Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A lot of good points being made.

IMO These important questions below still need to be answered. Im not blaming anyone but I still think some very serious questions need answered first before we can declare this
a real accident with no foul play.

(1)
What is estimated time of death? We dont know estimated time of death and we may never know. I thought that is one of the things an autopsy is supposed to uncover.

This statement from the article does not tell us anything because look carefully what he is saying. He is basing that on if hypothermia is the cause and just throwing out the time of death based on when he went missing and expected hypothermia. This is not the way it is done.

"If it turns out to be hypothermia, the actual time of death would probably be “...a couple of hours after midnight,” the coroner said"

They are supposed to determine time of death based on the physical condition of the body only. Was he frozen solid? How much rigormortisis before frozen? etc.
Not a guess based on when they left and assuming Hypothermia because he was found cold.

I have lost all faith in those early autopsy statements. The only thing we learned is he didnt have major marks or bruises.

(2)
Now we are hearing parents waited till boy went to sleep before they left. So how exactly was this supposed to work?
Wait till he goes to sleep and then where is Grandpa? Was Grandpa sleeping too and they thought they could leave them both asleep? Which means nobody was really watching the boy when they left?

OR if Grandpa was awake when they left then what did he do....go right to bed immediately after they left? Something is still seriously wrong here.

Lets look very closely at this statement:
"“The mother was waiting for Titus to go to sleep – he was watching television and lying on the couch. "

Things are not right and here is the clincher that proves something not right. Look at this statement next.
"Sheriff Medley said the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents."

No, this cant be because we are also told the front door was wide open and it was the parents that noticed him missing when they got home.
But right before we were told they waited for him to fall asleep in living room so now we are hearing grandpa must be awake and thinks the boy went with them. So why is
front door wide open again?

You see. This is not making much sense here. And yes it is very close to the Deorr story.

(3)
Sorry but this statement is just an assumption from the Sheriff.
Because nobody can confirm this. Grandpa didnt even know he was missing and thought he went with parents.
Parents didnt know anything till they got back. So this is just not right to say this below until proven.

"“The boy had been on the couch asleep, but he heard them leave and ran out after them. "

(4)
We just have to know more of the basics.

-What were conditions of his feet? Clean as a whistle and is that why we are not hearing?

-What about prints on outside of Van and inside of Van? Is the boys prints anywhere?

-Who last saw an alive boy other than the 3 adults present and what day/time was it?

-Why the stop at the store in Ironton we hear about? What was purchased at that store? What were the times they were in the store and the times they were at the friends to
drop off the vehicle?

-If they had to drop off a vehicle then what other vehicle did they use to get back? Did they drive 2 cars to the friends house and leave in 1 together? When they were
at the store did they still have 2 vehicles or just 1?

http://www.myironcountynews.com/articles/2016/02/18/search-missing-child-turns-tragedy

Are we to assume that two cars drove away from the house? The borrowed one and one they owned? It was reported they returned a car they had borrowed from someone, so one car went back to the house?

The part that was reported where the "I thought he was with you" seemed plausible the first time I read it, but upon further reflection, that makes no sense at all. In order for it to make sense, one would have to have acknowledged that Titus was gone from the house.

If the "parents" came home and found the door wide open, and asked FG dad where Titus was, FG dad would then have acknowledged that he noted Titus missing earlier because he thought Titus was with them? But left the door wide open? So if that is the case, Titus may have been missing since the time they left to return the borrowed car?

Yup. It bothered me too and my #2 in my last post is where I was just listing the reasons it doesn't make sense. We are thinking alike here. Its a subtle but important conflict in the story we have been given.

Both versions on their own have holes in them. Together, not everything they are saying could have possibly happened.

The first accounts only mentioned an errand and a stop at a store. Now the borrowed car story. The only way they don't leave in two cars is if someone gave them a ride back. But no one has mentioned another person there when they discovered Titus missing.

