GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seasoned investigator 'knew' this was not a kidnapping.
WOW

That's chilling, isn't it? To me, it means the scene had elements of lack of control-- things tossed around etc., compared to the perfectly unsullied environment that someone intended to leave "undisturbed." moo

I would say if the Grandmother knew he was abused before and did nothing,she could be held accountable,but I'm not sure by LE.Her cousin said Tyler would aggravate Shelby sometimes.I can't see this as a one time,just being angry event.I think people just overlooked it,because she was their friend or maybe she pretended to be a good Mom.People don't beat thier babies to death out of the blue.

cant even fathom being able to sleep soundly knowing my darling 13 month old is dead out in a field somewhere, uncovered and unloved

I think reality is beginning to set in for some of her friends.

"im so sorry tyler. i dont know what else to say..."

This was posted right about the time the presser ended. Pray for their healing.

I wonder how much time elapsed between her first blow and the one that ended this sweet boy's life?

This is not the case for 2nd degree in my opinion and unless the charge is revised I think this is more of the minimization that continues to allow these crimes to propagate. All the parents who are never charged, the mother who was acquitted, and all those charged with a lesser degree (almost as if the victim is a lesser person) sends quite the message.

JMHO

Thanks everyone for the updates. So let me get this straight:

Mom comes home in the wee hours just in time for grandma to leave for work. Not sure if they had words or not, but I would imagine that GMA expected Shelby to do what she was supposed to do and that was to take care of her child. Shelby had different plans-to sleep off her high, IMO. Of course, poor little Tyler had other plans as well-probably to be fed, to be changed, to be held, to be played with, etc... Shelby, still hopped up from whatever just can't take it anymore and decides to quiet him herself. Then she decides to get rid of his little body, slyly dropping his clothing along the way and then dumping him in a bush to make it look like it was a kidnapping by a child molester. She then decides to go back home and crash, finally getting that peaceful sleep she so badly needed. I wonder what made her actually wake up and decide to make the call to 911?

This breaks my heart. I have mentioned before that my niece is a drug addict. She once wrote a letter to heroin while in rehab. It was literally the most beautiful love letter I have ever read. She expressed her undying love for heroin and how it made her feel better than anything this world could ever offer. She loved heroin more than her children, more than her family, more than God, more than life itself. If she had to, she would die for heroin. It was a really honest letter that she wrote, and I give her credit-it took a lot of courage for her to write it, knowing that it would be read by counselors and her family. But it was truth. The bottom line is that when you are an addict, there is NOTHING in this world more important than your drug of choice-NOTHING.

RIP Precious Tyler

I would say if the Grandmother knew he was abused before and did nothing,she could be held accountable,but I'm not sure by LE.Her cousin said Tyler would aggravate Shelby sometimes.I can't see this as a one time,just being angry event.I think people just overlooked it,because she was their friend or maybe she pretended to be a good Mom.People don't beat thier babies to death out of the blue.

During the press conference it was said that there was no sign of prior abuse to Tyler.

2nd degree,I don't get that,it's murder in the first degree to me.This will probably go on for a long time and the time she spends in jail will be counted as part of the sentence.

The difference is in the intent. She probably had no intention of killing him, just lost control and kept hitting. Here, she could get 25 years to life, though. Just can't get the DP.
At least she admitted it and didn't make up a pack of lies.

AeZuem9CEAALfRH.jpg

http://twitter.com/?photo_id=1#!/kmovnewsfeed/status/136918310808850432/photo/1

Probable cause statement against Shelby Dasher

Class A Felony

The facts supporting this belief are as follows:

1. On 11/15/2011 Shelby Dasher contacted the St. Louis County police and reported her one year old son Tyler Dasher was missing from her home in south St. Louis County.

2. On 11/15/2011 the body of a small child was found in a wooded area near the residence of Shelby Dasher.

3. The body was identified as Tyler Dasher.

4. The medical examiner for St. Louis County determined that Tyler died as the result of blunt force trauma to the head.

5. St. Louis County police detectives interviewed Shelby Dasher who stated that she repeatedly struck Tyler in the head and body causing his death when she could not get Tyler to stay quiet in his crib. Shelby Dasher stated she then hid Tyler's body in the bushes where he was later discovered.

My son is two and I still hold his hand until he falls asleep.. I'm wondering if the baby had an ear infection or something that made him cry.. He could of just needed some pain meds IMO.... So sad...

Or he could have needed his diaper changed, or he just wanted to get out of his crib. :furious: But mommy just wanted her sleep........

Or even bring him in the bed with you if you need to sleep so badly. Poor little guy just wanted some comfort

Been there, done that. So tired I couldn't function so I turned on TV, put toys in the bed, put baby in bed with me, locked the bedroom door, and dozed off and on.

I have a friend who had twins and sometimes when she had had enough, she would knock on neighbors' doors, and ask if they could watch them for an hour so she could get some rest. People really are willing to help if given a chance. How sad that Shelby didn't call a friend to come over or to take him for awhile.

I wonder where this moms father is? Any word?

Very good question! Her mother's name is Dasher, as is the mother's brother. IMO the mother never married Shelby's bio-dad... had her very young too 20-21 time frame. I'm willing to bet her bio-dad never was involved in her life.

It's always so mundane.

She beat her child to death because he wouldn't settle and go back to sleep.

Even the one's that are just plain evil---are so mundane. They could be our next door neighbors or the guy at work. Even someone we sit at the dinner table with at night.

I'll be 50 next month and it never ceases to amaze me that we really have no clue what people are capable of...although at my age I'm starting to appreciate and understand a bit more of exactly what people can and will do.

We just can't look at parents and say because of this..or this..or this..that they wouldn't do something like that.

They can and they do and it's usually for some silly reason as with this case. :sigh:

All JMHO

Just a guess: she played loving selfless Mommy to her GFs.

Jekyll & Hyde.

Grandma may have begun to put her foot down. Stay home with your baby in the evenings. Get up in the morning. Time to look for a job...

The difference is in the intent. She probably had no intention of killing him, just lost control and kept hitting. Here, she could get 25 years to life, though. Just can't get the DP.
At least she admitted it and didn't make up a pack of lies.

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree. She did lie and made a false claim when she reported him missing. From the press conference, she confessed only when a seasoned investigator that has dealt with numerous child abuse cases did not believe her story and got her to confess. This is shades of Susan Smith to me, only telling the truth when faced with the fact that the lies are not being believed.

MOO

I'm no attorney but to my mind you do not strike a one year old repeatedly in the head and not intend the child to be severely if not mortally wounded. Again JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harrymorgan