Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to her family, they believe she was trying to make an U turn, and her car slipped into the water when she was backing her car out of the boat ramp
Even if making a uturn, it would be almost impossible to end up sliding down the boat ramp IMO.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I read that. So they think she went a portion down the boat launch, realized it was wrong, maybe tried to back up but couldn't, decided to try and turn around in the boat launch itself, and it slid in the water.

I was thinking the other day, even if she managed to jump out of the car before it hit the water, she would have still been in a precarious position with presumably no phone, cold, desolate area with apparently no shelter, etc...

The fact that she eneded up in the park is the biggest why to me.

Even if making a uturn, it would be almost impossible to end up sliding down the boat ramp IMO.

I disagree. I do agree the exact situation is open to interpretation at this point. I think she could have tried to turn around (not sure how there is any way to know that though....) and still went into the water...

She left the gas station around 4:50 am, and I read from an article in which LE said they believed her car went into the water between 6:30-7:00 am (link was in the previous post)

This is based off her phone. There have been several and conflicting times her phone went dead.
With all the unanswered questions in this case I still find it plausible that the phone went dead for reasons other than going in the water. It was also reported LE were 99% sure that Toni did not have an accident. So I'm hesitant. Remember this is only a two month old case and the story has drastically changed multiple times.

I read that. So they think she went a portion down the boat launch, realized it was wrong, maybe tried to back up but couldn't, decided to try and turn around in the boat launch itself, and it slid in the water.

I was thinking the other day, even if she managed to jump out of the car before it hit the water, she would have still been in a precarious position with presumably no phone, cold, desolate area with apparently no shelter, etc...

The fact that she eneded up in the park is the biggest why to me.

Exactly. The accident is certainly plausible. Why she was there and ever other aspect of this case is why no one buys it though.

I have a question. What does Pete Sr. have to with this case? Why would he be doing Q and A on social media? Does he even live in KC? Wouldn't his opinions or knowledge only be per BF?

Just Wondering.

I believe it has been 6 days and if it were cut and dried an accident it would have been ruled that way already.

JMO

It appears that he wants to keep the theory of it "Not being an accident" in the publics eye. 1/4 of his replies were "This was not an accident". He knows via his son that she was going to purchase drugs that night. We know that it was stated by LE that she had plans to meet someone, but didn't make it TO THAT LOCATION ( that particular location) It leaves it open that she may have met with the individual?. I do think the Q & A is weird but it has put these thoughts out there for the world to see, and like it or not, SM is where LE finds relevant information that leads to prosecution. People say really dumb stuff on social media that ends up being used for evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. I do agree the exact situation is open to interpretation at this point. I think she could have tried to turn around (not sure how there is any way to know that though....) and still went into the water...
At this point it's all a matter of opinion and we'll just agree to disagree.

I agree and its been in the back of my mind that I think she would have known it was a boat launch she was entering. What else around there goes on a 8% grade downward?

At this point it's all a matter of opinion and we'll just agree to disagree.

It seems to me it is speculation that she was turning around, and by turning around, they meant backing up...

She could have attempted to turn around and went on mud/grass and that was the beginning of slippage...

To me she obviously went in trunk first or hood first and not sideways..

I'm going to sit back and see if more comes out over the next week...

Still catching back up but I wanted to share my two cents on things.

Firstly and respectfully, the police don't owe us anything. They don't owe us a press conference or a new release or any details at all. If that's owed to anyone, its Toni's family and AFAIK we don't know everything they know. All JMO but if what I've read is still correct, that her parents (or at least her mom) do not question the accident verdict at all, I think we should take that as more valuable as it seems like we have. Her mom knows her far better then any of us (excluding anyone on here who may have known her personally), and seems to find this very plausible. Maybe there are details not released to the public. Maybe there are lots of little things about Toni we don't know. Maybe she has a history of doing little things like that or being a distracted driver. JMO but I think her moms reaction is important in this case, and I think we all need to remember that we don't know everything that LE or her family do about this case.

Secondly, I just wanted to share my opinion on how possible it is this is an accident including some personal experience. I'm not saying there arn't any other possible scenarios, and I'm not saying LE has handled everything 100% how they should. But like Toni I'm a young woman, and I could see myself or at the very least someone I know doing what they are saying she did stone cold sobber. I read on here somewhere that her parents are saying she backed into it. To me this sounds like she maybe even knew it was a boat ramp and was using it to turn around. Not saying it's a super logical thing to do, but I'll be the first to admit as a young person my friends and I don't always make the best decisions when driving.

