MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In this day and age I'm thinking it's not a good idea to open ANY barrel you may stumble across, blue or otherwise, even if you're unfamiliar with this case. JMO
Anyone finding a barrel not familiar with the case will be curious. Maybe the barrel is filled with money. Better look inside.

Same as anyone that finds an abandon locked Safe is surely going to bust it open.

JMO

Anyone finding a barrel not familiar with the case will be curious. Maybe the barrel is filled with money. Better look inside.

Same as anyone that finds an abandon locked Safe is surely going to bust it open.

JMO
I'll call you to come and open the barrel to see if money is inside. LOL I'm not looking. I feel the chances are better it's something disgusting vs it being lost money. Yeah, not doin' it. lol

“We have asked the public to remain vigilant for any suspicious objects, such as blue barrels, particularly on or around the Missouri River,” said Alexander Higginbotham, a spokesman for the Clay County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. “We have reason to believe that additional evidence may be contained in another blue barrel that could be located on the Missouri River.”

She escaped when Haslett took his child to school, the document says, and pleaded for help from neighbors. One neighbor, Ciara Tharpe, recalled the woman saying that other friends who'd also been held captive "didn't make it."
1691775128533.jpeg

JMO
You’re absolutely right. Sadly that’s how my ex boyfriends son and girlfriend were found. And it went viral on tic tok before we even found out.

I'll call you to come and open the barrel to see if money is inside. LOL I'm not looking. I feel the chances are better it's something disgusting vs it being lost money. Yeah, not doin' it. lol

also, don't open any coolers or Coleman jugs you find. Dregs from meth production are dumped in them. The cheaper, the more likely.

(Once did a Head Start home visit in a small apartment complex. Between my parking place & the outside door was an empty container of each ingredient used in meth production plus 2 styrooam coolers.

First thing Mom said "I know you're here to talk about {Child] but can you help me find another place to live? Please?

Mostly the Family Advocate ( saintly woman) but you bet we did!

jmho ymmv lrr

“We have asked the public to remain vigilant for any suspicious objects, such as blue barrels, particularly on or around the Missouri River,” said Alexander Higginbotham, a spokesman for the Clay County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office. “We have reason to believe that additional evidence may be contained in another blue barrel that could be located on the Missouri River.”
I wonder whether he tried to weigh down the barrels (I'm assuming there are more victims than just Jaynie) with rocks/weights to try and keep them submerged or if he simply put the bodies in and then dumped them?

I wonder whether he tried to weigh down the barrels (I'm assuming there are more victims than just Jaynie) with rocks/weights to try and keep them submerged or if he simply put the bodies in and then dumped them?
I guess that would depend on whether he was trying to sink them or float them downstream.

MOO

That's awful :(. I think I would 100% lift the lid and have a look but I would never put photo/video of the contents on the Internet!.
I’d look too I wouldn’t be able to help it. I’m way too curious. They were found as some kind of tik tok challenge thingy looking for random stuff. It wasn’t their fault at all

This is what I came to say.

So escape victim said Haslett killed two of her friends, but Crosdale was not one of those two people.

I need someone to explain it like I’m five, how there isn’t an investigation into a serial killer. Because it seems to me the only evidence of not a serial killer is LE stating “not a serial killer” and no one believes them.
For one thing, there are two separate jurisdictions. The women were reportedly abducted (or got in vehicle in any case) in Jackson County, Missouri, and the homicides likely happened in Clay County, Missouri. It's possible there's back and forth or some kind of behind-the-scenes discussion on who's going to investigate/pursue further victims...stay tuned. It's possible (I'm just speculating) Clay County is saying "Keep your big-city, outgoing-prosecutor, non-local-control-police-department mitts off this one, Kansas City...WE have this one!" and possibly Jackson County is stuck on "nuh-uh, we said there aren't X number of missing women in Jackson County--prove it" and stuff like that.

[…]
During the docket call, Haslett and his counsel requested the hearing be continued on December 18.

The judge approved, and that will be the next time Haslett is back in court.

12/18/2023
Hearing Scheduled

Scheduled For:
04/15/2024; 1:30 PM; ALISHA DIANE OHARA; Clay
Hearing Held
State by APA. Defendant in person and by counsel. At Defendants request, cause continued for docket call to 4-15-24 at 1:30 pm. Bond continued. AO/mak
Clay County case # 23CY-CR01089 - ST V TIMOTHY MARRION HASLETT JR
found at Casenet

again continued. next hearing set for April 2024

calling attention for @DustyDog

1708857962244.jpegThe Excelsior Springs residence of Timothy M. Haslett Jr., charged in Clay County Circuit Court with kidnapping and rape, in the 300 block of Old Orchard Avenue, was boarded up and fenced off Monday following the days-long execution of a search warrant at the home.

A defense attorney representing Timothy M. Haslett, the Excelsior Springs man accused of imprisoning and raping a woman in his home for about a month, wants a Clay County judge to prevent information about the case from being shared publicly.

Haslett, 41, faces criminal charges of rape, kidnapping and sodomy in Clay County Circuit Court after a malnourished woman, wearing a collar locked around her neck, ran to neighbors and said she had been restrained in a man’s basement. She said she escaped a room built to keep her confined while Haslett drove his child to school

This week Haslett’s attorney filed a motion asking for a protection order. If the judge approves the request it will prohibit anyone involved in the case from speaking publicly about it. The public also wouldn’t have access to any court documents involving the case.

The request claims the case received significant media coverage and national interest from networks and shows like Inside Edition. Haslett’s attorney also says people are posting using TikTok and YouTube to post claims about the case and the information is not always accurate.​

The request also said Haslett will not be able to get a fair trial with an impartial jury if information about the case continues to be released.

*eta: Haslett's next court appearance is scheduled for April 15, 2024.

Last edited:
1708867330831.jpeg
Tiimothy Haslett enters a Clay County courtroom November 2022

<modsnip: Snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 486020
Tiimothy Haslett enters a Clay County courtroom November 2022

<modsnip: Snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

If it had been the victim asking to seal the records, I would have agreed. But does anybody really care what he wants? Sicko

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back