Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This fact remains. Coming from the east on MO-9 ----In order to get to this park you must turn left toward the river onto Main Street. You will have to cross the railroad tracks and then go across a one lane bridge before winding through the banks of the Mighty MO.

I just don't think you accidentally go to this park. It sounds like this girl got around town in her car a lot. Trips to Lawrence, job near stadiums, apartment in heart of downtown, college class just off the plaza, bank in Parkville, association with Shady Lady on E12th.... It sounds like she was experienced navigating KC. I believe that she went to that park for a purpose. I just don't know what that purpose is.

PS Sr. said last night that she had worked at the YMCA in NKC for a couple of months. It is not very far from the QT. Like you, I suspect that she knew how to navigate the KC area and did not end up taking a long drive into that remote park because she was lost. If she had been lost (heading west on 9 instead of east/south), she would have turned around earlier.

[video=youtube;suQRO4YIimA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suQRO4YIimA[/video]

Notice any similarities?

I have been reading more and more instances of this. I'm not stating this is what happened with Toni however it infuriates me this is legal . I spoke with my college son and told him to never allow someone to talk him or anyone he knows in doing this if he ever ran into trouble with the law... not expecting him to but better to be prepared .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's a valid point, Max. Have you searched at all for any reports of other vehicles or bodies fished out near there in the past? A pattern might change the likelihood for me some too...

Platte Landing Park is basically a dog park with a boat landing, and it is quite new, having opened on June 21, 2014. It seems to be an extension of English Landing Park...perhaps there was a lot of interest from the dog owning community to create this separate space. It looks like they also decided to add another boat ramp with vehicle/trailer parking, possibly to reduce congestion at the boat ramp at English Landing Park during the busy season.

I'm not sure if it has been open long enough for a clear pattern of possible crimes to form, but time will tell.

I have a Ford though not a focus, but I can definitely turn my lights off if I choose. I don't imagine she would need to go to these extremes as they chose a secluded park after hours. That said, I have known several young people who became very paranoid when breaking the law and they may become irrationally careful and cut the lights, I suppose.

I personally think a sober person in good weather could accidentally drive off that dock because the stop sign and cross walk make it appear to be a road...if its dark enough that you can't see downhill to the water's surface until you're already on top of it.

Completely agree, I could see myself doing that sober. If she did back into it to turn around, and lost control, it seems very probable to me. Also, I've witnessed meany drug deals and some people do it in a Walmart parking lot in broad daylight, some go out to the middle of no where with their lights off to avoid suspicion so it really would depend on the person IMO.

[video=youtube;suQRO4YIimA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suQRO4YIimA[/video]

Notice any similarities?

After reading the wikipedia page on this tragic death, it looks like a suicide. Many details make it look that way, but in particular a key sentence from the article: "[His mother] conceded that a .22-caliber pistol was missing from the family home..."

There is some speculation that pressure to be a CI may have contributed to his suicide.

I guess if Toni was a CI that could have contributed to a suicide in her case as well.

The thing is, Toni wrote about winning her court case. The CI in this article didn't even go to court, let alone win.

PS Sr. said last night that she had worked at the YMCA in NKC for a couple of months. It is not very far from the QT. Like you, I suspect that she knew how to navigate the KC area and did not end up taking a long drive into that remote park because she was lost. If she had been lost (heading west on 9 instead of east/south), she would have turned around earlier.

Yeah, while it is certainly possible to turn down a boat ramp by mistake, first you have to be at that boat ramp. That is where the accident theory completely falls apart. There's just no way she is intending to meet someone near downtown and then ends up way out in Parkville at a desolate boat ramp by mistake. Then there is also the unlikely theory that the removal of her tracking device on the way to that boat ramp was also by accident.

By the way, the big take away from Pete's Q&A for me was that they can't think of a reason for Toni to have pulled her tracking device. So it wasn't something she was known to do. Sorry, but there is just no way I believe she knocked it off with her knee at that crucial time. Highly, highly unlikely.

By the way, the big take away from Pete's Q&A for me was that they can't think of a reason for Toni to have pulled her tracking device. So it wasn't something she was known to do. Sorry, but there is just no way I believe she knocked it off with her knee at that crucial time. Highly, highly unlikely.

What I remember PS Sr. saying last night is that she hadn't had the tracking device for very long, so they didn't know if she was in the habit of pulling it.

I also think it is SUPER unlikely that she knocked it out with her knee -- either at the QT as was reported by LE, or at the park. I've used one before, and this would be like accidentally removing an 80s/90s video game cartridge (only about half the size) with your knee.

What I remember PS Sr. saying last night is that she hadn't had the tracking device for very long, so they didn't know if she was in the habit of pulling it.

I also think it is SUPER unlikely that she knocked it out with her knee -- either at the QT as was reported by LE, or at the park. I've used one before, and this would be like accidentally removing an 80s/90s video game cartridge (only about half the size) with your knee.

I agree. It seems the knee would push it on, not off. Unfortunately, we don't know what device it was, precisely, so we don't know how big it was.

edit to add: The night before he specifically said they could think of no reason for her to pull it. We're not allowed quotes here, or I would quote it. I haven't read last night's yet. :)

After reading the wikipedia page on this tragic death, it looks like a suicide. Many details make it look that way, but in particular a key sentence from the article: "[His mother] conceded that a .22-caliber pistol was missing from the family home..."

There is some speculation that pressure to be a CI may have contributed to his suicide.

I guess if Toni was a CI that could have contributed to a suicide in her case as well.

The thing is, Toni wrote about winning her court case. The CI in this article didn't even go to court, let alone win.

Of course, because if you had a .22, you must have killed yourself, right?

I guess the backpack filled with rocks is also evidence of that? To me, that sounds similar to a mafia hitman tying a cement block on someones leg.

But yeah... anyways, not following that logic, if that's the key sentence in your opinion.

Forget the fact that he had one more controlled buy to complete his agreement and no one would even admit that he was a CI without some pressure. Yeah, that's not a red flag either. But that he has a .22 that explains everything?

Okay, went and read Pete's Q&A from yesterday. I had trouble finding it, which is why I didn't read it earlier. Here's a link, for ref purposes:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/360833074272964/permalink/390395037983434/

New info.

- Pete confirms they do not have access to Toni's texts. (Doesn't know when asked what last text is.)

- He confirms that it was Toni's friend Carli that phoned to report her missing. That confirms what I have read in social media, but directly contradicts the Crime Watch Daily show, which I noticed got a few things wrong, actually.

- He confirms that Pete Jr. moved to Oklahoma.

A participant mentions that they drive a similar Focus and the port for the tracking device is at shin level, not knee.

I have been reading more and more instances of this. I'm not stating this is what happened with Toni however it infuriates me this is legal . I spoke with my college son and told him to never allow someone to talk him or anyone he knows in doing this if he ever ran into trouble with the law... not expecting him to but better to be prepared .

Great advice. It's a very scary topic. It's not something we hear about often, and when something does go wrong, there are tons of examples of LE being comfortable with not divulging this fact unless they are forced to.

Which is why I don't think if it is the case, we'd ever know. It would require somebody doing some pushing, and I'm not seeing that likely being the outcome here.

Of course, because if you had a .22, you must have killed yourself, right?

I guess the backpack filled with rocks is also evidence of that? To me, that sounds similar to a mafia hitman tying a cement block on someones leg.

But yeah... anyways, not following that logic, if that's the key sentence in your opinion.

Forget the fact that he had one more controlled buy to complete his agreement and no one would even admit that he was a CI without some pressure. Yeah, that's not a red flag either. But that he has a .22 that explains everything?

The logic I'm not following is where this kid buys some weed off another kid at school, and the other kid somehow finds out he is a CI, kills him, and stages an elaborate suicide scenario as a coverup.

This kid snuck out of his dorm after going to bed. He died via a gunshot to the head. A gun is missing from the family home. Connect the dots.

