was parked in front of Collins/72 the whole time, but imo that doesn't look good for the residents of that property and/or owner of the van. Especially if there is no known relationship between Collins/72 residents and Titus's gf/family.

Anxious to hear the autopsy results!

Sorry everyone. I don't know how to BOLD things yet. Just wanted to say I find it interesting that the Sheriff called it "an isolated incident" instead of "a tragic accident".

Fox2 from St Louis, just said something may be developing.
Also said Titus lives with his Mom Amber Tackett and her parents in Potosi. The mom and Titus were visiting the Dad Frankie Garrett and Frankie's Dad. Amber and Frankie went out last night and left Titus with his grandfather. When they came home at 1am the door was open and Titus was gone.

The above is from post #42

Frankie Garrett is the bio father of Titus...

I have no problem with them going out at midnight for an errand together, it could even be to drive somewhere and talk. I have no problem with Titus sleeping in his diaper, mine often slept in diaper and T shirt when babies, and still do (boxers and t shirt now). On average most kids are afraid of the dark in my opinion, that does weigh in with me, as being so far out in the woods, I am sure its very DARK outside....does anyone know what the moon phase was that night? Where Titus lived with his Mom, was it city? or country? A city kid is less likely to venture out into the dark in the country, again just my opinion. My older kids and especially my youngest (15 y.o.) still will not walk to the dumpster at night alone, afraid of wildlife out there.

Now about the cold and his apparent clothing. I can see him venturing out in a diaper, it would not take long for the air to start to sting his skin, getting worse with more prolonged exposure. But are we sure he did not slip on shoes? I walk my dogs barefoot many times in below zero temps, so do my older boys, but they younger they are, the more sensitive the skin. I can tell you when out in freezing temps barefoot for fifteen minutes your feet hurt, your toenails feel like they have pressure and want to fly off. If he walked that distance, how he would even feel his feet is beyond me. I am so confused how he could walk that distance, or if its even possible, with bare feet. This is the fly in the ointment in my opinion.

I don't know. I was just going off of JulyRuby's image.

Re: your map...

And we're all to believe those little 3 yr old legs (with no pants on, just a diaper, and no shoes, that we're aware of) walked that distance in the dark (no street lights on that highway and house lights, even if on, wouldn't give off enough light to see at all), in the sub-freezing temps?

:thinking:

I have no problem with them going out at midnight for an errand together, it could even be to drive somewhere and talk. I have no problem with Titus sleeping in his diaper, mine often slept in diaper and T shirt when babies, and still do (boxers and t shirt now). On average most kids are afraid of the dark in my opinion, that does weigh in with me, as being so far out in the woods, I am sure its very DARK outside....does anyone know what the moon phase was that night? Where Titus lived with his Mom, was it city? or country? A city kid is less likely to venture out into the dark in the country, again just my opinion. My older kids and especially my youngest (15 y.o.) still will not walk to the dumpster at night alone, afraid of wildlife out there.

Now about the cold and his apparent clothing. I can see him venturing out in a diaper, it would not take long for the air to start to sting his skin, getting worse with more prolonged exposure. But are we sure he did not slip on shoes? I walk my dogs barefoot many times in below zero temps, so do my older boys, but they younger they are, the more sensitive the skin. I can tell you when out in freezing temps barefoot for fifteen minutes your feet hurt, your toenails feel like they have pressure and want to fly off. If he walked that distance, how he would even feel his feet is beyond me. I am so confused how he could walk that distance, or if its even possible, with bare feet. This is the fly in the ointment in my opinion.

bbm - new moon was two days before, so there wouldn't have been any light from the moon that night.

BBM
February 10
Waxing crescent
Visible: 5% ↑

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members