MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article came out Sept. 27 in Kansas City. I wonder if it's connected to this case, or if it's an entirely different (rumored) one?

I don't think that supposed serial killer is related, as it was concentrated in the Black community in KC proper. Now I did take up for the people who thought there was a serial killer on another forum, because just last year there WAS a serial killer going into high-rises and killing random residents in KC and St. Louis I think mostly in the Black community.

He took the Amtrak between KC and St. Louis and killed people (seemingly random) in both cities. That's been less than a year ago.

So when the Black community in KC recently started thinking there was a serial killer targeting Black women and teens, I didn't think it was so farfetched, but people were very critical of the Tik Tokker who sounded the alarm.

One of the missing Black teens was found alive, and some people pointed out that saying it was a serial killer was unnecessarily alarming to the families of those still missing, because let's hope they, too, are still alive.

But I didn't think it was "being all alarmist" to wonder if there is another serial killer targeting the Black community, when there was a very bizarre one less than a year ago.

This article came out Sept. 27 in Kansas City. I wonder if it's connected to this case, or if it's an entirely different (rumored) one?

Unfortunately not available in my country. Anybody willing to tell in short what this is article is about?

Thank you for the video. I had known that the woman who escaped did so while the accused was dropping off his child at school nearby but didn't have a link.
The tow truck driver indicated that he had towed other vehicles from the residence, possibly of the victim(s)

My goodness, this man was keeping a woman captive in a house with HIS CHILD living there too? How awful. I hope the child is unharmed and will be well taken care after this.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not available in my country. Anybody willing to tell in short what this is article is about?
KANSAS CITY, Mo. —
The Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department said a video circulating social media claiming a "serial killer" is targeting women in the community is false.

In the video, posted to TikTok and shared to other social media platforms, a man claims information from the community says four "Black girls" have been murdered, and three more have been reported missing, in the past week. The post also goes on to state that four bodies have been found in a specific part of the city since Tuesday.

No names were provided regarding the alleged victims or missing women in the video. That video has since been deleted from TikTok, but continues to circulate social media.

In a statement, a spokesperson with the Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department said this is a rumor with no factual basis.

Hey everyone,

I have a question. I believe I read that a tow truck driver said he had towed vehicles from this location before. Is there anymore information on this? I feel like they’d run the tags to ensure theyre not registered to anyone who’s been reported missing.

NEW: Excelsior Springs police and public works crews are on scene boarding up home of Timothy Haslett Jr. Haslett was charged with first degree rape, first degree kidnapping, and second degree assault on Friday.
Matt Flener KMBC
https://twitter.com/MattFlenerKMBC

KANSAS CITY (AP) — Authorities continued investigating a suspected kidnapping and sexual assault this weekend in a small Missouri town just northeast of Kansas City that was discovered when a malnourished woman escaped and screamed for help.

Clay County authorities charged a man identified according to online jail records as 39-year-old Timothy Haslett Jr. of Excelsior Springs with rape, kidnapping and assault after the woman ran from his house in Excelsior Springs Friday morning. She was hospitalized in stable condition Friday, and reunited with her family afterward.

BBM- How long was she held for her to became malnourished?!

KANSAS CITY (AP) — Authorities continued investigating a suspected kidnapping and sexual assault this weekend in a small Missouri town just northeast of Kansas City that was discovered when a malnourished woman escaped and screamed for help.

Clay County authorities charged a man identified according to online jail records as 39-year-old Timothy Haslett Jr. of Excelsior Springs with rape, kidnapping and assault after the woman ran from his house in Excelsior Springs Friday morning. She was hospitalized in stable condition Friday, and reunited with her family afterward.

BBM- How long was she held for her to became malnourished?!
All we know is since September. When in September is unknown. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander
Back