Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
good article. answers and doesn't create questions, for once.

thanks Jamaica.

Thank you so much. This is the first time I have finally become convinced of the source of the blanket.

Good Job and thanks to the Sheriff for clarifying. I hope he continues to come out with more information for us. Like would like to hear more about the bottom of the feet condition and estimated time of death if it was able to be determined.

http://www.coolantarctica.com/Antarctica fact file/science/cold_hypothermia.php

Mild Hypothermia -
"...symptoms such as shivering, numb hands and other extremities and reduced manual dexterity. <snipped by me> ...The beginnings of hypothermia are notoriously difficult for the victim to spot themselves, they will often be strongly denied.

Difficulty in performing tasks such as fastening up clothing, putting on gloves, a hat etc. ...<snipped by me> A fall in core temperature of only 1°C can slow reaction times and impair judgment leading to poor decisions."

The final stage is profound hypothermia

"...the body has effectively stopped trying to keep itself warm and some final steps are taken to avoid death. The heart rate and breathing slow so that they are hard to detect at all. Only one or two breaths per minute may be taken. The skin is very pale and icy cold to the touch. The limbs are stiff, the pupils of the eyes dilate (open wide) and are unreactive to light. To all intents and purposes the person appears to be dead. Metabolism has slowed so far that they are almost in a state of hibernation."

The phenomena often cited regarding a person freezing to death says that the person will feel warm during the final stage of severe hypothermia does not mean that a person regains the manual dexterity he lost in the previous stages of hypothermia. They feel warm, often overly hot, but they aren't suddenly able to perform tasks that require significant fine motor skills. The warmth is said to result from the blood vessels in the extremities, having been clamped down to try to keep the blood circulating to the vital organs instead of the less important extremities, finally give up and "unclamp", letting all the blood flow back into the extremities, causing a sudden flush of warmth. But, by this time, the body's core temperature is so low that none of the body or brain's processes are functioning correctly, and with that, muscle function (in addition to mental function) is spotty at best. And this phenomena (which doesn't happen to every person who has reached the severe stage of hypothermia, only in 20%-50% of people who survived to report it) occurs very close to hypothermic death. I don't think that if Titus made that walk, that he would be have been in the end stage of hypothermia after the probably 20+ minute walk. If he did make that walk, and did experience the feeling of warmth before he died, he had probably been in the van for hours as opposed to minutes. It takes longer to die of hypothermia in 15 degree weather than just 30 minutes.

These are just some of the questions that I wish I knew the answers too. (Some of you may...and if some have already been answered, I apologize. :))

Was the door to the house he walked away from locked? Did it lock behind him? Or could he not open that door? But could, after a 20+ (if he walked straight there) minute walk to the van, hypothermic, open the van door?

Why would he have not gone back to the house after venturing a little distance away? If he was following Mom, he would have seen quickly that she was too far gone and he wouldn't catch her. I wonder if there was any way to tell if he walked straight to the van.

Exactly how long was he outside?

Did Mom SEE him inside before she left or just assume he was, because he wasn't seen leaving? Did she herself or did she see him get "dressed" in just a diaper and was that a normal nighttime attire for him? Was "Grandpa" asleep or awake when Mom left and did he know she was going to be leaving?

Was it ever confirmed that Mom went to go pick up the baby? I thought I read someplace that she and her "friend" "went out".

Search for missing child turns to tragedy

&#8220;The mother and the step-dad (Amber Tackett and Frankie Garrett), needed to return a borrowed vehicle to Ironton so the owner of the vehicle could go to work the next morning,&#8221; the sheriff said. &#8220;The mother was waiting for Titus to go to sleep &#8211; he was watching television and lying on the couch. They left the house sometime around midnight, but the grandfather was there with the child.&#8221;
Sheriff Medley said the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents.
&#8220;(The parents) came back sometime around 1 a.m. and found the front door open,&#8221; said the sheriff. &#8220;The boy had been on the couch asleep, but he heard them leave and ran out after them. They had already left. Highway 72 is right there.&#8221;

http://www.myironcountynews.com/articles/2016/02/18/search-missing-child-turns-tragedy

So Grandpa thought he was with the parents? And they were waiting for the boy to fall asleep? Sounds hauntingly like lil Deorr Kunz. :sigh:

Since the current autopsy report is preliminary, it's not likely any details about Titus' death will be available before then. Recall from the press conference and linked articles above, the toxicology results likely won't be available for 30 days. Takes time, always does.

