Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just say this. This is one of the only cases I can recall where the details from LE (or someone) about the case seemed to change as realities were exposed.

1. She didn't get pulled over -- scrutiny and cell phone proof -- ok, she got pulled over, we were unaware.
2. She got pulled over at 9:40 -- bank information from family gives concrete time for her at QT -- ok, she got pulled over at 4:25 -- our bad...
3. Her phone was disconnected at 9:30 pm - car is found submerged and it becomes obvious it could only be active if not in that car -- err.. 9:30pm disconnection time was bad information all along.

:/

I think I'd be a whole lot less skeptical if that wasn't the case. I have one last theory that I am not going to even mention, because I think ultimately this is about her parents wishes. They have suffered the greatest loss and I can understand how any amount of further scrutiny that they don't approve of is only adding more pain and stress to an already painful enough ordeal.

RIP Toni, I hope I speak for all of us when I say that learning about you over the past 2 months had us feeling your loss via exposure to how special you were, and that you were not able to follow your dreams/aspirations to completion due to this tragedy. We all likely know someone very much like you... someone kind , caring, compassionate, and accepting of others. Theres a little bit of you that will live on in all our memories, even though we never met you. Your parents should be proud of you, because we all know that these qualities I speak of are not a given nowadays, but you most certainly possessed them in spades.

again.. RIP Toni

The family has been raked through the coals on SM. This case had many throwing rocks in glass houses. We don't walk in their shoes. For them it may be enough is enough ( for now).

Very tragic . I would think there is much more to the story of Toni Anderson and her death... I don't feel we will ever hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except for the fact that person is STILL out there.
And you're right, we probably won't.

Did I miss something? Is this from the actual dashcam footage? is that available somewhere? I thought they weren't going to release it?

Or was this in the CWD video and I missed it somehow?

It's the traffic stop. Remember how Toni paused and had her blinker on? It cut away before we could tell if she turned or crossed burlington. SHE TURNED RIGHT and we just found that out 3 or 4 days ago.

I believe that she was purposely at the park. I walk here frequently and there is just no way I can see that she is there because she's lost. That area of the park is very remote. On the way in to that remote area are other options for stopping to collect yourself and check your phones navigation to get your bearings. I think this was a meeting for a hook up (sorry if it seems insensitive and I'm not judging just MHO). That gels with the time she left the QT, and the last ping. I believe she was leaving the parking lot and instead of taking a hard left onto the road out, she mistook the boat ramp for the road and ended up in the river. I agree with all who say that we will never hear more about it. Her family likely does not want to face the reality of her life. I admit I looked at some of her SM posts when she was still in HS. Her grades were awful, she dressed provocatively and hinted at drug use. At 16-17 years old. Her parents must be completely in denial about the path she was on. Probably ready to let it rest this way to preserve their image of her in their minds. Sad for everyone she left behind. Such a waste of a young life.

I don't understand how you come to that.
This picture taken from a still shot of one of two videos showing the traffic stop from dash cam I think. There's no street sign pole overhead if you're on 26th facing east nor is there a U-turn sign. You can see the QT red logo in between the light poles.

Thank you for stating the obvious. Ace knows better. It's the same footage from the dealership, (not dash cam) but it shows what she did after she paused at the light. All three cars turned right.

Except for the fact that person is STILL out there.
And you're right, we probably won't.

I agree with you . I have a gut feeling there is more to it and too political for us to know. If they were stating she was driving at a high speed, lost control and plunged into the lake I could accept that. Turning into a boat launch without any connection we know of and submerging and drowning... nope. I am an experienced kayaker, sailor and have launched many of boats. Launches don't drop that quickly. There are small schools of fish reported around the launch on the fishing site ( that is not loading). It's not a deep launch...

If launches were easily mistaken as a road there would be a "whole lotta" drunk fisherman at the bottom of many lakes!

http://m.risslakefishingclub.com/si...ww.risslakefishingclub.com/&fb_sig_network=fw

I believe that she was purposely at the park. I walk here frequently and there is just no way I can see that she is there because she's lost. That area of the park is very remote. On the way in to that remote area are other options for stopping to collect yourself and check your phones navigation to get your bearings. I think this was a meeting for a hook up (sorry if it seems insensitive and I'm not judging just MHO). That gels with the time she left the QT, and the last ping. I believe she was leaving the parking lot and instead of taking a hard left onto the road out, she mistook the boat ramp for the road and ended up in the river. I agree with all who say that we will never hear more about it. Her family likely does not want to face the reality of her life. I admit I looked at some of her SM posts when she was still in HS. Her grades were awful, she dressed provocatively and hinted at drug use. At 16-17 years old. Her parents must be completely in denial about the path she was on. Probably ready to let it rest this way to preserve their image of her in their minds. Sad for everyone she left behind. Such a waste of a young life.

