Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caldwell said the man she was meeting with had been forthcoming.
Maybe when he said there were people that were not telling the whole truth and had some secrets of their own the man said he met her there, told them what they did and then said he drover off. He didnt tell them exactly what they did though. ?

Sorry, I missed this. So she did meet someone? Is there a link? TIA.
If so, where did she meet him?

So she actually did meet someone after being pulled over? Can you post a link? I completely missed this information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Me too. I missed it.

She was not "coming home from work". She was at a desolate park at 5 in the morning when she was supposed to be elsewhere. Occam's Razor is easy to throw around. I'll tell ya what, if I ever need you guys don't go with Occam's Razor, search for the truth, keep asking questions and side eye everyone. just sayin

Thank you.

My thoughts exactly. I saw the article earlier where her mother stated this was an accident, case closed and it just left me with so many more questions than I had before. The last I heard on the news (or at least thought I heard) was that it could take weeks for Toni's autopsy reports to come back due to the volume of cases the KCPD is working right now. I just don't understand how this conclusion was reached so quickly, and why, if it is the conclusion, there have been no official reports from LE verifying since they have to understand there is widespread interest in this case and also because one of their own was looked at with suspicion. I would think that they would want to be leading the discussion. Or maybe I am missing something and there has been an official report from LE. It would still be weird though because so little time has passed since that car was pulled from the river. So much about this case is so strange. :thinking:

I couldn't agree more.

I think we can all pick up from what is NOT being said that no one close to the case is mystified or concerned that Toni was in this park at this time. They seem to know exactly what she was doing there, and that what she was doing did not involve someone who harmed her. Although it seems a little early, her parents are convinced enough by the evidence to commit to the "no foul play" verdict. There may have been evidence among the belongings found in the car that verified the reason for her being in the park, along with the testimony of the person she was supposed to have been meeting and/or phone communication evidence we haven't been privy to. We may never learn those details, because they may not be directly related to her death after all.

Also, her reason for being there (whatever it was) does not make her death any less tragic. It was a total waste of a young life, full of potential, even if her current youthful choices were not well-calculated. She was just a kid. The circumstances of her death may be very separate from the circumstances that brought her to the park in the first place. This is also how her parents seem to be choosing to process the loss of their only daughter -- she didn't die at the hand of herself or anyone else, she didn't suffer, and she is gone because of an accident. I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through.

From this outside vantage point of having very few details and having to fill in the blanks with speculation, it seems quite possible that she was there deliberately to complete some sort of mission. She may have parked there for a period of time to wait and/or complete her mission. Where better to park than the parking lot? When her father talks about a U-turn gone wrong, could it be something like this? Green U being what she may have meant to do to leave the parking lot heading SW at first after a possible meet-up (or failed meet-up, or whatever), and the red U being the deadly path she actually chose? A hairpin left turn from the road down the boat launch ramp doesn't make any sense, but a too-wide U-turn out of the parking lot does.

attachment.php

Good illustration. Thanks.

eta: this makes perfect sense if she was impaired. R.I.P. Toni

KWCH played more audio or different audio from Toni's dad. Now, she got hung up on the ramp somehow and slid down. He also said she rolled down her window, disengaged her seat belt but because of the cold water and current, could not get out of the vehicle.

I do hope that at least it is corrected from "last seen" at the QT after a traffic stop in NKC. If true that she met someone at the park it should be reported and recorded that way. I do feel that whatever brought her to that park must have been important enough to have braved those slick roads at those hours. I also hope that whoever she met with now knows she was dedicated enough to them or the reason to have risked it all...just for them.

If my memory serves me correctly, that park and Parkville itself is a destination spot and not just off the highway. One would have to go there intentionally, not from being lost.

JMO's

KWCH played more audio or different audio from Toni's dad. Now, she got hung up on the ramp somehow and slid down. He also said she rolled down her window, disengaged her seat belt but because of the cold water and current, could not get out of the vehicle.

According to her mom she was Avery strong swimmer...she had her seat belt off and her window open....those are the two hardest parts...imo she was passed out from drugs or something otherwise this makes zero sense.

According to her mom she was Avery strong swimmer...she had her seat belt off and her window open....those are the two hardest parts...imo she was passed out from drugs or something otherwise this makes zero sense.

I absolutely agree.

I found this article regarding the KCMO Coroner's Office. It was common knowledge when I lived there that if a death did not SCREAM homicide it was determined to be anything else...or undetermined.

JMO

"After deputies found a young woman dead in her van with a trash bag over her head, the Jackson County Medical Examiner’s Office called the death a suicide.
Ten days later, a man confessed to killing her.
After bicyclists spotted a woman’s half-naked, bleach-covered body along a Northland road with a red mark across her neck, the medical examiner’s office ruled the death an overdose."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...ise-doubts-about-protocols.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...l-examiners-raise-doubts-about-protocols.html

OMG What the heck!!! I wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree.

I live in a very lake-saturated area. There is water all around us and there are unfortunately accidents on the water as well. Law enforcement stress that it is incredibly difficult to get out of a submerging car even for an experienced swimmer.

You can see an enactment of what happens at the video linked here. Someone has to react quickly and in the right sequence. If they don't move quickly enough, inhale water, or are otherwise impaired, they may lack the strength to push against the water.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/car-sinking-water-seconds-react-18810014

When you consider the likely drug use, or even a joint, the icy conditions, the freezing water, IMO this was accidental. Sad but true, even people that live "at risk" lifestyles often die mundane, preventable accidents. Truth.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I live in a very lake-saturated area. There is water all around us and there are unfortunately accidents on the water as well. Law enforcement stress that it is incredibly difficult to get out of a submerging car even for an experienced swimmer.

You can see an enactment of what happens at the video linked here. Someone has to react quickly and in the right sequence. If they don't move quickly enough, inhale water, or are otherwise impaired, they may lack the strength to push against the water.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/car-sinking-water-seconds-react-18810014

The vehicle in the video is an older model that most likely has more metal and is heavier than newer vehicles, would it sink faster than a car like Toni's?

OMG What the heck!!! I wonder why?

In my opinion it is a Coroner's office being a Judge and Jury on crime and messing with crime statistics to say the least. You can't find what you don't look for IMO. Especially after the cremation is done.

What happened to the old Coroner's Inquest?

JMOs

The vehicle in the video is an older model that most likely has more metal and is heavier than newer vehicles, would it sink faster than a car like Toni's?

I am not sure about that, but it seems likely. When I watch the simulation video I linked to above, it stuns me though because these 4 men know what is going to happen and know exactly what they are supposed to do. The driver starts unbuckling and rolling down the window as they're going off the ramp. It's likely the average person would be in shock and not react quickly enough...again, especially if there were any other extenuating circumstances like fatigue or substance use.

I still don't rule out the possibility of foul play, given her circles, but to me this seems like an accident. I am hoping more info comes out that sheds light on why she was there or how they concluded it was an accident.

The simulation video causes me to strongly lean toward an accident...The fact that her window was down and seatbelt undone makes it almost seem that she had seen this video, but, as someone else said, the man in the video started immediately...I feel sure that it took several seconds for Toni to realize what was happening and start the escape procedure and by then it was too late...Plus I'm sure there was a panic factor. Question: Her phone pinged until 9:00 pm that night? Was it in the car? Could that happen?

The simulation video causes me to strongly lean toward an accident...The fact that her window was down and seatbelt undone makes it almost seem that she had seen this video, but, as someone else said, the man in the video started immediately...I feel sure that it took several seconds for Toni to realize what was happening and start the escape procedure and by then it was too late...Plus I'm sure there was a panic factor. Question: Her phone pinged until 9:00 pm that night? Was it in the car? Could that happen?

I asked the same thing. This is one of the pieces of info I'm most interested in. Did they recover the phone...and, if so, can they recover any additional data (like app use) from it? I posted a link on Thread 5 from a Scuba Community forum where multiple people claimed some phones can receive signals under water, but they're not designed to so we couldn't count on that.

A poster on Reddit had a plausible scenario that made sense to me. There is a power plant across the river that can look like "downtown with tall lit-up buildings" to someone kind of distracted who doesn't know the area. If she was lost and frazzled, she may have thought she was heading for "downtown" and been just aiming her car at what looked like tall, lit buildings rather than trying to figure out north, south, east, and west. That person also said maybe with it being icy, it was hard to see the lights reflected in the water and she didn't see the river--was just thinking "I will point the car to tall building with several stories and lights on" because that looked like "Downtown."

Aerial view:
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1824394,-94.6947708,257m/data=!3m1!1e3
attachment.php

This is the street that leads to the boat ramp (at the curve on the left).
Note: there is no warning that the street is about to end and the curve leads to a boat ramp.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...aa51a2!8m2!3d39.0997265!4d-94.5785667!6m1!1e1
attachment.php

The view from near the bottom of the ramp, looking up:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...8525e66aaa51a2!8m2!3d39.0997265!4d-94.5785667
attachment.php

(I posted my theory with these maps earlier)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?331703-MO-Toni-Anderson-20-North-Kansas-City-15-Jan-2017-5&p=13223083#post13223083
I think the road you are saying leads almost into the boat ramp is *not* a road. Several people in the last thread stated it is a walking trail - the road that leads into the park is the Main St you see (which is wider to accommodate cars).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There are roughly 3 times more suicides per year than homicides. Why is homicide so easy to believe but not suicide?

There are more suicides per year than fatal car accidents.

Approximately 10% of suicides are out of the blue, with no warning whatsoever. That's roughly 4000 people in the United States per year who take their own life to the complete shock and surprise of people who know them.

Toni was supposed to meet somebody near downtown Kansas City. Instead, she spent over an hour in Parkville before heading down a boat ramp. There is no known person that she was meeting. There never will be a known person because there wasn't any.

She unplugged her tracking device.

She told an officer she was going to the Shady Lady, and then headed in the opposite direction. With him right behind her!

The only explanation that answers all questions is a mental health issue.

And she does mention depression in her twitter. Not just, "I feel so depressed," but clinical depression. Her tweet: "I can tell I'm depressed cause I can't feel fully awake and I don't wanna workout and the only thing that sounds fun is eating lol" She mentions feeling depressed or experiencing depression many times on her twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho