Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok- that makes sense. Insurance company has their own provider and does not share via app. GPS was still after market installed and someone knew this. Find that person .

There were two cop cars right there. The only person who could have disabled it is her.

My son just got his drivers license. Allstate informed me there is an app that tracks and rewards safe driving. It is a phone app. I didn't ask too many questions as I was under a time constraint while calling. It's on my to do list for the time being.

Was hers a phone app or device? I assume if the phone is shut down or ruined the phone app no longer works.

According to previous posts, it was a small device that plugs into a connector on the car.

IMO a gps would be pretty useless if it only measure speed with no correlation to location. For example if you're driving 65 on the interstate that's fine, but if you're doing that in a 35mph zone, that's speeding. They have to know a location to know the speed limit where you are to know if you're speeding.

Correct, but I am thinking that it doesn't return that data, and it's probably for privacy concerns. For example it's possibly a gps device that makes calculations on the unit itself and then returns the speed data back that is relative to the speed zone data of the gps location (speed zone map data stored on the device or requested/received anonymously). Meaning it never sends that gps location to the insurance provider, only speed data and possibly a "over speed limit" message if that is the case. Someone else mentioned that it also sent back data in regards to braking. For example if you are the type of driver who is going 45mph and then heavy on your breaks often, they are going to see that you are likely following people too close or braking later than you should and making you higher risk for an accident.

I don't know this gps element for sure, but I have seen articles before about why people don't want that gps thing and it has to do with not being tracked - privacy concerns. So what I suggested might be happening is a solution that gives insurance company what they want and maintains the driver's privacy.

Her turning off the gps tracker after being pulled over by the cops makes perfect sense if she was on her way to see a dealer. A lot of people get paranoid that the police are going to track them so they shut off those devices in a close call situation. The smarter more discrete people anyways.

So if she was just getting off work why didn't she just pay cash (gas stations take singles ) when the debit didn't work?

Speculating only. She may have needed the cash. Because you pay people you owe money to in cash.

"Her father told Fox News that police said there were “two attempts” to use Toni’s ATM card at the QuikTrip location and shortly after that, her GPS stopped working. However, Brian said Toni’s insurance company indicates the GPS on her vehicle tracked her to the gas station before it ceased to function."

(source)

So it was GPS equipped, and it was disconnected at the gas station. It seems likely she intended to go missing.

Her turning off the gps tracker after being pulled over by the cops makes perfect sense if she was on her way to see a dealer. A lot of people get paranoid that the police are going to track them so they shut off those devices in a close call situation. The smarter more discrete people anyways.

Except that the device reports if it is unplugged and you're not allowed to. You might as well not have it if you're going to unplug it.

Except that the device reports if it is unplugged and you're not allowed to. You might as well not have it if you're going to unplug it.

If it actually reports if it is unplugged then why did it take them three days to figure out that it got disconnected at the gas station?

So in general the device is suppose to be beneficial for a driver. Beneficial.
You get substantial money off your insurance so she was using it for a reason to benefit her. Disconnecting it would be detrimental to her. And why have it at all just to unplug it all the time to speed up or do consistent drug deals? Doesn't make sense.
So she must have turned it off for a really good reason. Or the last person to see her made her turn it off.

If you are looking to disappear or fake being kidnapped, you might not be worried about this in the least :) just saying.

Nobody said she didn't, have they? All we know is that the debit card was declined. She could have used a credit card or cash.

Nope but I guess we would have a clerks description of her mood etc...

"Her father told Fox News that police said there were “two attempts” to use Toni’s ATM card at the QuikTrip location and shortly after that, her GPS stopped working. However, Brian said Toni’s insurance company indicates the GPS on her vehicle tracked her to the gas station before it ceased to function."

(source)

So it was GPS equipped, and it was disconnected at the gas station. It seems likely she intended to go missing.

But why disconnect it there? Why that gas station? JMO, if one intended to go missing you'd think she would have left work and disconnected it before heading out to go missing. Also she told friends she was meeting them. Typically one in such despair to go missing would just say they couldn't make it.

If it actually reports if it is unplugged then why did it take them three days to figure out that it got disconnected at the gas station?

It didn't. It took a few days to get the info from the insurance company. Not the same thing.

Are Toni and Pete not fb friends? He is logged into her fb account so I went to find his in her friends list to no avail. But he does have an account. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

And just because your not allowed to do something doesn't stop people from doing it. I know people that turn off all communication devices like cellphones, gps after passing a cop on their way to do an illegal transaction. A slap on the wrist from an insurance company is a lot better sounding then possibly having something on that a cop can track and get busted especially when the person was already busted in the past.

You get substantial money off your insurance so she was using it for a reason to benefit her. Disconnecting it would be detrimental to her. And why have it at all just to unplug it all the time to speed up or do consistent drug deals? Doesn't make sense.
So she must have turned it off for a really good reason. Or the last person to see her made her turn it off.

If you are looking to disappear or fake being kidnapped, you are ok with this aspect.

We really don't know if she did this in the past and it was normal. But if after being pulled over by a cop, you can imagine that she might be thinking....hmmm that was a close call. Maybe they are able to track me with this gps and so me doing this drug deal right now is a bit risky. paranoia might make you turn it off to reduce the risk, if only in your mind :)

How often might she have been pulled over right before doing a drug transaction of some sort? That might be the WHY as to her choice in this particular situation.

All theorizing about what someone might do. But in any of the situations, I don't think she fears her insurance rates more than the alternatives.

I wonder if she communicated through encrypted time sensitive applications like wickr. Any young savvy person actually dealing with drug usage would be utilizing something like this. So perhaps there were other communications, just not via text.

bbm - I believe her parents installed it for her. She might not have wanted it - or not all the time at least.

This one is a head scratcher. Everyone has great thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper