Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
carpeverum said:
snipped by me...
At one point: I saw a man dressed entirely in dark blue (LE?) snapping photos of the front interior, driver's side of Toni's car.

Probably taking pix of the shift gear "where" it is; anything on the gas pedal? Seat belt cut by divers to take her body out? etc, etc.
well, at least I hope so!

MaxManning said:
Did I miss something? Is this from the actual dashcam footage? is that available somewhere? I thought they weren't going to release it?
Or was this in the CWD video and I missed it somehow?

What is CWD video?? TIA!

I've spent some time in google maps this morning and I'm now convinced that it's not probable that Toni ends up on that long road to the north that leads to the boat ramp. That road appears to be for someone towing a boat to the boat ramp, and it doesn't appear to be paved, but is actually gravel. So for her to just decide to make the right turn onto that gravel road would have most likely been a very deliberate one imo.

Possibly she was looking for a place to turn around some might say? But in street view she would have hand numerous places to simply do that because there was parking spaces before she would ever see that gravel road.

Now there is a pathway to that gravel road just after going over a small creek, but if you look in streetview it doesn't even look like a road, but a path. The map view makes you believe it's an actual road, but I think it's highly improbable she'd even see that if she hadn't been there before. So again, I think it'd be highly deliberate if she chose that route.

In a nutshell due to all these details, I find it harder to believe she ends up on that gravel road leading ultimately to the boat ramp by accident such as in a situation where she's lost and looking for a way to turn around. I think now it's more probable that she would have went along shore to the dog park. In that case, the boat ramp would make no sense to accidentally go off, because she'd have to swing a hard left.

So... my conclusion is that if she didn't go down that slope via losing control on main street, I think it's highly improbable this is an accident of going off the boat ramp. Not impossible, but just highly improbable.

The slope seems to be the most likely route for an accident.

I see no gravel road. The road you mention is paved. Look at the painted crosswalk. Please post a closeup of the map location you believe to be gravel.

Probably taking pix of the shift gear "where" it is; anything on the gas pedal? Seat belt cut by divers to take her body out? etc, etc.
well, at least I hope so!

What is CWD video?? TIA!

"Crime Watch Daily"

Not buying it. If they would have searched in that area, they would have found the SUV
That was my question too when the sonar guy explained how they could have missed Toni s car. Ok, that explanation is fine considering it wasn't down there long. But, the SUV was, so....

Also, I haven't caught up yet and hate to bring up the connected to the network thing but I'm wondering if Toni had 2 devices. Maybe an iPad or iPod that would be "connected to the network" after her phone was off. Wouldn't really explain much but just a random thought I had.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Is this what I have correct? I was thinking that there'd been a recent update with paving. It's been what I've been looking at to base my opinion.
attachment.php

This is a picture of the immediate area. If she was going to accidentally be driving and then go into the water she would have likely come from that gravel road extending from the far left of this image. So if you look in satellite view or even map view, follow that gravel road back and you see it goes way back to the north and around. There is only 2 ways to get on that gravel road and one of them is hard to spot even during the day, so I'm going to say near impossible at night.

Go to satellite view in google maps and look at the ways to get on that gravel road. The streetview has dated pictured, but satellite images are from 2017 it says and certainly look more recent. But you will see what I mean, the first connecting gravel road goes into trees before it connects to Main street. Very hard to see although I'd love if someone could post a current view as I agree they could have changed it. But even in satellite view with current image you can see that you can't even see where the gravel road connects with main street near that creek.

Now the second entrance to that gravel road is after you curve to the right on main street and it is far more visible, but again... to me it appears to be a gravel road, not paved. That is why I asked someone earlier who said they were at the park if they could get some current imagery of that road that goes around the back of the dog park.

I just find it so hard to believe that toni would go left to right on that picture you have above and then swing a hard left to get on the boat ramp. She'd have to deliberately want to get on that boat ramp. Whereas from that gravel road and it being at night, she could probably just drive right onto it and hit brakes and slide forward. make sense? To me that makes alot of sense, but the WHY part in regards to why she'd go on that gravel road is what I am questioning.

That was my question too when the sonar guy explained how they could have missed Toni s car. Ok, that explanation is fine considering it wasn't down there long. But, the SUV was, so....

Also, I haven't caught up yet and hate to bring up the connected to the network thing but I'm wondering if Toni had 2 devices. Maybe an iPad or iPod that would be "connected to the network" after her phone was off. Wouldn't really explain much but just a random thought I had.

Other devices would be on a different network. While driving it would be her cellular neteork vs... iPad that would be a wifi network. One could have cellular on iPad but it's not likely. Even if it was they can differentiate the placement and device it is coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...ca6eed4e4df8291!8m2!3d39.1861416!4d-94.692841

Thats a good example of what I am talking about in terms of alignment of the gravel road with the ramp. It's not a straight line, you'd need to jog left. So I can see that as a reason why she might turn her wheel quickly to try and adjust and then lose control if it's icy and go right down the ramp. That's all very understandable.

the part about how she gets on the gravel road is the part I'm having trouble understanding. If her destination was the dog park it makes no sense. If she was lost and looking for a way to turn around it makes no sense, because she just passed some parking spots where she could have accomplished that.

Only reasons I can think of for her to go on that gravel road is if she WANTED to go to the boat ramp or if she was being chased and was trying to be evasive. I just think it'd have to be deliberate for her to go from a paved to a gravel road.

I'm speaking in terms of probability, as always, someone obviously could just think.. hmm.. i wonder where this goes. even at 5:30am. but.. ya know, I'm just talking about probability and motivations for a given decision.

I see no gravel road. The road you mention is paved. Look at the painted crosswalk. Please post a closeup of the map location you believe to be gravel.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...ca6eed4e4df8291!8m2!3d39.1861416!4d-94.692841

Here is where main street connects to what I think appears to be a gravel road. it's a satellite image, so It's hard for someone to see actual gravel :) The streetview is very old and it's not even a road back there at that point.

So that is why I have asked for more current images of this location or closer to the boat ramp. It could just be a lower grade of pavement, but to me, it has the look of a gravel road as the edges are less sharp/defined.

Other devices would be on a different network. While driving it would be her cellular neteork vs... iPad that would be a wifi network. One could have cellular on iPad but it's not likely. Even if it was they can differentiate the placement and device it is coming from.

Thanks. Technology ain't my thing. 😊

Alright, here's an image of a road that looks the same in the satellite image visually , and here it is in streetview :

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...4df8291!8m2!3d39.1861416!4d-94.692841!6m1!1e1

here it is in satellite :

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...4df8291!8m2!3d39.1861416!4d-94.692841!6m1!1e1

and you can see that the road on the left side of main st, looks the same visually as the road on the right of main st. so they look the same in satellite, and if you look in the streetview -- that road on the right is NOT paved, it's a fine gravel, more like a walking path. That road on the left side of main street is a road that leads to the boat ramp.

Sorry, if this is hard to verify, but it is important to make the distinction as I do think people make note of such things in determining if they are going to go down a gravel road. Even if dark out, she turns there and she's gonna KNOW she's on a gravel road because it's gonna feel different.

Here is where main street connects to what I think appears to be a gravel road. it's a satellite image, so It's hard for someone to see actual gravel :) The streetview is very old and it's not even a road back there at that point.

So that is why I have asked for more current images of this location or closer to the boat ramp. It could just be a lower grade of pavement, but to me, it has the look of a gravel road as the edges are less sharp/defined.

Your link shows a location for a pathway that runs along the perimeter of the park. That pathway is an unpaved dog walk, and is too narrow to accommodate even a small vehicle. If someone is disoriented, impaired, and/or fatigued late at night in the dark, I suppose it's somehow possible to wind up there.

Wow check out top post on shared by PS Snr
#missingtonianderson
Killer Cop

Your link shows a location for a pathway that runs along the perimeter of the park. That pathway is an unpaved dog walk, and is too narrow to accommodate even a small vehicle. If someone is disoriented, impaired, and/or fatigued late at night in the dark, I suppose it's somehow possible to wind up there.

Thank you.

So my point is, I don't buy that she'd accidentally go down the boatramp. Because if that is a dog path and that is obvious, she certainly wouldn't go that way unless maybe being chased or disoriented, impaired, fatigued.

But if she wasn't any of those things, it makes no sense. So the idea of her going down main street directly to the dog park and hanging a hard left onto the boat ramp, is even more unlikely imo.

So I do think she either went down the slope or someone pushed that car down the boat ramp. Just like that SUV.

If she was all disoriented, fatgued etc etc... She gets onto the path that is narrower in the road and has to go all that way to get to the boat ramp? If she's so impaired I'd expect that she very possibly goes of that road before she ever makes the boat ramp.

All probability, but I'm just finding that path which would make the boat ramp a more likely accident, an unlikely route. What would make the most sense to me is the being chased scenario. Because then she would be looking to be evasive.

The more I think about all this, the more I think the slope is the highest probability way she gets in the water and that if she entered via boat ramp I'd guess it's far more likely there is foul play involved.

I feel as if some are eager to suggest disoriented, fatigued, impaired. Yet 30 mins or so earlier she's pulled over by an officer and he's not going to notice these things? After being pulled over, that can often wake you up a bit if you are fatigued. Also, if you are fatigued, why are you making a trip out there? Probability that she has a destination that involves meeting someone is pretty high imo.

Yes, I think we can safely assume that her car was never on the walking path. It's not a gravel road, it's just a path for pedestrians (human and dog)...and maybe rugged bikes.

:pcguru:
computer-losy-smiley.gif

It's been a bit slow loading for me too!

:welcome5: to you n_6CC! Sorry to hear about your child's swim coach! You can get verified as an insider here if you like; then your words won't be considered "rumors".
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?521-Verified-Professional-and-Insider-Members

and anyone else that are/were firends with Toni.

Sorry if this has already been posted previously - just trying to catch up with you all!

Thank you for posting this I appreciate it :)

One thing that we need to consider in this case is the temperature of the water in the Missouri River in that area in Jan/Feb/March. Even under the best of circumstances, extremely cold water makes it impossible to swim for any length of time. It also may do a better job of preserving biological evidence in a case like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member