This is all assuming she was sobber, which we don't know. I think, in fact I know it is very possible to get high in the amount of time between her leaving QT and ending up in the river. I know because my friends and myself have gotten high in that time or less. Just last week my friend took an edible to school and ate it 10 minutes or so before lunch assuming it wouldn't kick in until lunch. She was gone by the time I saw her at lunch. Like one look at her and you knew she was high. And that's just talking about something like pot. And having been around drugs and high people I can easily see a high person doing something to accidentally end up in the river trying to leave or turn around.

Also if she was buying drugs she may have had her lights off which has been discussed. And I again know for a fact (because i used to go with my friends to deals on both sides) that some people commonly do that especially when in a park because sometimes police will patrol. I've been hanging out in a park like this after dark and had a cop see my head lights and come talk to me because most of those parks close after dark (at least in St.Louis). And although at least to the east the ice storm was a "let down", it was below freezing and the ramp could have still been icy especially since I doubt they salted it. JMO.

So I guess I don't really see why a lot of you (and I could be miss reading things do apologies if that's the case) think the given explanation is too fishy to believe because it seems like a fitting scenario to me. JMO. Again not saying there isn't something going on but I don't see the given explanation as hard to believe

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings
I think this post brings up some great points. My friends and I made some unwise choices when we were young; luckily, most of us survived. Impulsive decisions and feeling indestructible seem to be part of being young. Toni had her reasons for heading to Parkville that night--actually early morning. Somehow in the darkness, being tired from working, and negotiating slippery roads, she made a tragic mistake, and slid into the river. Such a sad end to a life just beginning to unfold.

I agree and its been in the back of my mind that I think she would have known it was a boat launch she was entering. What else around there goes on a 8% grade downward?
Literally nothing. The park itself is very flat. Parkville is on bluffs, so it's very hilly, but one would know if they're in Parkville.

Would it have been possible for her to jump out of the car? One she realized the car was going in, it seems self-preservation would kick in and she would jump out..

That is something I can't stop thinking either. Why wasnt her car door open? It seems to me in the very least she would have been in the process of jumping out

She left the gas station around 4:50 am, and I read from an article in which LE said they believed her car went into the water between 6:30-7:00 am (link was in the previous post)
The QT is a 15-20 min drive from that boat landing. How and why did it take her so long to wind up with a dead cellphone and in the river? That timeline makes no sense.

9d2842c6f12712defc082305b5ff66eb.jpg
ff9b38a3899efc1355fea22127156f46.jpg
8fb9817591a5ebc9f0eb755949c3f72b.jpg
e24a1b417b5d1b4cc4009b94e7f85fe3.jpg

Please look at these.

See, that is a lingering issue: why she didn't escape the car before, during, after it went into the water... the temp of the water is likely a factor after she went in.. shock/ cold...

Would it have been possible for her to jump out of the car? One she realized the car was going in, it seems self-preservation would kick in and she would jump out..

That is something I can't stop thinking either. Why wasnt her car door open? It seems to me in the very least she would have been in the process of jumping out
If and I say if with a ton of doubt she wound up on that boat ramp by accident if that is indeed where she entered the water, she may not gave known until she hit the water, strength of the current and water rushing in would have made it difficult. Once the car was filled up with water it would have been easier to get out unless she couldn't get the window down any further. If she had attempted to get out while the car is going down the ramp shes panicked and either focusing on stopping the car or if she was attempting to get out she has very little time to get her seat belt off. Once in the water it would have been basically impossible to ooen the door.

9d2842c6f12712defc082305b5ff66eb.jpg
ff9b38a3899efc1355fea22127156f46.jpg
8fb9817591a5ebc9f0eb755949c3f72b.jpg
e24a1b417b5d1b4cc4009b94e7f85fe3.jpg

Please look at these.

Where is this from? This is also appears to be based on someone prepared to attempt an escape. Not someone unknowing, shocked and scared. Not to mention just because it happens in one instance or even the majority of instances does not mean it cannot happen any other way. It is possible she couldnt get out for a variety of reasons that we'll never be able to account for.

Having said this, I still believe her going into the water was not an accident. Because the main issue is why was she out there in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668