Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't the missing person report and picture of the missing person be shared with the all KCpd departments. Regardless of north, South, east or west?

We will never see the Quik Trip videos.
We will never see the body/dash camera videos
We will never see the full video of the JD Byrider cameras

Why withhold the videos unless LE acted unprofessionally or made qustionable decisions (eg following her after she was stopped AND was done filling her gas tank)

Pete why do you think we'll never see any video? KCPD has sounded like they'll release it after the case is closed. What if there is something on the video they are looking at that will help Toni's case move forward?

I've always suspected that she had started writing that text when she was pulled over, was interrupted or distracted, and then went back to finish and send it.

I figure Toni was anxious because the Officer's stuck around. Just texting fast and made a mistake.

When an adult is reported missing with no sign of foul play, that is not an urgent matter for the police.

"They'll turn up," is the general attitude.

In this case, there was a text from Toni.

KCPD conducted an investigation (which takes time) and found that they had not conducted the traffic stop.

They "reached out" to surrounding agencies. It would take time for surrounding agencies to conduct their own investigations and get back to KCPD.

These investigations can take inordinate amounts of time. Again, this was not an urgent matter. The query can end up on an officer's desk, and just sit there until that officer begins their shift. At that point, they may even have other priorities.

There was no ticket issued.
I doubt there was an incident report filed.

So at some point NKCPD probably investigated, and found that they had, in fact, done a traffic stop on Toni Anderson.

They initially reported 4:40 as the time of the stop. That probably came from the officer's written log book, which he or she wrote notes into while sitting at the QuikTrip. It is just a rough time! Once the investigation progressed further, and they reviewed the QuikTrip video, they determined the time of the stop was 2:25.

Everything here is NORMAL.

It appears from the surveillance video that the officer was sitting in the bakery parking lot prior to the traffic stop.

If they witnessed Toni move one lane to the left while approaching that light and not signalling the lane change, then that would be an illegal lane change.

Ace, how do you know this is what happened at NKCPD? I do not believe your story.

Why would the second in command tell me a different story than what Ace is claiming as fact?

Bottom line.

Once the missing persons report is faxed to all districs for a bolo.

Then the cop should have said I pulled her over.

And it shouldn't have took that long to say so. Jmo

How do I get "Don't ask me questions cause I'm not verified" placed at the bottom of all my posts?

Ace, how do you know this is what happened at NKCPD? I do not believe your story.

I just added a 'probably' to the sentence regarding NKCPD. It is my opinion based on what the media reported.

If you have better information I'd love to hear it.

How do I get "Don't ask me questions cause I'm not verified" placed at the bottom of all my posts?

Go to your profile under settings and there will be a place for you to write in what you want to appear in your signature.

Bottom line.

Once the missing persons report is faxed to all districs for a bolo.

Then the cop should have said I pulled her over.

And it shouldn't have took that long to say so. Jmo

When was the bolo issued, if at all?

When did the officer in question start their next shift? They often have 2-3 day breaks, randomly placed.

I've always wondered if she was pulled over twice.

I've always wondered if she was pulled over twice.

I still wonder why the dancer from Shady Lady, who knew Toni, reported she was pulled over by a Police imposter after leaving work at Shady Lady. Was she lying, telling the truth and if she was lying, why the elaborate lie?

So, going by what Pete said, perhaps NKCPD never volunteered the information. Maybe it was uncovered by KCPD (perhaps through query logs on Toni's license plate).

So, okay, I can see how that might look more suspicous. But it is not evidence of a cover up on NKCPD's part. Like I said, these things take time. This would not be a high priority.

Anyway, I'm just speculating. The bottom line is I see nothing unusual about the way this was handled initially. Police departments are staffed by people who work in shifts. It introduces all sorts of delays. They might work 4 x 10 hours shifts, then have 3 days off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper