Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you are just going to quickly pick up your baby, why not take your 3yr old along?

I believe the explanation given was that Titus was asleep when she left and she didn't want to wake him.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154013322784260&set=o.589493424463114&type=3

Lots of interesting comments by D.J.T. at this link, which is shared with Mod's permission (thank-you Bessie).
If true, there are some gaps filled in; but we know to take everything with a grain of salt.

That's so sad that this family is being attacked at such a tragic time. I wish people would leave them alone to grieve, if they can't be supportive.

The sheriff a nd FBI continue to follow through with a full investigation. Until the results are made public, the family should be left alone by those who only seek to criticize.

re-posting an old link. bbm.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/31186599/coroner-iron-co-toddler-died-of-hypothermia

Investigators did not say whether or not there is suspected foul play, but did say they were conducting interviews throughout the afternoon.

Sgt. Clark Parrott said they plan to learn more about exactly how the boy died when the autopsy is finished.

Still, those who joined the search on Wednesday morning say things just don't add up.

"Three-year-old kid, that far away, opening up a van door. I don't see the baby opening up these doors because they are kind of hard to open up. Three-years-old in a diaper."

"Three-year-old kid, that far away, opening up a van door. I don't see the baby opening up these doors because they are kind of hard to open up. Three-years-old in a diaper."
* bbm

I keep getting hung up on the fact that his birthday was January 24, 2013, so he was essentially only 17 days into even being a 3 year old.

Such a sad situation. :(

If you are just going to quickly pick up your baby, why not take your 3yr old along?

Was it even quickly? 1.5 hours they were gone, right?

But I get your point, Katydid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

re-posting an old link. bbm.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/31186599/coroner-iron-co-toddler-died-of-hypothermia

Investigators did not say whether or not there is suspected foul play, but did say they were conducting interviews throughout the afternoon.

Sgt. Clark Parrott said they plan to learn more about exactly how the boy died when the autopsy is finished.

Still, those who joined the search on Wednesday morning say things just don't add up.

SABBM

Holy cow. Just checking in on this thread since it was foremost in the Located--FD thread.
I'm thinking it's easier for a three year old to open up a van door from the inside-- rather than opening it from the outside.
Sorry if this was already discussed --but did anyone post how high he would have had to reach ?

That's so sad that this family is being attacked at such a tragic time. I wish people would leave them alone to grieve, if they can't be supportive.

The sheriff a nd FBI continue to follow through with a full investigation. Until the results are made public, the family should be left alone by those who only seek to criticize.
BBM

:goodpost:

Thank you for your refreshing kindness. It seems to be rare everywhere I look. Compassion for imperfect grieving families, even if they don't grieve the way we would, is an act of love I wish all would emulate. :heart:
MOO

Even for parents who are separated/divorced, parental transfers don't happen at midnight. Especially for an infant!

I've had to pick up one of mine around midnight/really late because he gets homesick at sleepovers. I'm not saying that's what happened here but just explaining that there can be perfectly logical reasons for picking up a kid that late.

I'm still very interested if scent dogs were used in the search. I would like to see them used even now to see if the dog would track his footprints to the van.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I've had to pick up one of mine around midnight/really late because he gets homesick at sleepovers. I'm not saying that's what happened here but just explaining that there can be perfectly logical reasons for picking up a kid that late.

True - I have had to do that with sleepovers before. But not with an infant. They usually don't even "do" sleepovers. The latest thing I heard (unsubstantiated) was that the "errand" was that they had to get the car they were borrowing back to someone. Makes a bit more sense, if that person works graveyard shift or something.

Sheesh, I had to stop reading because it was hard to understand.

Who is that person anyway?

I found the stories shared there to be heartbreaking. Tragic accidents DO happen to children, and it's every parent's worst nightmare when they do. Foul play, of course, does happen too and that's equally tragic in a different way. At this point, there is every indication Titus' death fits the "tragic accident" model (could change, but that's where it stands at the moment AFAIK). I think it's good these parents are supporting one another through their grief.

True - I have had to do that with sleepovers before. But not with an infant. They usually don't even "do" sleepovers. The latest thing I heard (unsubstantiated) was that the "errand" was that they had to get the car they were borrowing back to someone. Makes a bit more sense, if that person works graveyard shift or something.
It definitely makes more sense and would explain why both had to go.

I would also like to mention the dogs. Many people have had questions about the dogs barking, etc. I live in a similarly populated town in Vermont, and if I got up every time mine or my neighbors' dogs barked in the night, I would never sleep. There are so many little creatures out and about at night that it doesn't surprise me that even if the dogs were barking the van's owner just ignored it.

That said there are still many aspects of this case that certainly cause me to raise an eyebrow. I feel in my gut that this is nowhere near being a closed case unfortunately.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back