Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So her car has gps. Why is it taking this long to find out where it is?
I hate it when theres two different stories out there. Going home and meeting a friend.
I wonder if she ever made it home?
I wonder how much money she withdrew?
Any mental illness/drug use in her past?

I think it's good news she was pulled over by a real cop. That means there is a chance she is not held against her will or worse.

well if they know her phone was active until 9:30pm then they know where it was also...

Hmm, not necessarily. If someone texted her, and the text said "delivered" that meant her phone was on and receiving service.

Hmm, not necessarily. If someone texted her, and the text said "delivered" that meant her phone was on and receiving service.

right, so if the phone was on and connected to a tower then they would have some info about its location, unless im missing something.

Wednesday morning update: Toni Anderson's family tells us they're trying to get the insurance company to release the tracking data to police.

Brian Anderson says they submitted the request on Monday, so it's frustrating that it hasn't happened yet.

"It’s a simple device installed in the vehicle," Anderson said. "It constantly emits a signal so we’re kind of dumbfounded that it’s now 48 hours later and they still don’t have access to that information. We don’t understand, it’s after multiple contacts by ourselves and the police department."

Why does it take them so long??

A volunteer K-9 search team called Bridging the Gap from Oklahoma will be in Kansas City today to help law enforcement in their search.

__

Detectives were going to pull video from an ATM and a convenience store from the night she went missing. Toni was supposed to meet a friend at the store. She last texted her friend at 2:45 a.m., but she never showed up.

Toni tried to make two ATM withdrawals at 4:33 a.m., which would have been right before she texted her friend at 4:42 a.m. that she had been pulled over by police.

Investigators are doing a data dump of information from her cell phone in hopes of getting a better idea of who she was communicating with and where she was when the phone's battery died.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/KC-police-search-for-missing-Wichita-woman-411018955.html

i dont understand why the insurance company isnt being more cooperative...

i dont understand why the insurance company isnt being more cooperative...

Just a guess, IF the car was only in Toni's name, she is not a minor. Releasing info may have some legality to it. JUST SPECULATION.

Just a guess, IF the car was only in Toni's name, she is not a minor. Releasing info may have some legality to it. JUST SPECULATION.

The article said the parents had it installed:

Her parents also say for insurance purposes they had a GPS tracker on her car, and they hope that will help them find their daughter. She drives a 2014 black Ford Focus with Kansas plates: 989 GAX.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/01/18/police...ans-steps-after-traffic-stop-with-nkc-police/

At 20, I would assume she's still on her parent's insurance policy?

The article said the parents had it installed:

Her parents also say for insurance purposes they had a GPS tracker on her car, and they hope that will help them find their daughter. She drives a 2014 black Ford Focus with Kansas plates: 989 GAX.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/01/18/police...ans-steps-after-traffic-stop-with-nkc-police/

At 20, I would assume she's still on her parent's insurance policy?

I would speculate** that an insurance company can reduce like ' theft' portion of insurance if you have a GPS put on a vehicle. Never heard of this before but it makes some sense.

I would speculate** that an insurance company can reduce like ' theft' portion of insurance if you have a GPS put on a vehicle. Never heard of this before but it makes some sense.

My insurance company has a safe driving option that requires a device that plugs into your car and tracks things like miles driven, speed, driving times, and things like sudden stops. I would imagine the GPS is used for mileage purposes. I'm not exactly sure how it works (too creeped out. didn't ask for more info) but I know they will lower your rates if your data proves your a safe driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member