Do you know approximately how deep it is at the end of the boat ramp? Even though I see an accident as being more likely than foul play, your explanation of her choosing the wrong route upon leaving is one of the more plausible I've heard.

It would be slowly covered by sand/sediment over time that hits against the car as the river flows. It would become buried.

You can simulate this kind of thing in a sandbox if you have one. Make a long river and put a toy car in there. Start pouring water into the mouth of your river and see how it carries sand along the bottom of your river and hits the car and eventually will cover it over time.

That is a very good analogy about sand/mud being carried along by the currents. i just came acxross this case when i seen she was found and oh my lord, heartfelt prayers to her famly. i cant even imagine whats going through their minds. so far, IMO, seems she went to that park on purpose for one reason or another. i could be wrong, but so far i think it was an accident by either disorientation or by the conditions that night. someone said she had worn tires? worn tires dont have much grip especially since maybe ice on roads. :rose: RIP Toni :rose:

Do we know if they've recovered her phone yet?

If she doesn't have it on her, that raises questions.

Sometimes it's possible to recover data from wet phones. Any possibility experts could get the phone to turn on and recover any recent app activity etc.? I've known several people who successfully re-powered their phones after dropping/losing their phones in lakes nearby where I live...but albeit, they weren't submerged for weeks. Sometimes, the phone's audio didn't work or keys couldn't all be depressed, but the screen could be engaged and so on.

Do you know approximately how deep it is at the end of the boat ramp? Even though I see an accident as being more likely than foul play, your explanation of her choosing the wrong route upon leaving is one of the more plausible I've heard.

Most boat launches go in gradual so you can back in... I would guess gradual slope to 6 feet where boat is launched and back tires are getting wet. then dropping off past that...

I agree with you . I have a gut feeling there is more to it and too political for us to know. If they were stating she was driving at a high speed, lost control and plunged into the lake I could accept that. Turning into a boat launch without any connection we know of and submerging and drowning... nope. I am an experienced kayaker, sailor and have launched many of boats. Launches don't drop that quickly. There are small schools of fish reported around the launch on the fishing site ( that is not loading). It's not a deep launch...

If launches were easily mistaken as a road there would be a "whole lotta" drunk fisherman at the bottom of many lakes!

http://m.risslakefishingclub.com/si...ww.risslakefishingclub.com/&fb_sig_network=fw

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...runk-when-she-drove-into-brandon-lake/2224055

Here ya go.
She drove down the boat ramp.

Most boat launches go in gradual so you can back in... I would guess gradual slope to 6 feet where boat is launched and back tires are getting wet. then dropping off past that...

As I mentioned above, that's my guess too. I'd love to hear a local confirm the depth though. I do know some rivers don't always allow for as graduated entries as lakes do.

Hi everyone.

Thread #6 is open for posting.

Please start making your way over there.

This thread will close in about 10 minutes. :seeya:

Just to add some alternative ideas...I live near many bodies of water and people drive off docks more than you would suspect. Please Google "accidentally drove off dock" to see many news reports of such incidents.

I don't know how deep the water is there. The orientation of the ramp makes me feel like she couldn't have really seen where she was until she was on the ramp. Ice on the ramp (NOT necessarily from an ice storm which has been a matter of debate here, but just from cold temps near moisture) could have caused her to slide if she braked once she realized she was on the ramp. Also if it was a hookup (the poster who pointed to all the check ins convinces me this could be a place to do that) she could have been impaired and possibly in a hurry to get out of there before being discovered by a random police patrol through the park. If she met someone there the cops probably know about it (not necessarily released the info to public) which is why they have been going with the accident theory. Also could be why everyone was so focused on the park area. They knew she was there to meet someone. Jmo

Body in Missouri River was missing Toni Anderson, mother says police told her

Liz Anderson said the body was identified from clothing Toni Anderson was last seen wearing.

“There was no foul play, “Anderson said. “I’m so grateful for that.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article138088153.html#storylink=cpy

I feel for her for losing her daughter, but doesnt she flip flop on what happened to her daughter? does the police or some have her ear, so to speak? i would have wanted to wait until the autopsy was finished and then i would have one done by an outsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties