Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any comments I've seen by her friends stated that Toni didn't drink. When people comment with alcohol being a factor, there is always someone matter of factly stating she did not drink, therefore, I do not believe she was a drinker. That does not rule out drugs, but the time frame gives very little time from her being pulled over to become completely incapacitated and in the river.

Any comments I've seen by her friends stated that Toni didn't drink. When people comment with alcohol being a factor, there is always someone matter of factly stating she did not drink, therefore, I do not believe she was a drinker. That does not rule out drugs, but the time frame gives very little time from her being pulled over to become completely incapacitated and in the river.
That would really depend on the drug and the way it was taken

I have no idea what really happened to Toni. Only LE has a good idea of that.

I'd like to offer a different perspective, as I see so many posts suspecting the North KC PD. What if that cop is totally innocent? What if he busts his *advertiser censored* day after day doing his job because he wants to protect and serve? How terrible it could be for him to have this girl go missing and be found dead the night he pulled her over, and have so many people online speculating he killed, raped, molested or did something shady to her.

It is OK to wonder - that is what we do here, after all, but I'd request we look at the few facts we have, and apply occam's razor. Everything so far points to her driving off the boat ramp into the water. It has happened to other people several times before that we have seen here, in even more lit conditions than this totally unlit park with no barriers to the ramp (she never would have seen it coming till her car was already submerging). None of us can possibly imagine or suggest what Toni was doing, thinking or how she reacted to this event, not even her mother.

I don't believe the reports of the case being closed are accurate. They need a signed report from the ME before that can happen, and if her parents aren't going to push for a death investigation after that, there probably won't be one.

Agreed. But then release what the public is asking for. It's just that simple.

I'd like to offer a different perspective, as I see so many posts suspecting the North KC PD. What if that cop is totally innocent? What if he busts his *advertiser censored* day after day doing his job because he wants to protect and serve? How terrible it could be for him to have this girl go missing and be found dead the night he pulled her over, and have so many people online speculating he killed, raped, molested or did something shady to her.

It is OK to wonder - that is what we do here, after all, but I'd request we look at the few facts we have, and apply occam's razor. Everything so far points to her driving off the boat ramp into the water. It has happened to other people several times before that we have seen here, in even more lit conditions than this totally unlit park with no barriers to the ramp (she never would have seen it coming till her car was already submerging). None of us can possibly imagine or suggest what Toni was doing, thinking or how she reacted to this event, not even her mother.

I don't believe the reports of the case being closed are accurate. They need a signed report from the ME before that can happen, and if her parents aren't going to push for a death investigation after that, there probably won't be one.

I do not suspect the police officer of wrong doing in this case, but I do think it would make sense to release the dash cam footage at some point. I understand why people, especially those living in that area, want to leave no stone unturned.

I also agree the case is not technically closed. At first, I thought we would hear more about LE's findings from the recovery in a press conference on Monday or today. But that doesn't seem to be their plan. Perhaps they will share more when the autopsy/toxicology is in? In order to believe it is an accident, they must have evidence or at least a working theory of how or why Toni went into the water. They may also have a more detailed timeline now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can't wrap my head around accident. Living in a city that also has a big river running thru it, you don't accidentally drive into the huge Missouri River. I just can't buy that. A smaller lake or river that is not well known, possibly, but not the Missouri River.

With GPS and phones, I cannot accept the "got turned around and lost" theory. FB comments have stated she had a GPS on the dash in her car. If this were the case, there is just no way. I understand the tracking gps was unplugged, that has no bearing on the GPS on her dash. IMO even though she lived a risky lifestyle she also appeared street smart, not some dumb girl unaware of her surroundings.

Considering the timeline of her last texting at 4:45 or whatever it was and not returning the incoming text/call at 4:53, that means she would have had to drive straight to the park and straight into the water? Just does not make sense.
I completely agree. She would have been driving next to this huge river and then turns left and just drives right into it...?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

At 276.50 per credit hour I do not see how $1200.00 knocks a dent in one semester at MUKC. My nephew goes to MU-Columbia.

To me there are so many things that just are not true from the principals of
this case. I am not victim bashing her I am looking for the truth. The "I m not really a stripper I am just working my way through school" thing has been over used by many. Possibly to have ticked someone off when time came to go to school.

