Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to know... was Toni indeed enrolled and paid up to start those classes at UMKC on Monday morning? Were her parents assuming it was paid up and it was not? I can't rule out accident, or suicide, but having been to that boatramp, and the park, and understanding her route that night.. You just do not accidentally end up in that park. And I just don't think you accidentally drive into the Missouri River and I don't think you choose to kill yourself by driving into the Missouri River in January.

But then again, everything I hear is that this girl had some rough miles on her for just a 20 year old. She was not new to this life. It sounds like she was
in that lifestyle in high school. Maybe she was burnt out. Maybe the school thing was intimidating her.

I just think this is case closed now. Her parents want closure understandably, and LE wants to call it closed as well.

She posted on her twitter that she paid the $1200 tuition in cash. So she was paid up and good to go. I do think the school thing played a role in her decision. I posted stuff long ago about how she was not into the school thing. She felt she had to go, but had serious misgivings. It really sounded like she hated it. Suffered anxiety and perhaps struggled for good grades. Not sure on the grades thing, though.

[video=twitter;803348066849980416]https://twitter.com/Tonianderson2/status/803348066849980416[/video]

I am starting to feel like police are just going to close the case. That they aren't going to release any info from her phone or the accident scene (such as the suspected path her vehicle took to enter the water). They will likely release the toxicology report tho, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. I have a feeling the parents' statements are meant to close the door on the release of any further info like toxicology report or confirmed manner of death.

I can't see someone that works at a strip bar has to go that far to buy weed...but maybe so.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Totally fair. I do agree with previous posters that it would either have to be a large amount, or perhaps that wasn't the only thing she was buying. Obviously from her twitter we know she had a penchant for harder stuff.

Me too. I have a feeling the parents' statements are meant to close the door on the release of any further info like toxicology report or confirmed manner of death.

I agree. We might want more investigation however it's their daughter. There is a part of them that wants to remember toni as the innocent young girl she once was. I may not agree with sweeping it under the rug however if they choose to close and LE is closing it then nothing else can be done. The boyfriend doesn't have any "rights" in the matter. It is sad. I hope he can find closure.

I've read enough "boat ramp death" stories now to be convinced that it does appear likely that Toni suffered a tragic accident. It happens a lot more frequently than you think, from the looks of the google results. It seems that in many boat ramp cases, the victim is young (20-30), their cars sustain damage (or lack thereof) similar to Toni's, it happened very late at night, and often involves alcohol.

In fact compared to some of these similar cases, I feel grateful we ever found Toni (which is all 100% thanks to the talented saints over at Watters Sonar). Could have been much worse: http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-iof-missing-man-found-in-retention-pond.html

However, that doesn't mean our fight is over or that we have all the answers -- As PS Jr said in his interview, what would Toni have wanted? I think she would want us to make 100% sure that this was truly an accident, she would want due diligence. I do believe she would want the dashcam footage and QT video to be released. I also think if she really did meet her demise in this tragic way, then we deserve a reenactment and a gate on that death ramp. MOO

I just can't wrap my head around accident. Living in a city that also has a big river running thru it, you don't accidentally drive into the huge Missouri River. I just can't buy that. A smaller lake or river that is not well known, possibly, but not the Missouri River.

With GPS and phones, I cannot accept the "got turned around and lost" theory. FB comments have stated she had a GPS on the dash in her car. If this were the case, there is just no way. I understand the tracking gps was unplugged, that has no bearing on the GPS on her dash. IMO even though she lived a risky lifestyle she also appeared street smart, not some dumb girl unaware of her surroundings.

Considering the timeline of her last texting at 4:45 or whatever it was and not returning the incoming text/call at 4:53, that means she would have had to drive straight to the park and straight into the water? Just does not make sense.

It's also going to be a real testament to how the public takes this news. Toni's disappearance shined a light on some really ugly incompetence from local media and the KCPD, and that mistrust has been brewing here for many years. That plus the Kara Kopetsky and Jessica Runions case.....

I agree. We might want more investigation however it's their daughter. There is a part of them that wants to remember toni as the innocent young girl she once was. I may not agree with sweeping it under the rug however if they choose to close and LE is closing it then nothing else can be done. The boyfriend doesn't have any "rights" in the matter. It is sad. I hope he can find closure.

Right. I do get that. For sure. Although, the police wouldn't have to involve them too much to further investigate, I don't think. It's not like the parents even knew much about her lifestyle, so they wouldn't have more information on her circles.

I feel like the police may owe it to the community to make sure every I is dotted on this. To communicate that there is actual evidence that points to an accident. Or, in the absence of evidence, to do anything possible to rule out foul play was involved (which is not my suspicion). Otherwise, they risk a perpetrator being out there and picking off another girl.

It's also going to be a real testament to how the public takes this news. Toni's disappearance shined a light on some really ugly incompetence from local media and the KCPD, and that mistrust has been brewing here for many years. That plus the Kara Kopetsky and Jessica Runions case.....

And they have found several bodies recently. I do think it was most likely an accident, but if I lived there, I would want to know why they concluded that to be the case. Is there evidence to suggest that which hasn't been shared (even if they don't release the specifics of what it was)? Or are they just going with the most likely scenario like us?

If she was financially independent from her parents, she would be eligible for tons of grants and federal/state aid.

She could've also been on a payment plan and that was just a deposit or installment.

I have no idea what really happened to Toni. Only LE has a good idea of that.

I'd like to offer a different perspective, as I see so many posts suspecting the North KC PD. What if that cop is totally innocent? What if he busts his *advertiser censored* day after day doing his job because he wants to protect and serve? How terrible it could be for him to have this girl go missing and be found dead the night he pulled her over, and have so many people online speculating he killed, raped, molested or did something shady to her.

It is OK to wonder - that is what we do here, after all, but I'd request we look at the few facts we have, and apply occam's razor. Everything so far points to her driving off the boat ramp into the water. It has happened to other people several times before that we have seen here, in even more lit conditions than this totally unlit park with no barriers to the ramp (she never would have seen it coming till her car was already submerging). None of us can possibly imagine or suggest what Toni was doing, thinking or how she reacted to this event, not even her mother.

I don't believe the reports of the case being closed are accurate. They need a signed report from the ME before that can happen, and if her parents aren't going to push for a death investigation after that, there probably won't be one.

Nurses have potions in more places than you think. Allot of train in cadaver labs if the program is a good one as well. Don't knee jerk a reaction without a little digging on the subject. All MOO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Cadavers used in lab situations are not in various stages of decomp. I'm a nurse as well, have done several trainings with cadaver parts. Just not even remotely close to what pathologists and forensic scientists train and work with, at all. Unless a specific nurse had for some reason trained in forensic science and/or law enforcement, this is just not a subject that is within a nurse's knowledge and scope of practice.

What "potions" are you referring to that would give an RN any insight into forensics?

I have to say that living by a large river myself (Arkansas River in Little Rock) I have both heard stories on the news and seen first hand some really stupid things happen in connection with the river when drinking is involved. Not only have there been numerous incidents where people have gone down boat ramps and countless boating accidents, there have also been a LOT of cases where people have foolishly (in a drunken state) decided to swim across the river, which is so dangerous because of the current that it's illegal. While I was at a bar in my 20's I watched three drunk, grown men decide to leave the bar to attempt swim across the river. Two died. Sometimes it's nearly impossible to rationalize the actions of someone whose ability to think rationally has been compromised. I don't know for certain what happened to Toni, but for me it's just hard to completely dismiss this was an accident as it is to fully conclude it was foul play.

Cadavers used in lab situations are not in various stages of decomp. I'm a nurse as well, have done several trainings with cadaver parts. Just not even remotely close to what pathologists and forensic scientists train and work with, at all. Unless a specific nurse had for some reason trained in forensic science and/or law enforcement, this is just not a subject that is within a nurse's knowledge and scope of practice.

What "potions" are you referring to that would give an RN any insight into forensics?
The potions was good ol' autocorrect for positions. The point I was making was that a nurses opinion should not be discounted. As a nurse you know and did state, there are areas a nurse could work in that they would have knowledge of states of decomposition.

On the original post that I replied too was an absolute....which in this case I felt it didn't apply.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If that is the case then the public definitely needs to know. The police officer should be held accountable for not stopping her while under the influence. It could have saved her life and even others.

I DO think it's possible that if she was impaired by any drugs or alcohol that there was enough time after the traffic stop for her to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB