MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
good question! Also, do we know when she was actually taken, ie how long held captive?
The Washington Post says 1 month. Just chilling. Also from this article:

The woman told police she had been been picked up in early September, then taken to a home and kept in a small room in the suspect’s basement.

and

The Star reported that since Haslett’s arrest, police have carried large bags of evidence from the ranch-style home. They’ve used a cadaver dog — which can track the missing or dead — to examine the yard and Haslett’s truck.

KMBC Investigates has inquired about search warrant documents related to the case and what authorities found. Clay County Prosecutor Robert Sanders said any details about items found after multiple search warrants were served in the case have been sealed by a judge for 30 days.

“We want to be able to protect the information,” Sanders said. “So, when we talk to those witnesses, we can know that what they're telling us is what they know.”

Police and the Clay County Prosecutor's Office had issued statements saying authorities have found no evidence of other women involved. The prosecutor's office has put out a call for fresh leads in the case asking anyone connected to the case to call Excelsior Springs police.

In my opinion it is ridiculous that the Police are going totally on missing person’s reports …

Bishop Calder said this young woman was one of the eight missing women he had concerns for ….

They are keeping the information sealed so that when people come to them they know they are telling the truth…… how can a deceased person come and tell them what happened ???????

Bishop Caldwell also said they found clothing belonging to other women in TH’s house …. Surely they can identify whose clothes they were??? And if not they better start looking harder …

IMO

Last edited:
Regarding the drone that Haslett allegedly used ….

Do drones record all previous GPS details like a car for example?? Could Police track a drone’s history like that???

The following questions are based on the possible allegation that there are more victims… I for one, do believe the current victim’s statement, that her friends didn’t make it ….

Is it possible that TH used the drone to seek out possible possible body disposal locations, or even targets??

Also is it possible TH used the drone to check if previous victim‘s bodies had been found, or if they were they still where he placed them??

IMO
He would sometimes travel for work, makes me wonder if he has murdered anyone else, while traveling.

Just thinking out loud.

He has a bond hearing tomorrow - October 18, 2022, at 1:30 PM. I wonder if we'll hear of more charges then. Seems his social media posts might lead to a hate crime charge but that's only a guess. LE enacting a task force makes me think they found physical evidence that shows more victims. Or maybe cell data.

In The Guardian article posted further downthread, victim TJ said his hell is in the basement... not sure of percentage of houses where basement door is found in garage overall, though.

It's a common design in the northeast--good when you're building on an uneven lot. I'd say half the houses on our hill have the garage under like that.

The thing that upsets me the most is WHY would the Police NOT believe the victim of such a horrendous crime????

I hope the Excelsior Police are better than Kansa City on this one…. and look for other women who are missing … and at least consult with Bishop Caldwell on who the 8 missing young women are …..

IMO

He has a bond hearing tomorrow - October 18, 2022, at 1:30 PM. I wonder if we'll hear of more charges then. Seems his social media posts might lead to a hate crime charge but that's only a guess. LE enacting a task force makes me think they found physical evidence that shows more victims. Or maybe cell data.

Can you link to his social media posts re: the hate crime content? I thought I saw a Facebook page of his but don't recall specifics about hate content.

Editing to say: I think I found it, in the screenshots in this article - Social Media Posts Reveal Captor and Possible Serial Killer, Timothy Haslett Jr., Was A White Supremacist Who Believed We Are In A Race War

@SarahPlakeTV

Tim Haslett has a public defender now and will be in court Oct 18 for a bond reduction hearing.

1:23 PM · Oct 17, 2022 from Kansas City, MO

@SarahPlakeTV

Replying to
@SarahPlakeTV
Hearing postponed to nov 8.

@SarahPlakeTV

I got clarification on the news release from Excels. Springs PD. They said the victim was not on any missing persons list in Kansas City. I’m not sure if anyone *tried* to report her missing. PD also said no other missing people have been linked to the case at this point.
@KSHB41

BBM tomorrow's bond hearing is postponed for three weeks. Any ideas why that might happen?

Last edited:
The people in the community need to have a safe and private way to make an official missing persons report. Everyone in that area is afraid to have police at their door or to go into the station.
This is such a sad situation ….

Would they feel more comfortable if they went to meet the Police at the church, for example, with someone like the Bishop to support them???

Could a meeting like that be arranged, on the quiet, so that loved ones with missing persons could make a “formal report” ???

Perhaps the police could attend in plain clothes so as not to be so obvious??

Just a thought…..

@SarahPlakeTV

Tim Haslett has a public defender now and will be in court Oct 18 for a bond reduction hearing.

1:23 PM · Oct 17, 2022 from Kansas City, MO

@SarahPlakeTV

Replying to
@SarahPlakeTV
Hearing postponed to nov 8.

@SarahPlakeTV

I got clarification on the news release from Excels. Springs PD. They said the victim was not on any missing persons list in Kansas City. I’m not sure if anyone *tried* to report her missing. PD also said no other missing people have been linked to the case at this point.
@KSHB41

BBM tomorrow's bond hearing is postponed for three weeks. Any ideas why that might happen?
Thanks for the update!! At least that is 3 more weeks off the street, in the worst case scenario that he gets bail …. Imo

Why would his bond hearing be postponed? Does this mean more charges are coming?
It could mean a number of different things ……. (From my understanding)
Yes there could be additional charges…

He has only just been appointed a public defender who may need more time to read the case and prepare his arguments before a bail application …

The DA May have asked for an extension while waiting for evidence to come back from the lab….

The family / suspect may have asked for an extension to allow time to raise the bail money ….

That is just a few reasons I can think of …Others may know more specifics about US cases …

Do you know where that rumored serial killer operated? When I told my partner about this case he said heard a rumor of a serial killer “around that area” (excelsior springs) about a month ago but he wasn’t paying much attention to the conversation and couldn’t remember who said it so he didn’t have any details. He hadn’t heard the rumors about a serial killer around Prospect until I told him, so it is interesting that there seem to be (at least) two sets of SK rumors at the same time in places this guy can be tied to. I’m going to ask him if the truck ramming sounds familiar.
Figured out the town - raytown, Missouri. Not too familiar with the area though

Can you link to his social media posts re: the hate crime content? I thought I saw a Facebook page of his but don't recall specifics about hate content.

Editing to say: I think I found it, in the screenshots in this article - Social Media Posts Reveal Captor and Possible Serial Killer, Timothy Haslett Jr., Was A White Supremacist Who Believed We Are In A Race War
His Facebook page appears to have been taken down, but I did see a post from a woman with the surname Haslett stating that neither she nor her husband is any relation, so please leave them alone. Can't say I blame her.

I have an uncommon last name myself, and I'm sure the same thing could potentially happen if a person with that name ever does something terrible.

Boy, he sure doesn't view things rationally, does he? One such comment:

he goes into detail about his beliefs that Black people are lesser forms of humans than white people, saying “when they decide to act like my equal, then we can discuss their equality.”

Uh... act like his equal? Like... rape, beat, (likely) kill and hold people against their will? He wants the black race to do that to be his equal? He sure doesn't see himself in the same light that others do, does he? All MOO.

Another:

1666058215054.png
Like "he who never did a thing to oppress them"??

Per Oxford:

op·pres·sion

noun
1. prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control.
"a region shattered by oppression and killing"

2. the state of being subject to unjust treatment or control.
"a response to collective poverty and oppression"

Opposite: freedom, democracy

3. mental pressure or distress.

Me again... He's a piece of work, that one.

Last edited:
Boy, he sure doesn't view things rationally, does he? One such comment:

he goes into detail about his beliefs that Black people are lesser forms of humans than white people, saying “when they decide to act like my equal, then we can discuss their equality.”

Uh... act like his equal? Like... rape, beat, (likely) kill and hold people against their will? He wants the black race to do that to be his equal? He sure doesn't see himself in the same light that others do, does he? All MOO.

Another:

View attachment 373889
Like "he who never did a thing to oppress them"??

Per Oxford:

op·pres·sion

noun
1. prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control.
"a region shattered by oppression and killing"

2. the state of being subject to unjust treatment or control.
"a response to collective poverty and oppression"

Opposite: freedom, democracy

3. mental pressure or distress.

Me again... He's a piece of work, that one.

I'm not sure where they found these posts because I searched keywords on his profile and the posts did not come up. Maybe they were not on his actual profile or FB's search function was not working when I tried.

Figured out the town - raytown, Missouri. Not too familiar with the area though
There seem to have been a lot of murders there, and some older serial killers, but I didn't find anything that looked relevant. I haven't looked in detail yet, though.

Also there seem to have been a heck of a lot of serial killers in the KC-St. Louis corridor. :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute
Back