MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the ex wife is seeking a restraining order and temporary custody of the child they share. This causes our suspect to write an 8 page letter to the judge.
"While I understand the allegations are serious, they are nothing more than that," Timothy Haslett Jr. said in a handwritten letter he sent to a Jackson County judge in a separate custody battle.
He said local and national news reports present a "one-sided narrative" and argues those reports should not be used as proof that he's a danger to anyone.

This poor woman escaped by her teeth she was just lucky to have escaped or her life may have had an outcome such as her friends lives cut short allegedly by this perp. I believe what this victim is telling LE about her friends deahts at the hands of this perp. Afterall she has been through serious trauma so why would she make up a story? IMO its real it happened those two friends are dead like she says at the hands of this suspect. The only thing that stands in the way is proof. I suppose their DNA could be found in the house . But this suspect can make all kinds of execuses and it would be legitimate his argument. It obviously is up to LE to prove that what the victim says is so about her friends. I hope they can find the evidence to support her claims. IDK perhaps it will be difficult to do so. I mean there are ways the suspect could have used unfortunately to go undetected and knows this. I wonder if in the long run he will be charged with thier deaths/murders? Depends on if LE can find something to tie their disappearances to the suspect. I hope so if what the victim says is so. What's there not to believe of the victim?

This poor woman escaped by her teeth she was just lucky to have escaped or her life may have had an outcome such as her friends lives cut short allegedly by this perp. I believe what this victim is telling LE about her friends deahts at the hands of this perp. Afterall she has been through serious trauma so why would she make up a story? IMO its real it happened those two friends are dead like she says at the hands of this suspect. The only thing that stands in the way is proof. I suppose their DNA could be found in the house . But this suspect can make all kinds of execuses and it would be legitimate his argument. It obviously is up to LE to prove that what the victim says is so about her friends. I hope they can find the evidence to support her claims. IDK perhaps it will be difficult to do so. I mean there are ways the suspect could have used unfortunately to go undetected and knows this. I wonder if in the long run he will be charged with thier deaths/murders? Depends on if LE can find something to tie their disappearances to the suspect. I hope so if what the victim says is so. What's there not to believe of the victim?
B&UBMFF

Why would she make up a story that takes away from HER story if it wasn't true? (I'm agreeing with yo, BTW.) That would mean resources spent on her case might get divvied up for other cases. Due to that I totally believe her. It wouldn't help her at all to lie about this to LE. She wants them found and returned to their families and for her kidnapper to be charged with more than kidnapping and rape. I hope she gets her wish. :)

All MOO.

Does anyone know the outcome of his pretrial hearing? I think there was supposed to be a court appearance on December 2.

I also wonder if the house is still boarded up / fenced off or if LE has cleared out and turned it back over to the landlord?

I wish there was more info on this disturbing case.

Does anyone know the outcome of his pretrial hearing? I think there was supposed to be a court appearance on December 2.

I also wonder if the house is still boarded up / fenced off or if LE has cleared out and turned it back over to the landlord?

I wish there was more info on this disturbing case.
I believe it was rescheduled to January. Not sure this is an approved source. https://flipboard.com/topic/claycou..._OsR7Yw:a:3473511933-26a4c23fe8/flipboard.com

Last edited:
I agree.

It's so so very unlikely, IMO, that her comment was a result of some weird successful long term gaslighting on his part that other women were involved/existent.

I wouldn’t say impossible, maybe there’s like 5% possibility, but I do consider it really really slim because it almost sounds like something out of an M Night Shyamalan movie. Like she was cooped up so long she started hallucinating/seeing voices or something??

These women need, like, a journalist hero to take up for them.

Published yesterday​

In the early hours of Oct. 7, residents on a leafy street in Excelsior Springs, a bedroom community north of the city, were awakened by the sound of knocking and the faint cry: “Help me.” A grandmother opened her door and found an emaciated young Black woman, wearing only a latex bondage dress and a homemade metal collar and padlock around her neck.

The woman, 22, told neighbors she had escaped from a house up the hill where she had been held against her will for nearly a month by a man who picked her up in early September from Prospect Avenue. He had brought her home, locked her in the basement and repeatedly whip*ped and ra*ped her, she said.

The grandmother brought the woman into her still-darkened living room. When Lt. Ryan Dowdy of the Excelsior Springs Police arrived on the scene and knelt down beside the woman, he saw that she was still shaking with terror, convinced her captor would h*unt her down and kil*l her.

And there was more.

“He kil*led two of my friends,” she told him....

snip

No human remains have been found on the site, Dowdy said, and they have not yet identified any further victims. But he said that he believes there is a “substantial possibility” there are more victims.

Police dismissed Black leaders’ claims of a serial killer. Then a woman escaped.

Published yesterday​

In the early hours of Oct. 7, residents on a leafy street in Excelsior Springs, a bedroom community north of the city, were awakened by the sound of knocking and the faint cry: “Help me.” A grandmother opened her door and found an emaciated young Black woman, wearing only a latex bondage dress and a homemade metal collar and padlock around her neck.

The woman, 22, told neighbors she had escaped from a house up the hill where she had been held against her will for nearly a month by a man who picked her up in early September from Prospect Avenue. He had brought her home, locked her in the basement and repeatedly whip*ped and ra*ped her, she said.

The grandmother brought the woman into her still-darkened living room. When Lt. Ryan Dowdy of the Excelsior Springs Police arrived on the scene and knelt down beside the woman, he saw that she was still shaking with terror, convinced her captor would h*unt her down and kil*l her.

And there was more.

snip

No human remains have been found on the site, Dowdy said, and they have not yet identified any further victims. But he said that he believes there is a “substantial possibility” there are more victims.

Police dismissed Black leaders’ claims of a serial killer. Then a woman escaped.

I’m very glad investigators are now taking the possibility of more victims seriously. IMO

Published yesterday​

And there was more.

snip

Police dismissed Black leaders’ claims of a serial killer. Then a woman escaped.​

Snipped from the article & BBM:

The Excelsior Springs Police stopped Haslett in his truck a short time later, detaining him on a minor animal control violation while they searched his home. Inside, they found a dungeonlike cell that he had built in the basement and outfitted with a variety of restraints, according to Dowdy.

“It was bad,” Dowdy recalled. “It was painted all black, with multiple devices to restrain her.”

After Haslett was arrested and charged with rape, kidnapping and aggravated assault, police spent three days there and removed more than 1,000 of pieces of evidence, including several hard drives Dowdy said were loaded with *advertiser censored*. Since his arrest, Haslett has said little to investigators, police said. His public defender, Tiffany Leuty, declined to comment.

[…]

Haslett, who is White, frequently posted racist or misogynistic commentary on a local Excelsior Springs community Facebook group, from an account that classmates confirmed had been his.

The race war started a long time ago. Wake up,” he wrote in one post, adding a vulgarity. And in another, he wrote, “Racism is a natural thing! It actually [is] an emotion and has, or used to at least, have a clinical name. It’s called xenophobia. Xenophobia is to fear or be suspicious of the unknown. And every species of animal and insect on earth feels it to one degree or another. Where in nature on earth do you see cross-species comingling? Where do you see interspecies breeding?”

IMO Haslett is clearly a very sick man on many levels. It’s a good thing he is behind bars, but I’m fearful that his lack of cooperation will mean any other potential victims may not receive justice.

Published yesterday​

And there was more.

snip

Police dismissed Black leaders’ claims of a serial killer. Then a woman escaped.​

Does WaPo list their names?

Snipped from the article & BBM:

The Excelsior Springs Police stopped Haslett in his truck a short time later, detaining him on a minor animal control violation while they searched his home. Inside, they found a dungeonlike cell that he had built in the basement and outfitted with a variety of restraints, according to Dowdy.

“It was bad,” Dowdy recalled. “It was painted all black, with multiple devices to restrain her.”

After Haslett was arrested and charged with rape, kidnapping and aggravated assault, police spent three days there and removed more than 1,000 of pieces of evidence, including several hard drives Dowdy said were loaded with *advertiser censored*. Since his arrest, Haslett has said little to investigators, police said. His public defender, Tiffany Leuty, declined to comment.

[…]

Haslett, who is White, frequently posted racist or misogynistic commentary on a local Excelsior Springs community Facebook group, from an account that classmates confirmed had been his.

The race war started a long time ago. Wake up,” he wrote in one post, adding a vulgarity. And in another, he wrote, “Racism is a natural thing! It actually [is] an emotion and has, or used to at least, have a clinical name. It’s called xenophobia. Xenophobia is to fear or be suspicious of the unknown. And every species of animal and insect on earth feels it to one degree or another. Where in nature on earth do you see cross-species comingling? Where do you see interspecies breeding?”

IMO Haslett is clearly a very sick man on many levels. It’s a good thing he is behind bars, but I’m fearful that his lack of cooperation will mean any other potential victims may not receive justice.
Oh, *advertiser censored*!

What a nightmare for the woman who broke free- a victim and a hero, I hope she’s being treated well in ALL the ways!
May they find something to help keep him behind bars forever.
Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back