JMO

I agree. That's the only thing I can think of as well. I don't think she would randomly be getting high in this park, when she was supposed to meet someone after work. Also, you're right, the officer would have noticed if she was on drugs or alcohol during the traffic stop.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

She talked a lot about the rave scene and pills on her social media in the year leading up to her disappearance. I'm wondering if maybe she had some drugs (MDMA, OxyContin, etc) on her when she got pulled over, just a couple of pills, and took them to hide the fact the she was carrying them. The 30 minutes or so it took for her to get to the area of the park after the stop would be just the amount of time needed for these types of drugs to kick in. She could have very easily gotten lost looking for her friend's place in this scenario, driven down Main St to the park, come to the end of the road, and slid down the ramp trying to turn around. If she were tripping or high on pain pills it would have been easy for her to succumb to the cold water before she realized what was happening. I imagine the friend she was meeting has cooperated (that last text may have been him asking where she was?) and the police have come to the conclusion that something similar happened. We may never know, though, I guess.

This is all speculation and MOO of course.

Everyone is clamoring for the release of info, videos, and explanations from the police. That material is not subject to release until the investigation is complete. The investigation cannot be complete until the medical examiner has made a ruling which can take a few months in Missouri. I have said it before and will say it again. The investigation becomes an open record once it is closed. Then and only then will the requested information be released upon proper request. We all need to call down and wait. All will be revealed soon.

She talked a lot about the rave scene and pills in her social media in the year leading up to her disappearance. I'm wondering if maybe she had some drugs (MDMA, OxyContin, etc) on her when she got pulled over, just a couple of pills, and took them to hide the fact the she was carrying them. The 30 minutes or so it took for her to get to the area of the park after the stop would be just the amount of time needed for these types of drugs to kick in. She could have very easily gotten lost looking for her friend's place in this scenario, driven down Main St to the park, came to the end of the road, and slid down the ramp trying to turn around. If she were tripping or high on pain pills it would have been easy for her to succumb to the cold water before she realized what was happening. I imagine the friend she was meeting has cooperated (that last text may have been him asking where she was?) and the police have come to the conclusion that something similar happened. We may never know, though, I guess.

That's an interesting theory about her taking pills at the stop...

In any case, I do think she was lost, looking to meet someone, or turning around when she took that wrong turn or lost control and ended up in the water.

I mentioned before that I live near many lakes and these sorts of accidents, no matter how outrageous, happen more than one might think. I shared a video of a car submerging as the riders try to get out earlier in this thread and watching it clearly demonstrates how little time a person has to get out of a vehicle before it's too late.

That's an interesting theory about her taking pills at the stop...

In any case, I do think she was lost, looking to meet someone, or turning around when she took that wrong turn or lost control and ended up in the water.

I mentioned before that I live near many lakes and these sorts of accidents, no matter how outrageous, happen more than one might think. I shared a video of a car submerging as the riders try to get out earlier in this thread and watching it clearly demonstrates how little time a person has to get out of a vehicle before it's too late.

Exactly. Being submerged in ice cold water can also cause one to hyperventilate and drown much more quickly than normal. It happens all the time is cold water river rafting, boating, etc.. People just huff in a huge lung full of water as soon as they splash in and they're gone.

Everyone is clamoring for the release of info, videos, and explanations from the police. That material is not subject to release until the investigation is complete. The investigation cannot be complete until the medical examiner has made a ruling which can take a few months in Missouri. I have said it before and will say it again. The investigation becomes an open record once it is closed. Then and only then will the requested information be released upon proper request. We all need to call down and wait. All will be revealed soon.

That coupled with the fact that she and her car were recovered from Parkville which is in Platte County I believe. She was sopped by NKCP which I believe is in Clay County. Three different counties to cooperate, communicate and be on the same page. However I do think that Platte County will be the one to sign off on findings.

KCMO other than beginning the investigation would not be the one to bring charges if any unless a crime was committed in their jurisdiction.

JMO

She talked a lot about the rave scene and pills on her social media in the year leading up to her disappearance. I'm wondering if maybe she had some drugs (MDMA, OxyContin, etc) on her when she got pulled over, just a couple of pills, and took them to hide the fact the she was carrying them. The 30 minutes or so it took for her to get to the area of the park after the stop would be just the amount of time needed for these types of drugs to kick in. She could have very easily gotten lost looking for her friend's place in this scenario, driven down Main St to the park, come to the end of the road, and slid down the ramp trying to turn around. If she were tripping or high on pain pills it would have been easy for her to succumb to the cold water before she realized what was happening. I imagine the friend she was meeting has cooperated (that last text may have been him asking where she was?) and the police have come to the conclusion that something similar happened. We may never know, though, I guess.

That's actually a reasonable scenario, in terms of how she would become highly impaired at a later time, so the officer wouldn't have thought she was impaired at that point.

Thanks for that.

That's actually a reasonable scenario, in terms of how she would become highly impaired at a later time, so the officer wouldn't have thought she was impaired at that point.

Thanks for that.

With her front wheel drive car, all it would take was her front tires going just over the lip of the top of the ramp during a three point turn and she would loose all traction on the icy concrete. It could easily start an unrecoverable slide toward the river, especially for someone impaired. Areas right on the water also tend to have a lot of moisture in the air, which could make conditions on the ramp more slick than the roads she had been driving on earlier. I don't think it's an unreasonable possibility.

Also consider that this is a boat ramp. Boat trailers and motors purge a ton of water in the minutes after they come out of the water. When someone trailers a boat and pulls it up a ramp, they generally park at the top to finish securing the boat to the trailer's tie down points. If only a couple people had pulled out boats at the end of the day on that ramp, a huge slick spot could have formed at the top of the ramp after sundown. The ramp would obviously be very icy as well.

The theories, before she was found ranged from she ran off, sex traffic, ran off with a sugar daddy, planned to get $ gofund me, stalked by a strip club freak, pulled over by fake cop, wrecked, body of waters, ice, no ice, some fancy drug deal...she drove a focus. She wasn't what I would call balling. She made enough to pay bills and play. I don't think #1 that she was a big time sex worker dealing copious amounts of drugs. She was 20, going to school. When someone disappears or dies it can be hard to accept a simple accident. That's too simple and closes a door that is so hard to close.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
We all had lots of theories in the search for Toni, but I truly believe it was a tragic accident. Nothing criminal. Just a very sad ending for a young life. RIP.

I don't recall reading this anywhere but has anyone seen or heard if she (or the body found in car) actually died from drowning (water in lungs etc)? Or is that something they don't know or won't release until autopsy is done?

Very good post.

It was about 3 degrees warmer than anticipated which made it not as bad. Still almost NOBODY went out on the roads. Anybody out on the roads were scrutinized a lot by LE as crazy or irresponsible. Doing a drug run to Plattville is not plausible....IMO

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather...s-kansas-missouri-brace-another-round-n707021

I can't find anything about it online, but there was a bad wreck around that same time on either 435 or 291 out east. I remember because I was hunkered down for the ice storm and glued to the news.

If this was your daughter, or friend I'm not so sure you'd be all that calm about it. Someone's signature, and I love it says something to the effect of no one cares about injustice until it happens to them.

With her front wheel drive car, all it would take was her front tires going just over the lip of the top of the ramp during a three point turn and she would loose all traction on the icy concrete. It could easily start an unrecoverable slide toward the river, especially for someone impaired. Areas right on the water also tend to have a lot of moisture in the air, which could make conditions on the ramp more slick than the roads she had been driving on earlier. I don't think it's an unreasonable possibility.

Also consider that this is a boat ramp. Boat trailers and motors purge a ton of water in the minutes after they come out of the water. When someone trailers a boat and pulls it up a ramp, they generally park at the top to finish securing the boat to the trailer's tie down points. If only a couple people had pulled out boats at the end of the day on that ramp, a huge slick spot could have formed at the top of the ramp after sundown. The ramp would obviously be very icy as well.

Don't have to sell me on the boat ramp, I think it's possible. I keep saying that they likely didn't salt in there, unlike on 9 and the higher traveled roads.

But it is interesting to me that sooo many people here were trying to convince me she went down the slope and rolled into water, which I agreed was possible but less likely than boat ramp as the entry point, and now they are all just ready to accept the boat ramp... barely a debate at all.

What changed? confirmation bias is alive and well.

Even at this point, I am just saying I wouldn't exclude anything without seeing explanations for x,y,z. But I am holding off because I think it's about the family and their wishes at this point. I am researching some, but not posting about it. But I can say that I'm personally just not convinced of anything yet.

Don't have to sell me on the boat ramp, I think it's possible. I keep saying that they likely didn't salt in there, unlike on 9 and the higher traveled roads.

But it is interesting to me that sooo many people here were trying to convince me she went down the slope and rolled into water, which I agreed was possible but less likely than boat ramp as the entry point, and now they are all just ready to accept the boat ramp... barely a debate at all.

What changed? confirmation bias is alive and well.

Even at this point, I am just saying I wouldn't exclude anything without seeing explanations for x,y,z. But I am holding off because I think it's about the family and their wishes at this point. I am researching some, but not posting about it. But I can say that I'm personally just not convinced of anything yet.

Oh yeah. Not really trying to convince you particularly. I'm just kind of thinking out loud ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member