Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is the "norm" before police suspect foul play? Are they waiting for pings? Looking at perhaps a POI? For Toni to just walk back into work like nothing happened? Perhaps I am naive and people flip and just walk away from their life... no belongings, no phone, no contact with family. It just seems bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could go either way on this.

I've seen families get VERY frustrated because police fail to take a disappearance seriously.

But also, even last year, there was a slow moving case the police kept very quiet about. And it turns out, in the end, they did have some additional information they were sitting on while watching the community...and they eventually got the person responsible. So LEOs may be purposefully downplaying what they have in order to make a POI feel more comfortable and less suspicious while being observed.

Anyone else find it weird that her phone was on until 9:30 that night but the last text was at 4:53 that morning. Why weren't her friends and family blowing up her phone?

It sounds like she lived a nocturnal type lifestyle. So it may be people knew she slept until 5-6 pm the next day. If the LE is stating they know that the 9:30 text was the last text received then they have her phone data. No way they could state this without the data.

Too many things with this case do not make any sense.

I don't understand how her phone could be connected to the network till 9:30pm but the last text she got was before 5am. Wouldn't her friends and family be texting her throughout the day looking for her? How does a phone remain connected to a network but not receive messages or calls?

I posted this earlier..it could've been put on airplane mode and more than likely that seems to be the case if the phone was on til 9:30pm yet not receiving/sending messages, phone calls.

If anyone has any other ideas as to why feel free to jump in

There have been several posts clarifying that this is a nice area surrounded by upscale apartment buildings and expensive neighborhoods.

I have seen posts saying both, so I took to streetview to see myself.

Thanks for the video link. That's heartbreaking seeing how upset her mother is.

Another point from that video: her car had Sedgwick County, Kansas tags, which is Wichita.

So maybe her parents did help her with the car.

One problem I see in the voluntarily missing idea is that surely she would know all of her private information would be dug into and exposed. Would she be willing to have that happen?

Anyone else find it weird that her phone was on until 9:30 that night but the last text was at 4:53 that morning. Why weren't her friends and family blowing up her phone?

I don't know that it's been specified that this wasn't the case. I believe the 4:53 might have been HER last text, but we just didn't know who she texted -- and still don't. (but police do)

But I'd be very surprised if friends/family weren't sending texts.

But... it is odd that we see these screenshots of a final text and we see one reply of a whyyyy -- but nobody texting a "you ok?" "what happened"? Maybe there are but they just don't scroll down for us to see that?

I posted this earlier..it could've been put on airplane mode and more than likely that seems to be the case if the phone was on til 9:30pm yet not receiving/sending messages, phone calls.

If anyone has any other ideas as to why feel free to jump in

Good thinking! Many people will charge a phone in airplane mode because it charges more quickly. If she was low on battery she could have switched it to APM to charge on late night drive

One problem I see in the voluntarily missing idea is that surely she would know all of her private information would be dug into and exposed. Would she be willing to have that happen?

That is true, and maybe that's a detail that supports a scam and not a disappearance. In a scam, you'd be giving yourself away if you did a cleanup job on your past.

I'm pretty positive airplane mode takes you off the cell network though so it couldn't have been connected to the network till 9:30pm then.

I wouldn't want people digging around in my personal life, but since she advertised on social media that she strips and wrote Tumblr blogs about her lifestyle, she may not have as many reservations about people knowing her world.

I'm pretty positive airplane mode takes you off the cell network though so it couldn't have been connected to the network till 9:30pm then.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204234

Apple states at the above link you can have Airplane mode on and still utilize wifi

https://www.google.com/amp/www.howt...and-is-it-really-necessary/amp/?client=safari

Further info above. There's no evidence or solid evidence given to us by LE so this was the logical conclusion that I came to.

You can have airplane mode on and utilize wifi and use apps such as whatsapp to make phone calls. This theory would fall more in line with her taking off on her own though.

Depends on what the reason for disappearing is. Her sm might be the least of her issues. I'd say she's an open book anyhow tho. Peoples opinions don't seem a concern for her

That is true, and maybe that's a detail that supports a scam and not a disappearance. In a scam, you'd be giving yourself away if you did a cleanup job on your past.

I was thinking some of the info they might find could get her into some trouble, though.

I think your average person has no idea how easy it is to find things that they think they have hidden. Seen it many times where they delete embarrassing stuff after they get back. Quite often these things aren't thought through very well...

Apple states at the above link you can have Airplane mode on and still utilize wifi

https://www.google.com/amp/www.howt...and-is-it-really-necessary/amp/?client=safari

Further info above. There's no evidence or solid evidence given to us by LE so this was the logical conclusion that I came to.

You can have airplane mode on and utilize wifi and use apps such as whatsapp to make phone calls. This theory would fall more in line with her taking off on her own though.

I was reading earlier too that modern phones have 2 OS's, one that is active and what the users use and the other is in the background and is still active when the phone is set to airplane mode etc so the phone still pings to any connecting tower. This is how LE and other depts can access info, the FBI use it.

If you suspected your phone were being tracked and wanted to start covering your tracks without snapping it in half, your first bet might be to simply turn on airplane mode. That won’t cut it.
“Every phone has two operating systems,” explains Gary S. Miliefsky, CEO of SnoopWall, “One that connects to cellular networks, and one that interfaces with the consumer. Airplane mode may only disable features in the consumer facing operating system, such as Android or iOS, but not in the OS used between the phone and the carrier network. A phone may be giving out a ‘ping’ and you’d never know it.”

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/police-hackers-phone-tracking/

Wifi has nothing to do with a cellphone network. If she was on airplane mode then she could be connected to an internet source anywhere that has wifi like coffeshops or businesses. It would not however be connected to any cellphone towers. It has been reported though that her phone was connected to the t-mobile network till 9:30pm in which it went dark. If the phone was connected to the network till 9:30 then there is no reason why the phone would not receive any messages after 5am.

I was reading earlier too that modern phones have 2 OS's, one that is active and what the users use and the other is in the background and is still active when the phone is set to airplane mode etc so the phone still pings to any connecting tower. This is how LE and other depts can access info, the FBI use it.

Thanks skibaboo! Curious what the background operating system tracks. For example the Find friends/Find iPhone apps that are built into the phones.

The guy in that article is just plain wrong. Airplane mode shuts down the radios in your phone, to prevent interference with airplane electonics. Period. There's no way to ping any towers.

And if you manually enable wi-fi while in airplane mode, then that's an over-ride, and you're not really in proper airplane mode anymore....

I think a lot of the evidence seems to point that she may have went voluntarily missing. I understand how she must feel sometimes and the feeling of having to do things that you might not want to but need to do in order to get by in life. Sometimes life doesn`t go the way you plan and you get caught up in doing things you use to be morally objected to doing in order to keep a roof over your head and food on the table. Eventually you fall down the hole too far and start hating yourself and wanting to get away. You put on a face and smile around friends and pretend everything is okay and then one day you just break down and have to get away. Her friends and family may think this is out of character for her because she may have lead them to believe she was happy with where she was in life but on the inside she might have been depressed and just wanting to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71