This changing, evolving mess of a story reeks of someone(s) feeling under pressure or worried LE isn't picking up what they are putting down, so they keep throwing extra stuff in trying to satisfy them. But they are just digging a hole, it would seem, if what we have been told was said by them is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The mother and the step-dad (Amber Tackett and Frankie Garrett), needed to return a borrowed vehicle to Ironton so the owner of the vehicle could go to work the next morning,” the sheriff said. “The mother was waiting for Titus to go to sleep – he was watching television and lying on the couch. They left the house sometime around midnight, but the grandfather was there with the child.”
Sheriff Medley said the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents."

is anyone seriously believing this.

1) you leave your home in the very late evening, with your child, to go see your ex bf
2) with one of your two toddlers (as far as we know) in tow, awake.
3) leaving him at midnight, on what, a whim? you decide to run an errand in a borrowed car? wow great idea!
4) in that exact window of time, one of your two children goes missing and succumbs to hypothermia?

ok someone tell me what I'm missing.

“The mother and the step-dad (Amber Tackett and Frankie Garrett), needed to return a borrowed vehicle to Ironton so the owner of the vehicle could go to work the next morning,” the sheriff said. “The mother was waiting for Titus to go to sleep – he was watching television and lying on the couch. They left the house sometime around midnight, but the grandfather was there with the child.”
Sheriff Medley said the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents."

is anyone seriously believing this.

1) you leave your home in the very late evening, with your child, to go see your ex bf
2) with one of your two toddlers (as far as we know) in tow, awake.
3) leaving him at midnight, on what, a whim? you decide to run an errand in a borrowed car? wow great idea!
4) in that exact window of time, one of your two children goes missing and succumbs to hypothermia?

ok someone tell me what I'm missing.

Nothing. That's pretty much it. [emoji57]

I haven't been around much the last few days and I just skimmed the last page of this thread. Why are people assuming that because the media just told us more information, that means that the parents just told LE new information? I would guess that the car return and all of that was told to LE immediately. But it was just released to media.

I also don't see what's so hard to believe about this scenario. It all sounds possible to me. Sounds like a few bad choices and led to tragedy.

A lot of good points being made.

IMO These important questions below still need to be answered. Im not blaming anyone but I still think some very serious questions need answered first before we can declare this
a real accident with no foul play.

(1)
What is estimated time of death? We dont know estimated time of death and we may never know. I thought that is one of the things an autopsy is supposed to uncover.

This statement from the article does not tell us anything because look carefully what he is saying. He is basing that on if hypothermia is the cause and just throwing out the time of death based on when he went missing and expected hypothermia. This is not the way it is done.

"If it turns out to be hypothermia, the actual time of death would probably be “...a couple of hours after midnight,” the coroner said"

They are supposed to determine time of death based on the physical condition of the body only. Was he frozen solid? How much rigormortisis before frozen? etc.
Not a guess based on when they left and assuming Hypothermia because he was found cold.

I have lost all faith in those early autopsy statements. The only thing we learned is he didnt have major marks or bruises.

(2)
Now we are hearing parents waited till boy went to sleep before they left. So how exactly was this supposed to work?
Wait till he goes to sleep and then where is Grandpa? Was Grandpa sleeping too and they thought they could leave them both asleep? Which means nobody was really watching the boy when they left?

OR if Grandpa was awake when they left then what did he do....go right to bed immediately after they left? Something is still seriously wrong here.

Lets look very closely at this statement:
"“The mother was waiting for Titus to go to sleep – he was watching television and lying on the couch. "

Things are not right and here is the clincher that proves something not right. Look at this statement next.
"Sheriff Medley said the grandfather thought the child had gone with the parents."

No, this cant be because we are also told the front door was wide open and it was the parents that noticed him missing when they got home.
But right before we were told they waited for him to fall asleep in living room so now we are hearing grandpa must be awake and thinks the boy went with them. So why is
front door wide open again?

You see. This is not making much sense here. And yes it is very close to the Deorr story.

(3)
Sorry but this statement is just an assumption from the Sheriff.
Because nobody can confirm this. Grandpa didnt even know he was missing and thought he went with parents.
Parents didnt know anything till they got back. So this is just not right to say this below until proven.

"“The boy had been on the couch asleep, but he heard them leave and ran out after them. "

(4)
We just have to know more of the basics.

-What were conditions of his feet? Clean as a whistle and is that why we are not hearing?

-What about prints on outside of Van and inside of Van? Is the boys prints anywhere?

-Who last saw an alive boy other than the 3 adults present and what day/time was it?

-Why the stop at the store in Ironton we hear about? What was purchased at that store? What were the times they were in the store and the times they were at the friends to
drop off the vehicle?

-If they had to drop off a vehicle then what other vehicle did they use to get back? Did they drive 2 cars to the friends house and leave in 1 together? When they were
at the store did they still have 2 vehicles or just 1?

http://www.myironcountynews.com/articles/2016/02/18/search-missing-child-turns-tragedy
You have presented all the questions I've had since the beginning. I had posted question early on if grandpa was even aware he was babysitting or at midnight was he already asleep and not even aware that Titus was supposedly asleep on the couch. If grandpa, IMO, was awake I feel sure he would have been aware of an opened front door with freezing cold air blowing into the home. Even if he was in livingroom and fell asleep, IMO, the freezing cold draft would have awakened him.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I haven't been around much the last few days and I just skimmed the last page of this thread. Why are people assuming that because the media just told us more information, that means that the parents just told LE new information? I would guess that the car return and all of that was told to LE immediately. But it was just released to media.

I also don't see what's so hard to believe about this scenario. It all sounds possible to me. Sounds like a few bad choices and led to tragedy.

To me, the odd part is hearing Grandpa say that he thought the boy was with his parents. If you are going to leave a toddler at midnight, aren't you going to tell the other adult you are leaving the home? That bothers me.

And if the front door was open all that time, where was Grandpa? He didn't feel the cold air rushing in?

i just don't think grandpa was ever babysitting and I don't believe titus walked a mile naked in that weather to crawl up into a stranger's minivan.

JMO...

i just don't think grandpa was ever babysitting and I don't believe titus walked a mile naked in that weather to crawl up into a stranger's minivan.

JMO...

I also don't believe they were doing any of the things they said during the time they were gone.

omg. ok you know you're losing it when you post on the wrong thread.

sorry folks.

The other night I woke up. It felt cold. I checked the heat pump, it was working. Walked through the house, back door was open, and one of my dogs had opened it, and let the others out. It was in the 30's. I stepped outside to call the dogs in. In less than 15 mins, I was shivering, and face and ears felt numb and cold. I have a lot more body mass, and had more clothing on, and it wasn't as cold. NO WAY I would have been out any longer than I had to be. My toes were so cold that I came in and put two pair of socks on! They were hurting from the cold.

If what we've been told so far, while maybe it's possible *I don't think it is* is it probable? Small child, just turned 3yrs old, walking that distance, in that cold, with only a diaper. Possible, but I don't think probable.

Adults leaving a child on the couch asleep. Possible, and not unusual. Possible Grandpa was asleep in his own room. Not knowing Titus was there, or that the others had left.

Returning a vehicle because the owner had to work the next morning....possible, but for gosh sakes how inconsiderate! There's been no mention of a second vehicle. If the couple had their own vehicle, why would they be borrowing someone else's? Therefore, someone would have to bring the couple back to Grandpa's. If it was the person that had to work in the morning, I'd be pissed that I had to make a run that late, knowing I had to get up for work!

Is there anyone that can say if Titus did or did not go with the couple? Any witness that saw them without him, or with him? When did Grandpa last see Titus?

Too many unanswered questions for me, but hopefully LE has answers to all the above.

As for Titus, there should have been major frost bite on ears, hands and feet. Possible condition of feet in such a state that seeing abrasions, etc from walking wouldn't be visible.

The other night I woke up. It felt cold. I checked the heat pump, it was working. Walked through the house, back door was open, and one of my dogs had opened it, and let the others out. It was in the 30's. I stepped outside to call the dogs in. In less than 15 mins, I was shivering, and face and ears felt numb and cold. I have a lot more body mass, and had more clothing on, and it wasn't as cold. NO WAY I would have been out any longer than I had to be. My toes were so cold that I came in and put two pair of socks on! They were hurting from the cold.

If what we've been told so far, while maybe it's possible *I don't think it is* is it probable? Small child, just turned 3yrs old, walking that distance, in that cold, with only a diaper. Possible, but I don't think probable.

Adults leaving a child on the couch asleep. Possible, and not unusual. Possible Grandpa was asleep in his own room. Not knowing Titus was there, or that the others had left.

Returning a vehicle because the owner had to work the next morning....possible, but for gosh sakes how inconsiderate! There's been no mention of a second vehicle. If the couple had their own vehicle, why would they be borrowing someone else's? Therefore, someone would have to bring the couple back to Grandpa's. If it was the person that had to work in the morning, I'd be pissed that I had to make a run that late, knowing I had to get up for work!

Is there anyone that can say if Titus did or did not go with the couple? Any witness that saw them without him, or with him? When did Grandpa last see Titus?

Too many unanswered questions for me, but hopefully LE has answers to all the above.

As for Titus, there should have been major frost bite on ears, hands and feet. Possible condition of feet in such a state that seeing abrasions, etc from walking wouldn't be visible.

This is the same thoughts going through my mind!!

The only thing I can think of for the "grandpa" is ....do we know if this is a ranch home or a two story? If it were a two story house, grandpa could be in an upstairs or downstairs bedroom watching TV in bed (that would explain him being awake and thinking they took Titus with them). Also, it could explain why grandpa did not notice the cold air from an open door? MOO

Unfortunately I have known people that would probably think Grandpa and kid were both asleep so it would be safe to just leave the kid with him, without telling him. I also can see the scenario of Grandpa having his door closed so didn't feel the cold so soon?
Crazy to me because 1. Grandpa should be told he's in charge of watching the child. 2. What if the kid wakes up and needs something.

I want to believe their story and admit I'm now sitting on the fence, swinging my feet on both sides.
Yes, it's a long way for a little one to go in the dark and freezing cold, no less, but I still think it's possible.

I agree with courtneyb on not believing from the start that they were just running to the store on a quick errand.
I also agree with whiterabbit on thinking there needed to be a different coroner.
One that is not connected to a family in any way when a suspicious death occurs, especially a child.

I do live in an area where most child deaths would receive a donated funeral from one of our funeral homes and feel it's a respectful thing to do.

We have the good ole boy network here (doesn't every place though) and I've been surprised more than once in my life with how some things were done because of knowing so and so's family.

JMO

To me, the odd part is hearing Grandpa say that he thought the boy was with his parents. If you are going to leave a toddler at midnight, aren't you going to tell the other adult you are leaving the home? That bothers me.

And if the front door was open all that time, where was Grandpa? He didn't feel the cold air rushing in?

BBM
I agree Katydid. For the grandfather to think Titus went with his parents he would have had to know the little guy was gone before the parents returned, right? So if Titus went out and left the door open and that door was still standing open when his parents returned why the heck wouldn't gf have closed that door on a freezing cold night?

To me, the odd part is hearing Grandpa say that he thought the boy was with his parents.
Maybe they had asked Grandpa earlier in the evening if he could babysit the boy, then Grandpa went to his/another room before the parents left, and if the parents didn't go in and tell him "we are leaving now, look after Titus" he might have believed that they had changed their minds and taken the boy with them instead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul
Back