As the sheriff also noted, the investigation is continuing. We'll know the details when they're finished.

So Grandpa thought he was with the parents? And they were waiting for the boy to fall asleep? Sounds hauntingly like lil Deorr Kunz. :sigh:

This way no one is "responsible". When it would have taken a minute to confirm that an adult is prepared to watch your toddler and saved his life. I understand accidents happen but this is a trend IMO.

Marking my spot and hope this gets straightened out if need be.
Was there any mud/frost dirt on his feet / Sorry if this was already touched on. He'd be too little to clean his own feet off.
And were his fingerprints on the van door handle ?
Tia.
:moo:

This sounds like a very tragic accident as the explanation sounds somewhat plausible. If FG's father thought Titus was with them, I am assuming then he noticed that Titus was not there and missing from where he fell asleep.

But why then would he not close the front door or call them to confirm that Titus was with them? I wish there would be more factual statements rather than assumption and innuendo.

&#8220;(The parents) came back sometime around 1 a.m. and found the front door open,&#8221; said the sheriff. &#8220;The boy had been on the couch asleep, but he heard them leave and ran out after them. They had already left. Highway 72 is right there.&#8221;

How does anyone know that the boy heard them leave and ran out after them?

This sounds like a very tragic accident as the explanation sounds somewhat plausible. If FG's father thought Titus was with them, I am assuming then he noticed that Titus was not there and missing from where he fell asleep.

But why then would he not close the front door or call them to confirm that Titus was with them? I wish there would be more factual statements rather than assumption and innuendo.

I think it sounds plausible too. Just because you never know what rationale a child that age has for doing the things they do. But there are two things that bother me.

I have a hard time with him being found that far away in 15 degree weather. I cannot see why he wouldn't turn back. He was obviously very cold... He sought shelter. He is described as being very precocious. Yet didn't turn back despite being cold, scared, in a diaper, with a "grandpa" that he knew very well? Did Mom tell him she was leaving and would be back?

The second thing is the door being open. I most definitely would know if one of my doors were open, especially in 15 degree weather. Maybe the layout of the house explains it partially, like if they had a mud room and Titus shut the door behind him. But then left the exterior door open? I would think it would quickly become very cold in the house. So, where was Grandpa? Sleeping? Did he not go check on Titus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to say that! That Grandpa couldn't have checked on him even once, if he left right after Mom did, since he wasn't the one to discover Titus gone.

Ok can we get a report on which way he took? street or woods, and the condition of Lil Titus feet and hands? Coroner Tony yaps about everything but that. RIP Lil Titus

If his feet were in a state consistent with walking all that way, I don't see why they wouldn't just say so and end the speculation... It makes me suspect that the feet were clean.

Do we know the type of vehicle they were driving when leaving Grandpa's?

RSBM

Assuming here that the parents and grandpa figure that's what must have happened. (Idk)
good question.

It could have been a terrible accident; since there's no apparent cod.
(I'm still on the fence.)
:moo:

Do we know the type of vehicle they were driving when leaving Grandpa's?

Are we to assume that two cars drove away from the house? The borrowed one and one they owned? It was reported they returned a car they had borrowed from someone, so one car went back to the house?

The part that was reported where the "I thought he was with you" seemed plausible the first time I read it, but upon further reflection, that makes no sense at all. In order for it to make sense, one would have to have acknowledged that Titus was gone from the house.

If the "parents" came home and found the door wide open, and asked FG dad where Titus was, FG dad would then have acknowledged that he noted Titus missing earlier because he thought Titus was with them? But left the door wide open? So if that is the case, Titus may have been missing since the time they left to return the borrowed car?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unsloved387
Back