I just checked on my vehicle, which is somewhat similar to Toni's, and the OBD Port is, in fact, at mid shin level. If would be impossible to hit it with your knee. If she knocked it off, it would have to be with the foot. The thing about that, though, is that as you get in and out the foot doesn't really go up toward the dash. The foot goes on and off the floor.

Great advice. It's a very scary topic. It's not something we hear about often, and when something does go wrong, there are tons of examples of LE being comfortable with not divulging this fact unless they are forced to.

Which is why I don't think if it is the case, we'd ever know. It would require somebody doing some pushing, and I'm not seeing that likely being the outcome here.

I could be mistaken but wasn't a CI in that area found dead in the last month. Also, I never read anything regarding the burnt out car with passenger in middle found on property. It's like things just fade away .:/

Thanks. I would guess, though, that if police decide to close the investigation (even when the public thinks it's premature), the case documents won't even include a lot of the details we'd like them to examine. :(

Does anyone know if there is a regulating agency (something like OSHA or the DOT) that might have an interest in conducting their own investigation due to the inadequate signage?

Looks like in Missouri the Department of Public Safety not only oversees the State Highway Patrol (in charge of roadway safety), but also oversees all aspects of law enforcement and training as well as waterway safety and dive teams. So apparently for everything related to Toni's case the buck stops with the Department of Public Safety.

https://www.mo.gov/government/guide-to-missouris-government/department-of-public-safety/

The logic I'm not following is where this kid buys some weed off another kid at school, and the other kid somehow finds out he is a CI, kills him, and stages an elaborate suicide scenario as a coverup.

This kid snuck out of his dorm after going to bed. He died via a gunshot to the head. A gun is missing from the family home. Connect the dots.

It's not dorm room mates scenario. Basically in a CI setting the CI would move up in rank from some dude in the dorm room. He would sell for bigger fish or his connections would lead the LE to gather evidence to pin the BIG fish. They truly don't care much about the little guys... but they do make nice pawns in the war on drugs.

And yes the major players in a ring would have no problem popping someone . A snitch is worse than stealing money in that arena. It would be known within the circle that person was a snitch and popped to set precedence for anyone else thinking of snitching.

When looking at map (or Google Earth) and you set the orientation sloped and headed W on 9, it really seems like the road into the park and the power station in the distance could look like a route back to town. I guess it depends on how well she knew that area, especially at night. If you look at her presumed route and assume she meant to take the 635 over the river, the ride into the park and to the boat ramp is a similar shape and direction. Distracted, she could have hit the river head on at a good clip. I just don't see her sliding down and being unable to get at least partly out of the car.

I read Pete Sr.s Q/A and got the strong impression that his theory seems to contradict the recovery team's report that the car had to have been in the water quite a while to have been so buried.

I think the person who pointed out that the power station looks like a city at night hit on the most likely scenario.

There is a body of water in New Orleans that LE has to drain every few years to pull stolen and ditched cars out of. I think last time they pulled out 50 something cars and this body of water is not deep or with a strong current.

Don't underestimate how many cars could be around the boat launch but they can't see or retrieve because of the river silt.

Example: http://www.fox8live.com/story/24011528/more-cars-to-be-removed-from-bayou-st-john

There are "blue holes" on the outskirts and suburbs of Little Rock that are huge holes in the ground (60-100' deep and as big around as 100'+ by 200'+ for the larger holes) where mining was done. Eventually the holes filled with water after decades of rain water build up.

These holes have been used for 50 years or longer to dispose of stolen vehicles. When I was a teenager it was a well known fact amongst my peers that the blue holes were full of stolen cars. However, nearly 30 years later when I was in my early forties there was a "HUGE" breaking story that the LRPD and Pulaski County Sheriff's Department had discovered dozens of cars in just one of the blue holes.

It was really a joke to see this unfold as if LE in the area had just solved a huge case. And it was also ridiculous that LE was so completely oblivious to a fact that was common knowledge amongst a large sector of the general public. Nothing against LE, but sometimes you can't help but wonder if they're paying any attention at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member